E-Nail temperature

DrRishi

I have recently started using an E-Nail and I love it. Now I am searching for the ideal temperature. I have found all the info about at which temperature each of the active components vapourises but I want to know how everyone is setting up their enail. I have tried using my laser temperature gun to see what the actual temperature of the nail if but that if not very accurate. I have a 20cm heater that wraps tight around my Ti nail.

Since I want to vape and not smoke I am into low temp dabbing. I currently have my E-Nail set to 240C (464F). What temp do you have your E-Nail set to?

DrRishi,
Reactions: shredder

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have recently started using an E-Nail and I love it. Now I am searching for the ideal temperature. I have found all the info about at which temperature each of the active components vapourises but I want to know how everyone is setting up their enail. I have tried using my laser temperature gun to see what the actual temperature of the nail if but that if not very accurate. I have a 20cm heater that wraps tight around my Ti nail.

Since I want to vape and not smoke I am into low temp dabbing. I currently have my E-Nail set to 240C (464F). What temp do you have your E-Nail set to?
Thats pretty low so your probably getting pooling and its probably taking more hits and more effort each hit to clear one dab. Not sure what the best dab temp is with Ti, but many are vaping on quartz or SiC at around 525-600 for low temps. Of course your temp readout and coil temperature can be different so it is a good idea to check the actual temp at the coil. A laser wont work as it will get too much reflection from the metal and give a readout that can be 200 or so degrees off. You need a multimeter or thermometer with a k-type thermocouple to get an accurate reading.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Enails are great but what is even better is the surface material you dab on. I would suggest you invest in a quartz or SiC dish. (Silicone Carbide) They are way better than Ti.

I am using a SiC dish on my enail and currently dabbing at 488F but looking into a thermometer/coupler to test the actual temp.

Gigsabits53

I am currently using SiC with my setup. I have been dabbing at 590-625. I'm not sure what my actual temp is at the dish but I may dial it down some more. I am not getting much pooling at 590 and the taste is very good. I tend to experiment with temps. :)

Gigsabits53,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I am currently using SiC with my setup. I have been dabbing at 590-625. I'm not sure what my actual temp is at the dish but I may dial it down some more. I am not getting much pooling at 590 and the taste is very good. I tend to experiment with temps. :)

What I did was bring the temp down 7 degrees on the controller each week until I get pooling. So far good at 489F.

Gigsabits53

What I did was bring the temp down 7 degrees on the controller each week until I get pooling. So far good at 489F.

Thanks for the reply! I guess that is sort of what I have been doing, just not in certain degree increments. I basically started at 625 and have worked my way down from there. More testing is always a good thing in this game:)

Gigsabits53,

DrRishi

Are you guys using SiC all using the DNail? I have a 20mm coil type heater on my Dabinator but I cannot find any sort of SiC dish that would fit with this sort of heater. Looks like I would have to purchase a flat one?

DrRishi,

Gigsabits53

Are you guys using SiC all using the DNail? I have a 20mm coil type heater on my Dabinator but I cannot find any sort of SiC dish that would fit with this sort of heater. Looks like I would have to purchase a flat one?

Yes I have the D-nail SiC halo. I'm running it on an auberins RDK-300 controller with a flat coil and it is awesome!;)

Gigsabits53,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Yes, most are using the D-Nail SiC dish with the D-nail slim base with a flat coil heater. Capped with the D-Nail V2 Ti carb cap.

Shooby,

DrRishi

I am now considering the SiC Halo but I am having problems finding a 220V flat coil heater.
Vapefiend in the UK do stock the nail but they do not have the carb cap or the heater. They have run out of stock and have no idea when/if they will ever be re-stocked. Makes me a little wary. Is there an issue with D-Nail? My other option would be a flat coil from DHGate but I have he feeling that maybe a bit of a lottery.
Any advice welcome.

DrRishi,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I am now considering the SiC Halo but I am having problems finding a 220V flat coil heater.
Vapefiend in the UK do stock the nail but they do not have the carb cap or the heater. They have run out of stock and have no idea when/if they will ever be re-stocked. Makes me a little wary. Is there an issue with D-Nail? My other option would be a flat coil from DHGate but I have he feeling that maybe a bit of a lottery.
Any advice welcome.

You could keep your 20mm coil, and look into the flowerpot for SiC use?

EmDeemo,

DrRishi

Thanks for the tip. I had not come across the Flowerpot before. Now reading my way though another 100 pages. Looks very interesting.

DrRishi,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Any advice welcome.

look at www.mininail.com for there nails. They have a spacer for to use for 20mm and 16mm. I dont know how they perform as i only have a flat coil. but you can buy that nail base, then buy the SiC halo and V2 carb cap. I have used the mininail base with SiC halo and V2 carb cap.

Shooby,

DrRishi

So I just got my Flowerpot with a SIC dish. Got so blasted experimenting yesterday evening I had to lay down! Great flavour from the SIC dish and I love being able to use flower in it too. Started at 340, the heat transfer seems very good (I have a wrap around head and a cover over the coil) so this evening I am going to drop it down a bit.

DrRishi,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
One more thing... these probes will drift through time. So 450F 5 years from now wont be the same unless you calibrate it.

jojo monkey,
Top Bottom