E-Cigs or other non-smoke nicotine delivery, need to help my mom...

indigal

Amongst the corn
Ok, long story short, my mom will&can not stop using nicotine :/. Just won't happen. She's 67, feels and acts like 80+. She has spinal stenosis amongst other nasty chronic illnesses.
Smokes 2 packs a day. She's tried to stop a multitude of ways for decades as she's been a smoker since she was 13. At this point, I'm just interested in finding out if the Ecigs will help and any info/advice/suggestions on what to get her. I plan to be the "supplier" as she is not wired for computer use.. If there is a good way to get her fix with the actives in cigs, and get the visceral enjoyment/habit she needs of hand-to-mouth she and I would both be happy. Frankly, I want her to be able to get her addiction satisfied without combustion and she's very interested in trying as well. it would allow her to breathe easier (as well as my dad) and it would make visits far more enjoyable for me! Even if it reduced her cig dependence by half I think it would be worth it.

So, anyone use Ecigs? Any suggestions on best ones, and where to buy??
Anyone vaporize tobacco? Is that even a possibility?
Do these methods actually deliver "the goods" ?

Thanks for any help with my personal family issues! :)

indigal,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I use the e-cigs and cannot recommend them enough. Today is day 120 without a cig :D I am also now diluting the juice to just a teeny amount of nicotine too. Soon hopefully none!

I have not tried it but folks are vaporizing tobacco in Iolites, they are also using e-cig liquid diluted in the Iolites as well. I have NOT tried this.

I graduated from a little e-cig to a big battery mod. I wouldn't buy one of those until you know your mom is going to be vaping. There is also some issue of people finding the right style atomizer, right amount of nicotine and flavors they like.

So.. Since not everyone takes to the e-cig right off I usually suggest a lower priced kit to start and then if the person really gets into vaping they can add to their collection... Sound familiar LOL?? I'd start with a Joye 510 kit.

They make these nice cases that charge your batteries while you're away from home too but I think they charge by USB... If she is not into computers - you may want to be sure to get stuff with only plug in chargers and no USB stuff.

My favorite juices (USA made) come from nhaler.com (SaveinNJ = coupon code 10% off) - Awesome flavors and I LOVE the high voltage liquids. Also sells some herbal lung juices that everyone raves about, pear lung is heavenly!!! He carries the 510 kit too but I think you can get one a little cheaper from cignot.com (no box special I think it's called) if you want to save some dough.

Then, IF she takes to it you can order atomizers, batteries, etc. in bulk direct from mfgrs. in china. I personally don't buy their juice but you can get juice from china REALLY cheap too. You can order the whole 510 kit there too but if you want it quicker you can order from US supplier (assume you're in US). You could also then look into some of the bigger battery mods that have batteries that last a lot longer.

Here is the e-cig forum for additional info:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

There is a bit to deal with as far as keeping extra batteries charged, extra atomizers (they die) hell batteries die too. It is SO worth it though!! I also hooked my sister and a friend in AZ up with the e-cigs and they're both happily quitting too. We all say the same thing... EASIEST way ever to quit... Tried pills, patches, gums... This is like having your cake and eating it too especially if you get down to zero nic though I hope then to just put the thing down (unless I find a way to put weed juice in it LOL).

Please feel free to holler if you have other questions... Happy to help and I often have said that if e-cigs had come out sooner my father might still be alive. I would love to see you get your mother to quit.

I absolutely feel SO much better. My lungs are great and I feel evolved. I only found my way here after I started using the e-cig and decided maybe vaping would be better than burning the herb. After over 25 years of burning leaves every day... I no longer burn anything :D

I have also heard great things about the green cigs (read about on the forum or at nhaler.com)... I have never used them but a lot of folks REALLY like them.

Good luck and again, holler if I can help!!

Lo,

Purple-Days

An old standby and the thing that helped me most was a nicotine patch. ;) Very steady delivery of as much nicotine as needed and no inhalation etc.

The hands thing/habit is another story.

Purple-Days,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oohhh... I used cinnamon sticks for the hand/mouth thing before I discovered the e-cigs :D

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
The forum that lo linked is excellent for info. My suggestion for a brand/type is the Vapor King. It's a two piece design, combining the cartridge with the atomizer in one piece. It can still be easily separated in order to refill the cartridge section with nic juice. Refilling isn't necessary, but it cuts down on replacement cost. Although the 510, 901, etc. are very popular e-cig types, many owners have switched to the Vapor King for ease of use and better vapor. The company's selection and quality of nic juice flavors is also excellent. A 10% discount is available with every order (code- 'SMILIN'), and they often have other sales as well. They also include significant 'freebies' with every order. They included a free $25 personal charging case (PCC) with the kit I ordered for my wife, and the last order I received included a USB passthrough (sells for $18), which allows you to use a USB port for power-just attach a cartomizer and vape away-no battery needed. Anytime you have an issue with any part going bad-battery, passthrough, cartomizer-just let 'em know in your next order and they send a replacement. No questions asked and no need to return the bad part. This model is basically a KR808D-1, vs. 510, 901, 801, etc. but the company's excellent customer service sets it apart from the competition. They're also making every effort to improve the performance and consistency of the product to further separate it from the standard 808D.
http://store.vapor4life.com/default.asp

max,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Thanks for the model recommendations and forum links! I will check into these. It is really appreciated :)

indigal,
Top Bottom