Duo - Infusion Vaporizer by VUE - Formerly Metaväp

Chief Infusion Officer

Haiden G - CEO & Co-Founder of Vue
Manufacturer
Are the two chambers going to be similar in size? And would the set temp for the concentrate chamber be above herb combustion temperature?

The chamber sizes will be mainly determined by a combination of our miniaturization process and our user testing / survey data, but the concentrate chambers' volume will likely be less than the flower chambers.

The concentrate temp will be in just the right place for concentrates; around 390-400 degrees. These temps and lower temps (360-380) will also be surfable via a button press, to ensure even heat distribution through all the cannabinoids.

I hope that answers your question! :)

garymon

Taking a step back for a second:

One common complaint is that model x doesn't work for user m's consumption preferences. With your dual chamber design, herb only folks will complain that one chamber is wasted. Likewise for the concentrate only people.

Another common issue is that model x was made when material y was popular but now that material is less popular.

An option to solve both of these issues is to make the chambers modular. Then users can chose to have one of each or double up on herb or concentrate. And since the chambers are modular you can release new chambers overtime to stay relevant with the latest new trends and quite frankly so you can continue to make money off your current user base which benefits us since it encourages you to continue to innovate on the current model versus releasing a bunch of nearly identical models with only minor changes.

In regard to the modularity I see two obvious paths:
1. Quick and easy to swap. Users may buy a bunch of these to preload and just swap as needed while out and about. See the Elo thread for an example of their chip type chamber.
2. Configure and forget. Installing the chambers is a one time task that is separate from filling the chamber which would need to be fast and easy. Typical users would just specify the configuration when ordering and never need to remove a chamber but people that like to mod things could get creative.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Taking a step back for a second:

One common complaint is that model x doesn't work for user m's consumption preferences. With your dual chamber design, herb only folks will complain that one chamber is wasted. Likewise for the concentrate only people.

Another common issue is that model x was made when material y was popular but now that material is less popular.

An option to solve both of these issues is to make the chambers modular. Then users can chose to have one of each or double up on herb or concentrate. And since the chambers are modular you can release new chambers overtime to stay relevant with the latest new trends and quite frankly so you can continue to make money off your current user base which benefits us since it encourages you to continue to innovate on the current model versus releasing a bunch of nearly identical models with only minor changes.

In regard to the modularity I see two obvious paths:
1. Quick and easy to swap. Users may buy a bunch of these to preload and just swap as needed while out and about. See the Elo thread for an example of their chip type chamber.
2. Configure and forget. Installing the chambers is a one time task that is separate from filling the chamber which would need to be fast and easy. Typical users would just specify the configuration when ordering and never need to remove a chamber but people that like to mod things could get creative.

This is a very interesting proposition, and we certainly see your point, garymon. The primary reason we have not gone down this road entirely is simply due to optimization. We are trying super hard to have the absolute best original chamber / heater design for concentrate, and the same goes for the flower chamber / heater. In trying to optimize the device for both of these materials, to the best of our ability, it has taken significant time and energy. We worry, (with time to market and other factors as well) that if we try to cater to every single type of user out there, we will dilute the quality of the product. We did a lot of user surveying and talking to patients around the country, who we are building this product for primarily, and we found out that the two primary forms of medicine they were using were flowers and concentrates. Being able to use both, independently or simultaneously in a portable device, gives freedom of choice to these patients but also gives the ability to overcome the high tolerance levels that come with medicating on a daily basis.

For instance, to give you some nuts and bolts on why we are on this path; just in the way the product is currently architected, if we were to put a flower chamber on the top of the device, near the mouthpiece (where the concentrate chamber is currently located), then you would be getting very very hot flower vapor entering the mouthpiece directly, and then straight into your lungs. It wouldn't be pleasant, although it may satisfy the need you mentioned to do a flower / flower session. Our major concern is quality control, and trying to make something for everyone can mean making something for noone, if the quality isn't there. We don't want to fall into the same trap of many other products out there, we just want to make an incredibly high quality device, that vaporizes concentrates and flowers as well as humanly possible, to take care of our primary user.. the cannabis patient.

I hope i'm not coming off the wrong way, but this is something we have certainly considered many times over, and want to be frank with you guys in why we have made the decisions that we have. I absolutely love the feedback and questioning of these decisions, as it keeps us on our toes and reminds us why we are doing what we are doing. That being said, we are still exploring the idea of modularity in chambers. :)

Thanks so much,
Haiden G

garymon

I hope i'm not coming off the wrong way

Not in the least. It's easy to suggest features when we are not the ones developing the solutions. I am a software developer so I know what it can be like when everyone has an opinion. You need to scope the features to what your team can reasonably accomplish in the time you have while meeting your quality bar.

I look forward to seeing you post updates as you make progress. To be honest I have aspirations of designing a vaporizer someday. Watching you and others go through the early phases can be a great education.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
You need to scope the features to what your team can reasonably accomplish in the time you have while meeting your quality bar.
You hit the nail on the head. It's a tightrope and you've got to try and keep a balance.

I look forward to seeing you post updates as you make progress. To be honest I have aspirations of designing a vaporizer someday. Watching you and others go through the early phases can be a great education.
Well, as we grow, having aspiring individuals like yourself join the team in the future isn't a far out possibility. :) We really appreciate the kind comments and are truly flattered to be an inspiration!!

Thanks again,
Haiden G

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hello everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! I wanted to share a couple brief updates and thoughts with everyone while we all digest our turkey.

First update:
We've got a new face! While our username isn't changed to reflect the change just yet, we have undergone a company and branding transformation. I won't go into a ton of detail here but the new company name has become VUE, which represents Vaporization User Experience. VUE was our previous product name, but we felt transferring that greater meaning to represent our brand as a whole made more sense for future products. In light of this, we changed our introductory product name to Duo. It perfectly reflects what the product represents and explains it with beautiful simplicity. You can read more about it here.

Second update:
We have been considering adding connectivity to Duo, to reduce the amount of physical settings we have to augment on the device itself. For instance, we could offset temperature control, haptic feedback settings, LED color assignments and other settings to a mobile app, so that we don't burden the product itself with too many features. On top of that, we could show settings and feedback from the vaporizer on the app, so you could monitor exactly how the device is operating and get a more detailed view of how both chambers are running in real time.

In the future, after launching Duo, we could also enhance the app to include dose tracking features and strain logging, so as a patient or user you can start to track which materials (concentrates or flowers) have the most efficacy for your specific relief, and also track which strains relieved which ailments, to give you a sense of what works for you over time. The goal would be to reduce tolerance and ensure you aren't using the same strain too often if it builds up your tolerance, or do the opposite if you have a specific strain you are trying out for your ailment and want to see if it's truly meeting your relief needs over a period of time. Basically, every time you take a dose, Duo would log the temperature of each chamber, duration of heating ramp up and overall time of dose. It would then sync, jawbone style, to the Duo app and you could chart out your doses over a period of time and rate each dose based on the amount of relief you received, as well as log the strain data.

I wanted to reach out and get a sense of whether or not this is something you all could see yourselves using. While we are targeting the medical user first and foremost, I know many of you are also recreational users. The critical question is, would you guys find this sort of feature valuable? Would you rather have a super simple device, with the more complex features being offset to an app? Or would you rather those more complex features be built into the device itself? Any thoughts or feedback are extremely welcome!

Happy Holidays everybody and thank you for tuning in!!

Best,
Haiden G

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I for one would not care about all those monitoring apps... The need of having a smartphone/tab with you to get everything going would scare me off completely.
Don't know about the real helpfulness of the whole datA stuff as I'm not a medical user... Just my :2c:

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
I for one would not care about all those monitoring apps... The need of having a smartphone/tab with you to get everything going would scare me off completely.
Don't know about the real helpfulness of the whole datA stuff as I'm not a medical user... Just my :2c:

Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Thanks a ton for the feedback!
I just filled out one of the surveys posted on page 1

This is extremely exciting for myself and possibly the entire Hash + Flower community.

I exclusively Vape Flowers and Bubble simultaneously for its superior vapor and sedative properties.

I hope you flourish, I'm very excited.

:peace:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Hello everyone!
Hello Haiden G!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! I wanted to share a couple brief updates and thoughts with everyone while we all digest our turkey.

First update:
We've got a new face! While our username isn't changed to reflect the change just yet, we have undergone a company and branding transformation. I won't go into a ton of detail here but the new company name has become VUE, which represents Vaporization User Experience. VUE was our previous product name, but we felt transferring that greater meaning to represent our brand as a whole made more sense for future products. In light of this, we changed our introductory product name to Duo. It perfectly reflects what the product represents and explains it with beautiful simplicity. You can read more about it here.
Congratulations on giving your brand more depth and meaning.

Second update:
We have been considering adding connectivity to Duo, to reduce the amount of physical settings we have to augment on the device itself. For instance, we could offset temperature control, haptic feedback settings, LED color assignments and other settings to a mobile app, so that we don't burden the product itself with too many features. On top of that, we could show settings and feedback from the vaporizer on the app, so you could monitor exactly how the device is operating and get a more detailed view of how both chambers are running in real time.
I really like this paragraph ^^^

However, while I would appreciate some of these features as a Medical Patient, I believe many would opt out of this "tracking", especially if it impacts the final cost of the product, as it would seem to be quite costly for such detailed data.

I know I for one can't stand how I'm"Tracked" by my phone, adding another means of tracking data would have to encompass a privacy policy, which could add yet more costs?

In the future, after launching Duo, we could also enhance the app to include dose tracking features and strain logging, so as a patient or user you can start to track which materials (concentrates or flowers) have the most efficacy for your specific relief, and also track which strains relieved which ailments, to give you a sense of what works for you over time. The goal would be to reduce tolerance and ensure you aren't using the same strain too often if it builds up your tolerance, or do the opposite if you have a specific strain you are trying out for your ailment and want to see if it's truly meeting your relief needs over a period of time. Basically, every time you take a dose, Duo would log the temperature of each chamber, duration of heating ramp up and overall time of dose. It would then sync, jawbone style, to the Duo app and you could chart out your doses over a period of time and rate each dose based on the amount of relief you received, as well as log the strain data.

I wanted to reach out and get a sense of whether or not this is something you all could see yourselves using. While we are targeting the medical user first and foremost, I know many of you are also recreational users. The critical question is, would you guys find this sort of feature valuable? Would you rather have a super simple device, with the more complex features being offset to an app? Or would you rather those more complex features be built into the device itself? Any thoughts or feedback are extremely welcome!

Happy Holidays everybody and thank you for tuning in!!

Best,
Haiden G
Again, the ingenuity here is pretty exciting, I love Vaporizing Hash and Flowers .

Creating a means of Vaporizing both at the ideal temperatures is awesome.
I've ALWAYS thought about this when I switched from combustion...

"Man, I wish I didn't have to turn up my temps so high to effectively Vaporize the Hash while still retaining the epic flavor of Flower at lower temperatures."

This could be a Home Run!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
I just filled out one of the surveys posted on page 1

This is extremely exciting for myself and possibly the entire Hash + Flower community.

I exclusively Vape Flowers and Bubble simultaneously for its superior vapor and sedative properties.

I hope you flourish, I'm very excited.

:peace:

Thank you for filling out the survey! We love getting the feedback, especially from our target users like yourself. Do you mind me asking how you currently use both flowers and bubble simultaneously?

Hello Haiden G!

Congratulations on giving your brand more depth and meaning.

I really like this paragraph ^^^

However, while I would appreciate some of these features as a Medical Patient, I believe many would opt out of this "tracking", especially if it impacts the final cost of the product, as it would seem to be quite costly for such detailed data.

I know I for one can't stand how I'm"Tracked" by my phone, adding another means of tracking data would have to encompass a privacy policy, which could add yet more costs?

Thank you! Yeah, it seems like the tracking feature is not advantageous to purse, for many reasons, especially for our first product. The costs, I can assure you, are significant to add the functionality. We are definitely leaning towards just developing a really solid piece of hardware, and focusing our entire energy on that, instead of the BT functionality, app design, testing, certifications, etc. that go along with that extra functionality.

Again, the ingenuity here is pretty exciting, I love Vaporizing Hash and Flowers .

Creating a means of Vaporizing both at the ideal temperatures is awesome.
I've ALWAYS thought about this when I switched from combustion...

"Man, I wish I didn't have to turn up my temps so high to effectively Vaporize the Hash while still retaining the epic flavor of Flower at lower temperatures."

This could be a Home Run!

This is so so gratifying! Really glad we will be fulfilling a serious need of yours! Looking forward to getting it in your hands. :)

I also look forward to getting you involved more intimately as we move forward. It sounds like you would be a great addition to the beta tester team!

Thanks again,
Haiden G

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hello Loyal followers!!

I neglected to post an additional Asatera write up, that they published not too long ago.

You can check out the new article here: http://bit.ly/1nulaXB

We are pushing hard through the slog of fundraising, and testing with new beta testers every week. The response has been consistently enthusiastic. Patients are loving the effects that infusing flowers and concentrates provides. I hope to post some of their quotes here soon!

We will update you all as soon as we land the funds we need to take this product to production. Thanks again to you all for keeping an eye on our development!

Best,
Haiden G

Top Bottom