• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Duo - Infusion Vaporizer by VUE - Formerly Metaväp

Chief Infusion Officer

Haiden G - CEO & Co-Founder of Vue
Manufacturer
Can you elaborate on "design as the main priority"? I see design as the combination of form and function: function w/out form is just plain ugly and form w/out function is a paperweight.

I think most prototypes are created with "design as the main priority". However, oftentimes when it comes to actually manufacturing that product, some of that design (be it form or function), is cut out to save on costs. That's the difference between a concept car and the production model you can find at a dealership.

@Bouldorado I basically mean designing with a level of quality in mind that we will not be sacrificed. It will be what sells it and gives it the integrity it needs to rise to the top, in conjunction with the dual-use. I can't deny the fact that there will be sacrifices for the sake of cost reduction and where we get parts manufactured (hopefully in the USA) will have an effect on this. We need to check and balance these things and weigh out the most high quality device we can with the best balance of cost we can allow. I'm all about the minimum viable product, but pushing it as far as it can go.

Chief Infusion Officer,
Reactions: Egzoset

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What is the $3k supposed to cover? Is this a project that gets to a prototype only or goes further?

There is a dual oven conduction vape that just released or is about to release.

stickstones,

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
What is the $3k supposed to cover? Is this a project that gets to a prototype only or goes further?

There is a dual oven conduction vape that just released or is about to release.

The $3K is just supposed to cover the prototype development and research to push the idea as far as possible. Ideally, it will cover some of the initial production sample costs as well. We are being very economical, and may have the chance to pitch for more money through the same accelerate program soon. With our college having great production facilities and resources, we are able to utilize many of them and save a lot of cash by doing so.

I have seen the two dual chamber devices.. They both seem to have the same type of oven, directly next to each other. Ours will be different in that the chambers will be isolated from each other, on different sides of the device, for various reasons. One dedicated to concentrates and the other dedicated to flowers. You will be able to boost the flower usage with concentrate use simultaneously, or use each independently. We are watching what other groups are doing and being mindful of current innovations, being sure that we are addressing the right issues in the right way.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hi all! I just wanted to provide an update and give you all a chance to have a real input into our design.

We have just launched on our website, www.metavaporize.com, a survey that was built to learn as much about the negative parts of current portable vaporizers as possible.

We feel to get the best data for our design decision making, we should go to the source. You are all greatly experienced when it comes to vaping and I think you could all play a big part in the development of our device.

So please, I urge you to take part and tell your vaping friends to as well! It could mean a much better product for us all. Thank you!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

Due to some recent developments, I thought it would be good to provide an update to those who wanted to stay in the loop on our progress.

We have filed our provisional patent and are in the development of a series of functional prototypes for beta-testing and production of an Indiegogo campaign. We are partnering with a NY based engineering firm and should have 3 functional prototypes for beta testing within 3 months.

The primary reason I wanted to provide this update was to start to compile a comprehensive list of qualified beta testers for our prototypes. We are looking for medical cannabis patients who use both flower and concentrate, ideally in New York and Rhode Island but nearby states will be considered on a case by case basis.

Please feel free to email us at beta@metavap.com if you are interested, or info@metavap.com if you would like to learn more!

Thanks,
Haiden

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

We are proud to be a part of our engineering partner's new startup program, Kickbox! Over the next few months, we will be developing our VUE prototypes and Indiegogo campaign with Intelligent Product Solutions expertise and product development experience in our back pocket. This partnership also facilitates a direct relationship with Indiegogo, who we will be working with to ensure our campaign is as strong as it can be before we launch.

I.P.S. is a Long Island, NY based engineering firm with years of experience developing complex electronic hardware. We believe they are a perfect fit and will be a great partner to develop our first prototypes with.

Around the beginning of March, we will be selecting our first group of beta testers to test and give feedback on our first prototypes. If you are local to Rhode Island or New York, please reach out to see if you qualify! We will be vetting potential testers from now until April 1st.

Please email any inquiries to beta@metavap.com

Thank you all for the support and we look forward to making this a great 2015.

- Metaväp Team

P.S. We want to keep you all included in this development! We are excited to show you development photos and imagery as we progress, but hope you understand the delicate nature of our intellectual property. As soon as things are cleared, we will be happy to share progress with you all. Developing the first flower / concentrate infusion device takes time and lots of effort, so thank you all for being so patient!

mixchu69

What do you mean first flower/concentrate INFUSION device? It seems like haze is a success.

mixchu69,

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
What do you mean first flower/concentrate INFUSION device? It seems like haze is a success.

Without getting into too much detail, we are developing a separate chamber approach, which Haze has done. Although, we are tailoring each chamber to work specifically with concentrate and flower independently. Each chamber will be optimized for each material. (i.e. one chamber for concentrate, one for flower) We will not be attempting to make both chambers work for both materials.

When I say infusion, I mean we are engineering the device to deliver two isolated vapor streams to the user, from the respective isolated concentrate chamber and flower chamber, simultaneously. This has not been accomplished or been proven in the market yet.

Unfortunately, that's all I can say for now. Please keep following to see how you can be a part of VUE's forward progress! :)

Last edited:

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone!

I provided an update on reddit so thought it was only fitting to update our followers on FC as well.

In the next few weeks, our first two working v1 prototypes will be finished and we will be looking to organize some local beta testers to meet with, one on one, to evaluate our product. Ensuring we are satisfying our stakeholders' needs is our first and most critical priority.

If you are local to New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts or Maine, please reach out to us at beta@metavap.com. This is a first come, first serve situation, but we will be vetting each inquiry as they come in. So by all means, please reach out if you are interested. From there, I can give you a better understanding of the beta test and the details of how / when / why, etc. Right now, we are planning to stay in beta stage until the end of August.

Thank you all again for your time and support. You can follow Metaväp's progress by joining our mailing list at www.metavap.com, or visit our facebook / twitter pages.

Happy Vaping! :)

Wzfbaby7

I'm not sure what this vaporizer will look like but please make it portable and sleek, feature an adjustable auto-shutoff timer, mostly convection, and please have a battery level indicator so the med patients don't have to guess when the battery is almost spent. Thats just all personal and I'm always looking forward to new vapes. I wish you guys all the best.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
I'm not sure what this vaporizer will look like but please make it portable and sleek, feature an adjustable auto-shutoff timer, mostly convection, and please have a battery level indicator so the med patients don't have to guess when the battery is almost spent. Thats just all personal and I'm always looking forward to new vapes. I wish you guys all the best.
Thank you for your feedback, Wzfbaby7. I will say, it is going to be portable, and the premium design of it is one of our most forefront missions. We want to introduce a new level of quality, that very few companies have introduced.

In terms of battery indicator, we are going to include this in some form as well. Ensuring the patient or user knows when the battery is almost spent is certainly critical to the user experience.

Stay tuned and happy vaping :)

max

Out to lunch
we are engineering the device to deliver two isolated vapor streams to the user, from the respective isolated concentrate chamber and flower chamber, simultaneously. This has not been accomplished or been proven in the market yet.
My question- is there a demand for delivering plant and concentrate vapor at the same time? To me it would be a novelty only-interesting to try, but not something I'd care to do on a regular basis. I would think that the vapor from concentrate would overwhelm the flower vapor. If not, it would still be juggling two types of vapor, so to speak, with one hit, and I'd suspect that you'd be giving up quite a bit of control, since the vaporization process is a bit different with two different types of product. I would hope that hitting both chambers at once is an option, and not a necessity. At any rate, good luck with your project. There's always room in the market for another quality vaporizer.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
We want to introduce a new level of quality, that very few companies have introduced

what exactly does this mean? where do you see defective (or inadequate?) quality in existing products?

can you describe, in general terms so as to protect your IP, what your vaporizer brings to the market that is different/unique - other than the two chambers. i mean, really, its all about just supplying some heat to some herb.

granted, i find a lot of the plastic/silicone designs to be scary, particularly as the plastic degrades with use - which to me indicates plasticizers are outgassing with the high heat. so called "food grade" plastics are not usually meant to operate at 400°F, so "food grade" doesn't really apply to a vaporizer.

battery indicator

about this: i wonder if this is a useful indicator ... the LiFePO4 batteries i use have a pretty sharp knee at the end of their capacity, so the voltage drops like a rock right at the end.

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
My question- is there a demand for delivering plant and concentrate vapor at the same time? To me it would be a novelty only-interesting to try, but not something I'd care to do on a regular basis. I would think that the vapor from concentrate would overwhelm the flower vapor. If not, it would still be juggling two types of vapor, so to speak, with one hit, and I'd suspect that you'd be giving up quite a bit of control, since the vaporization process is a bit different with two different types of product. I would hope that hitting both chambers at once is an option, and not a necessity. At any rate, good luck with your project. There's always room in the market for another quality vaporizer.

Excellent point, Max. You pretty much hit it on the head. The simultaneous use is less of a need and more of a novelty, but there are those patients who may have a much higher tolerance than others. One dose, using both chambers, would certainly overcome that and give them quicker relief. We don't foresee anyone being able to use both simultaneously, all of the time. For one, it just isn't practical. Secondly, as much as we are engineering around this, the device will simply get too hot. Continuous use of both chambers will cause this, and consequently will run the batteries low much quicker if prolonged use of both chambers occurs.

To answer your question, it is an option, not the main function of the device. You have the choice of turning on the flower chamber, the concentrate chamber, or having both active. You will be able to power the concentrate chamber with a toggle switch in flower mode as well, which creates the vapor infusion I described.

We firmly believe that combining flower and concentrate vapor streams will introduce new forms of medicating, that patients or users haven't been able to accomplish with current products. I am a patient myself, so I am speaking from experience. If anyone currently really wanted to get a combined vapor stream, you would have to hold two vaporizers and use them one after the other, or find a way to fit both in your mouth. We believe combining the two types of medicine will give patients or users the freedom to mix and match different strains to find a more sustained, punctual level of relief, than they would be able to obtain with just one material. This could potentially open up new opportunities for the entourage effect to take place in different ways. Obviously, we aren't making health claims, but are excited about the opportunities that the infusion may bring.

VUE is first and foremost about versatility. Giving the patient or user the freedom to choose which materials they want to vaporize, without dealing with switching out of attachments or chambers. That is what is most important to us. The dual use is a by product of that need.

Thanks again, Max.

what exactly does this mean? where do you see defective (or inadequate?) quality in existing products?

can you describe, in general terms so as to protect your IP, what your vaporizer brings to the market that is different/unique - other than the two chambers. i mean, really, its all about just supplying some heat to some herb.

granted, i find a lot of the plastic/silicone designs to be scary, particularly as the plastic degrades with use - which to me indicates plasticizers are outgassing with the high heat. so called "food grade" plastics are not usually meant to operate at 400°F, so "food grade" doesn't really apply to a vaporizer.

about this: i wonder if this is a useful indicator ... the LiFePO4 batteries i use have a pretty sharp knee at the end of their capacity, so the voltage drops like a rock right at the end.

Hippie Dickie,

We will be introducing a heating element on the concentrate side that is entirely ceramic and forgo the wick and coil approach. If you are following Divine Tribe, this can give you a sense of what I mean. We want to have a concentrate chamber that can be easily cleaned and reused, not just thrown away, so this begins to solve that problem. This is one aspect of VUE's uniqueness.

The two chamber aspect is less what our IP is about, but is more focused on how those chambers work together and are managed by the CPU. The way the chambers are positioned, and the materials they are made of also plays a part in our IP. Your point is sound though, we are simply heating herb and concentrate. There aren't many novel ways of accomplishing this anymore, but I can assure you we are building off the backs of who came before us and ensuring we stand out properly amongst the crowd. I apologize for the consistent vagueness that I have provided, but we really look forward to sharing the design and features of VUE more intimately with you guys in the coming months.

I also completely agree about the plastic side of things. We are doing everything we can to sidestep the use of plastic, wherever possible. While there are many high-heat stable plastics available, they still carry a great deal of stigma with them that is hard to shake. I assure you, we are doing everything we can to overcome that.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't believe in high heat stable or the like. Plastics are polymers and the reaction is never 100% complete and perfect. The polymer might be safe but the monomers often are not and they leach out, and let's not mention all the additives and plasticizers which are the real problem (cf phtalates, BPA and many more that got banned recently after having been labelled as food safe for a long time...)

Justpassedu

Thank you! The $3,000 is essentially just gap funding. It will be enough for us to prove the idea but definitely not a production model. We plan to take this to indiegogo.com once we have the prototype fully worked out. We chose the school route because we had nothing to lose and wanted to test the system. It was much more accepted by the school than I anticipated..

This is def. something that interests me so i will be watching. I am surprised though that the school would fund something like this being it say's you are from New York and so am i and we both know this is illegal in our state. Van you possibly elaborate a bit more on this ?

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
This is def. something that interests me so i will be watching. I am surprised though that the school would fund something like this being it say's you are from New York and so am i and we both know this is illegal in our state. Van you possibly elaborate a bit more on this ?

Justpassedu,

The very early $3k seed funding we received was from the college I attended in Boston, MA.

While MA still has a bit of a dicey medical cannabis situation right now, the entire pitch was around the medical user / the cannabis patient. That helped a lot with the initial public acceptance.

Currently, our offices are in Rhode Island and New York, due to our partners and their permanent locations.

Thanks for reaching out!

Chief Infusion Officer

Manufacturer
This thread would REALLY benefit from an image or two, even if they're just mock-ups :tup:

I really really promise there will be images, very soon. We want to be super careful about what we sell our audience (you guys) on from the get-go, since we have seen other companies make some mistakes in that regard. For instance, if we have to change the design a lot moving forward, for one reason or another, we don't want our supporters to feel that we have swindled them.

Also, we have to be very mindful of our design IP. By the end of next week, we will have our first prototype in house and will hopefully be able to share some photos. While it won't be the exact size and proportion to what we are after for production, we will hopefully be able to share renders of the final product goal.

All that said.. here is a little something to hold everyone over. Please, let's try to keep the image inside the forum for now. As I said, changes will happen.

5UeQp6z.jpg

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
A few questions...

What will the temps be for each oven, how are they controlled (preset or dial-in)?
What kind of display will it feature?
Also the post about a year ago mentioned you were trying to make it convection, is this still the case?
What materials will be in the air path?
Will the entire air path be isolated from electronics?
Will the battery be user replaceable, if not what type of charger port will it have?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Edit: looks very sleek, I like

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Looks like a big Pax with two ovens...nice!

The only ways I know of to dab and flower at the same time effectively are with the Sublimator and the eerlectric enail with herb bowl attachment. Both are gonna run you over $550 and are desktops. No portables I know of, so this is exciting!

Top Bottom