Dubstep

flowmotion

Not sure if there are any fans here, but if there are

So, any dubstep fans?

flowmotion,

caseball2051

my roommates have gotten into this. i cant listen to this as im in class, but is this house music?

in a city near me, all the clubs have converted to house music and bass music where all the kids go and do ecstasy. its really strange to me. it seemed to hit all of a sudden out of the blue.

caseball2051,

flowmotion

nah, house music is quite different. dubstep = womp womp womp. bass. I do post a little bit out house occasionally though. yeah, a lot of people do E at dubstep shows and such. i've never done it so I won't comment, but I'm fine enjoying my dubstep sober :p

flowmotion,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
I don't dislike it, but I can't listen to just dubstep. It's great when a house/progressive DJ throws a couple of dubstep songs into a set to change it up a bit, but I can't do hours of dubstep only. It has its place. :2c:

CombustionJunction,

OC513

Dabaholic
CombustionJunction said:
I don't dislike it, but I can't listen to just dubstep. It's great when a house/progressive DJ throws a couple of dubstep songs into a set to change it up a bit, but I can't do hours of dubstep only. It has its place. :2c:
well said....I am a huge house music fan, but I can only deal with genres like dubstep, jungle, techno and the like in small doses.

OC513,

Frickr

huge fan! seen rusko at global dance and now its damn near all i listen to. whos your favorite artists flow? this music is going to take off like a rocket. gotta love the wobble! :D

Frickr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I like dubstep... but think the songs get really old quickly, It is definitely something I can only listen to in short sessions.... I prefer to listen to old school jungle... alot more change up in the sound.

DevoTheStrange,

2Supra4U

I love house music as well, i like mixing it up as well. cant say im a big dubstep fan..

if you want to see a sea of asians and ecstacy, come to Toronto

The Guvernment , main room ......after 2 or 3am all the zombies come out too . :o

haven't been there in ages, but damn have been to some good sets in that place.

2Supra4U,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
While I've got a ton of electronic music in my cd collection, I only have some older DnB stuff and never really got into Dubstep. It's too hard to listen to for me and can't imagine why anyone rollin' on E would enjoy listening to this stuff... I imagine it would be something like having your head put in a blender on low.
I think a lot of Dubstep's popularity has to do with people trying to get into it because it seems like the "underground" thing at the moment. My honest opinion is that anything drum n' bass related is progressively getting harder to listen to as the years go on. Just my humble opinion though...

JJ420,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I couldn't agree more. DnB based stuff to me has becoming minimalist in nature using harsher and more repetitive sounds. Kind of like its been dumbed down and adapted to more to trance type stylings. Leans towards Industrial as well.

DevoTheStrange,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
I've been a huge DnB fan for years and have been eyeing the rise of Dubstep with some interest. It overtook dnb so quickly as the 'cool' and 'popular' underground genre to listen to here that every crappy club plays Rusko and Benga as often as The Black Eyed Peas.

Really like the future garage style Dubstep that's been out recently, and artists like James Blake and Pangaea have restored some credibility to the scene thankfully.

It will never be as good as DnB IMO though, can't skank out anywhere near as hard!

And yeah agree DnB is becoming more minimalist but that's not it being 'dumbed down' at all, if anything it's much more technical and intelligent. I do a bit of production and trust me the stuff people like Nosia and SpectraSoul put out these days may not be as fun as Aphrodite 90s Jungle but it's a hell of a lot harder to make. You need a big system to be able to fully appreciate a lot of the newer vibes too.

wilf789,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've been listening to a lot of Goa Psytrance lately. GF doesn't like it though. Favourites include Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, Juno Reactor and Planet B.E.N.

Tom

tdavie,

Frickr

my currant playlist consits of :
fucking heater - Trillbass
wobble horror - raffertie
eastern jam - chase and status
gold dust - Flax Pavilion remix
cracks - flax pavilion remix
gargoyle - Dr P
Strung out - Bar 9
saxon - chase and status
sunshine - macabre unit
Dr sin - Chasing Shadows
with a little Dirt deep drilla by Cookie Monsta for some extra flavor!

Frickr,
Top Bottom