Dube V2 Air vs. Dr. Dabber Light

JiggyJack

I am a relatively new medical patient in Massachusetts. My local dispensaries are beginning to offer CO2 oil and I want to get the smallest possible pen that can work with what they sell.
CO2 Syringe from In Good Health in Brockton, MA
Cannabis Oil from Alternative Therapies Group in Salem, MA

From what I can find on the Dube V2 and the Dr. Dabber Light they may not be the best pens on the market but they are the best I've seen in terms of size and form factor.

Is anyone able to compare these two pens and let me know the pros/cons from your experience?

It is not clear from reading about them if they can take oil or need something more like wax or shatter. Also, on a site selling one of these it said something like you can load just one session at a time. Can these pens be loaded more fully and used over many days? Lastly, how do these compare to prefilled catridges like the O.Pen vape? Is the vapor as harsh? I have a couple of those pens from a couple of different places and both provide very harsh draws. My hope is that is because of the PG/PEG they are cut with and if I use pure CO2 oil I should get a cleaner, less harsh draw. Am I right about that, will that make a difference?

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

I don't really care about other pens unless they are as small or smaller than these two. My intent is to just have this extra pen sitting around for when I need a quick dose of medicine and don't feel like dealing with flower. The O.Pen vapes are great for that but like I said kind of harsh for me.

FYI - I've searched for both these pens in the forum but I can't find anything on Dube v2 and Dr. Dabber Light seems to be only discussed a little on the Dr. Dabber Pen thread.

Thanks FC.

JiggyJack,

Farid

Hey, let me know how the oil from ATG is, it's like 20 minutes from where I live.

I've spent a lot of time trying to rebuild the pens I've had. W9 offers a rebuild kit, but I found it expensive and very difficult to use. In my opinion the best options for oil pens is to use rebuildable E cigarette parts and ceramic wick. It's really much less complicated than having to rebuild a pen, and I find that pens tend to need to have their coils replaced frequently.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Imo, the Dr. Dabber products do best with wax and shatter.

If you are using CO2 oil, you may need something with a clearomizer. It appears (from the pic I saw) that the Dube2 comes with one.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: JiggyJack

zor

Hey fellow MA vapers!

@JiggyJack, I sometimes use an Omicron with a kisscoil, it works quite well for dab sized concentrates but it is, as you write, a session vape. There are some essential oil carts that let you load 0.5-1.0g in at a time but I didn't find that particularly flavorful.

The CO2 oil I've used are from Emerald Avenue caregivers, the Alpine refills, and they taste just fine in an O.Pen cart. I'm not expecting flav-o-rama jizz explosions in my mouth, I'm left with a satisfactory taste and excellent sensation/effects.

These two things I've written about above are very, very different so I'm not sure it's fair to compare unless you break it down by price of consumables for each style vs the price of the equipment needed. For CO2 oils and any shatter/crumble/whatever you want to dissolve into a base like Connoiseur Concentrates, PuffMajic, etc you need to use a tank that ecig vapers use or an o.pen like cart. If you want to use shatter straight up then check out the KISS carts and similar coils by other designers. I like both but find completely different use cases for each. You say you want a small profile, is that for stealth? Will you need to account for smell/odor as well?

JiggyJack

Hey, let me know how the oil from ATG is, it's like 20 minutes from where I live.

If I get some, I'll let you know but it sounds like people are generally pleased with the quality.

You say you want a small profile, is that for stealth? Will you need to account for smell/odor as well?

Probably mostly for looks. I like the way these two look and don't like some of the larger form factors as much. The stealth comes in from the quickness with which I can grab it, hit it and put it away so size is really not too much of an issue there. It is mostly for home use but I guess size will make a difference if I do take it out. I would rather eliminate the smell like one of my vape pens but seems you lose flavor as well so I'd probably take smell with flavor over giving up both.

EDIT: What I really want is for Juju Joints to come to MA and for them to work better than some of the reviews I've read. Super small with plenty of hits before you have to discard.

JiggyJack,

Amargi

Doin' shit, keepin' fit, and too legit to quit.
I have the Dr. Dabber Light, and the Cloud V Mini.. Both have been solid pens for me, but I use them for different purposes.

The Dr. Dabber Light is a slick and discrete little unit that will only last one session if you are conscious of preserving atomizer life; you can load it for more than one session, but it can lead to a rank/burnt wick and coil if you don't clean it diligently. I use about a grain of rice worth of material, and it works very well. If you want a longer session life, definitely check out the Ghost from Dr. Dabber.

Despite some of the hate posted on FC regarding the Cloud V, I have had good experiences with my Mini. The wick and coil are at the bottom of a (relatively) large ceramic chamber, so your material doesn't pool below the wick.

Both units seem to have great battery life, and perform well when used to their strengths. The Dr. Dabber Lite is stealthy, sexy, and efficient, while the Cloud V Mini is a classy little unit that you can load up for several sessions or to use with friends.

I will note that the customer service folks @Dr.Dabber are great, and have been a pleasure to deal with.

Top Bottom