Dual Coil Atomizers

Jman2424

Im looking into buying a vaporizer and am looking at the dual coil atomizers that look like the nimbus atomizer. My question is, wouldn't the entire stainless steel atomizer conduct electricity as it passes from the positive pole to the two negative poles? I see there is insulation around the positive pole at the base but what about the negative poles?

Jman2424,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Couldn't tell you, but you're probably on the wrong forum if you're looking for help with E-Cigs (unless you're trying to vape concentrates.....).

If you're looking for advice on e-cig vapes, you might have better luck over here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Delta3DStudios,

Jman2424

I was actually planning on vaping only concentrates, but the more research into RDAs I'm finding that RDAs are not the best atomizers to use for concentrate. So what is the best Atomizer for concentrate? is there possibly a atomizer that does not require direct contact with the coil, in turn heating up the chamber the wax is in and vaporizing it?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ah, gotcha

Wish I could help, but wife made me promise to avoid concentrates and stick to raw flowers. I know there's a few options on the market, but I don't know anything about them.

Delta3DStudios,

215z

Welcome @Jman2424

Before diving into e-cig hardware, I suggest you check out the Hercules SR-74 by w9tech. It is an atomizer that is built from the get-go for vaping concentrate. It is affordable, and lasts forever. On the downside, it has a large wick and is not forgiving of user error. There is a certain routine with heating it up and hitting it, and if you abort your hit part way you will have issues with melted oil. All wicks on all devices work best when Goldilocks (not too wet, not too dry). You can not use this device to vape "every last bit of your concentrate", you will always need a buffer in the wick to keep it wet enough to hit well.

Traditional e-cig atomizers have insulated positive posts. The negative posts are directly in contact with the deck. So yes, there is a serious risk of electrical shorts anywhere that the coil comes in contact with the deck. We build our coils so they do not touch the deck at all, except for the leg that is bound to the negative post. You can see the insulation for the positive post if you look from the top, as well as from the bottom (the 510 male connector). Most mid-range atomizers use Delrin insulators, but you can look out for better devices that use PEEK instead.

215z,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What atomizer do you like best for flower?
Sadly there isn't anything that works 'best' for flowers. There are plenty of E-cig options for concentrates/wax, but none that work good enough to be worth my time/money.

I have several flower vaporizers of different shapes/sizes, I love them all for various reasons, but none are extremely stealthy. Though I think my next vape purchase will be the Grasshopper vape.

Delta3DStudios,
Top Bottom