Drysift over bho or other solvents

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
Im thinking of switching to vapeing Drysift instead of bho. I think it wiser with less health risk. Opinions welcomed suggestions also welcomed.

CHEI,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I like to make qwiso out of most of my dry sift as it suits my personal needs better (revolution) but yeah, It's nice stop inhaling butane contaminants....whether i was imagining them or not lol.

SF Giant,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I love dry sift... ! It the best tasting shit ever IMO..
Have you heard of the dry ice method ? You put your material with dry ice in a bubble bag or some box with a screen and start shaking..
Dry ice is very cheap around here .. 100 KG for 5 $ as far as i remember. :) .
This an awesome advanced method of ultra cold dry siefting :).

SFGiant.. There are shits in all butane.. If someone has pure butane.. I beg him to shoot video of full evaporation and how there is no residue on the plate after that .. .. Guess i was afraid too long to learn the truth.. till i decided to test all the quality butane brands i could get my hands on in a day..
I tested Colibri,Vector,Ronson,Clipper,Powerhorse.. and some locally found cheapies... all have what i do not want to inhale..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: darkrom

SD_haze

Nowadays I stick to the natural stuff.
Kief, pressed, and ice-water hash.

I like the 100% peace of mind.

If a solvent concentrate is offered, I probably wouldn't refuse, but that's no common occurance :p

SD_haze,
Reactions: darkrom

CHEI

I've been considering looking into buying a tumbler to make kief from my trimmings instead of budder.

CHEI,

stroh

errl enthusiast
why not order a kif box/sifter. im surprised everyone on here doesn't already vape dry sift, as most modern grinders have kief catchers these days. love adding a little dry sift to my runs, increases the yields and always results in a tasty oil albeit darker oil.

stroh,

ctweips

SF Giant said:
I like to make qwiso out of most of my dry sift as it suits my personal needs better (revolution) but yeah, It's nice stop inhaling butane contaminants....whether i was imagining them or not lol.

Can you describe your method of turning dry sift hash/kief into qwiso? Does that include turning bubble hash into qwiso as well?

ctweips,

CHEI

Okay so I thought I'd report back. I think the dispensaries like the BHO better so I'll keep making that. I did some research on the dry ice hash and it seems like it is the easiest and cost effective way of producing kief. I'm thinking about getting a 160micron bubble bag. 1 Gallon. I'll be making the kief for personals to start out then if people like it then I might increase to the 5 gallon. Some people say 220 micron is better. It seems like this should be really easy and I am happy about this.

CHEI,

Bon Dog

Abysmal Vapor said:
I love dry sift... ! It the best tasting shit ever IMO..
SFGiant.. There are shits in all butane.. If someone has pure butane.. I beg him to shoot video of full evaporation and how there is no residue on the plate after that .. .. Guess i was afraid too long to learn the truth.. till i decided to test all the quality butane brands i could get my hands on in a day..
I tested Colibri,Vector,Ronson,Clipper,Powerhorse.. and some locally found cheapies... all have what i do not want to inhale..

i did that b4 i even started making concentrates... made me glad i was kinda late to the game and found out there is some shitty stuff in butane

Bon Dog,

SD_haze

CHEI said:
Okay so I thought I'd report back. I think the dispensaries like the BHO better so I'll keep making that. I did some research on the dry ice hash and it seems like it is the easiest and cost effective way of producing kief. I'm thinking about getting a 160micron bubble bag. 1 Gallon. I'll be making the kief for personals to start out then if people like it then I might increase to the 5 gallon. Some people say 220 micron is better. It seems like this should be really easy and I am happy about this.

Seeing "Dry Ice Kief" at the dispensary would definitely turn some heads. I've personally never seen it and have seen a LOT of club menus.

SD_haze,

CHEI

Normally places won't tell you its made using dry ice although I'm sure people do make it that way. I saw some cool expensive tumblers that use dry ice that were like $500. This tech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Z9-dARjP8 seems (and kief making in general) has been long forgotton as many discovered BHO. I am about to begin an experiment where I attempt to find residue in the 5x butane I have been using.

CHEI,

CHEI

I bought a 90 micron 1 gallon bag and used a water pitcher to do the method. It came out with green particles but not too much. Overall it tasted very weak comparred to buds I figured it'd be no good. I blasted the plain trim and got some of the blondest budder I've even seen. Then I blasted the kief. About 15g yielded over 4g that was perfect texture of budder. Able to break into pieces and roll into a ball but a bit darker. Then the kiefed trim yielded a more waxy budder with a very OG smell. since it is og kush:) almost orange color

you guys might like to try this method to get different conistencies/shades

CHEI,
Top Bottom