Drop in membership?

Qbit

cannabanana
Did FC just lose some members? How did that happen? In this thread:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/fc-moores-law.5199/

which is a couple of weeks old, I noted that there were 7739 members at the time. Then a couple of days ago I checked and it was around 7850. I wanted to see how fast the site was growing and I worked out it was adding about 9 members a day. But now the membership count has dropped about 50. I've never seen that happen before, and I've kept my eye on that figure for some 18 months, and it has always grown. Weird.

Qbit,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
A total of 48 members were lost in the big move of 2012.

Vtac said before hand that there would be some casualties. It's sad I know, but the need of the many...

RIP guys. You will be missed, but not forgotten.

BS of course :) I don't even know if it is possible to delete your account, tbh.

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Didn't everyone have to sign up again? If so, that's a lot of people in such a short time!

sessnet,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just checked a couple of member names that I know had permanent bans, and they don't show up. At least one other did however. :shrug:

pakalolo,

placetime

...they don't show up. At least one other did however. :shrug:

sounds like it might be that one that did not disappear who has gotten rid of the 47 others. is that person, by any chance, a pirate ninja from outerspace? :haw:

placetime,

Qbit

cannabanana
sounds like it might be that one that did not disappear who has gotten rid of the 47 others. is that person, by any chance, a pirate ninja from outerspace? :haw:

Hey, we need all the pirate ninjas from outer space we can get to fight the Nazi zombies.

Qbit,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Back in the old days, when I was a fire pissing moderator of a rather large sports team forum... we used to clean house occassionally of spammers, permabans and such.

BigDaddyVapor,

djonkoman

you can easily check if it are vampires, check again at night. then make a topic called 'who here wants some blood?' then wait for the replies to come in and post pic of garlic

max

Out to lunch
We could delete thousands of member accounts for people who have never posted or haven't posted in years, and nobody would notice anything, since they're not active members. Membership numbers are meaningless. A forum can have 50,000 registered members and be as quiet as a graveyard. 'Members on-line' is what counts, and in that respect, we're doing better than Marijuana.com (#1 mj forum for traffic) at any given hour of any day. They have a huge # of guests viewing, and that's what the owners care about. Here, we care about member participation, and in that respect we kill mj.com every day.

Top Bottom