Dont offer a trade unless a trade is posted in for sale notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Seriously - I have posted numerous items for sale here - every single time I do im asked if I would be open to trade. I see a MOD note because I offer a trade for an item im interested in - I mean seriously, are you for real? I see no rhyme or reason for that rule and personally its embarrassing that a mod would write that in an offer.

mvapes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
And so, you feel that dealing with it this way is the solution? :shrug:

You know that old saying, "You win more bees with honey than vinegar?" I would think that if you truly think this rule is unfair, you would contact vtac directly instead of making a big stink here. :2c: Just because rule breaking slips by us, doesn't mean that it still isn't rule breaking. The posters asking for trades got lucky.

We have a pm system with our new software. This gives our members the opportunity to stretch certain rules, like the one you mentioned, without breaking them. Any member is welcome to pm the OP of a Classified and ask if they are willing to trade.

And I think one thing that you are missing is the big picture here; the Classifieds section is a free service provided for the members in a privately owned forum. I feel you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. :cool:

momofthegoons,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
To be frank - I have a very different opinion as to what a big stink is. I posted an opinion, not to harm others nor to create an argument with anyone. I also wasn't complaining about people offering me trades in the past - if fact, in most cases I accepted offers and met some great people here by doing so. I created this thread merely as a conversation topic. And lastly - and most important - I wasn't trying to win anything. Please feel free to erase the thread, I didn't need an argument or a lecture - I was being honest. I apologize if I offended anyone.

mvapes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The rules are crystal clear on how to handle this sort of thing:

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

In other words, if you don't agree with a rule, it is not okay to start a public thread about it. I'm surprised momofthegoons didn't delete the thread. I would have.

pakalolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Good point paka. I was a little busy elsewhere tonight..... but I've got time now. ;)

momofthegoons,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom