Dog Thread......

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Yeah, damn straight. I saw that on my local news (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada of all places). I've always had a soft spot in my heart for those dogs. I tell ya, don't mess with the small dogs, they can be a holy terror.

I've had to break up 2 dog fights in the last 3 years, and it's always been the smaller dog that has caused the most damage (uh, to me). I find the larger dogs easier to handle actually.

Tom

tdavie,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I love that little dog, Paco is his name I think. He's great and the robbers are real wussies! :lol:

Vicki,
IME, Chihuahuas are dreadful, needy, hateful, fearful, monsterous little creatures that people feed and tend for seemingly no reason. They have "little-man" syndrome, just like some humans do. In this case it was definitely funny though.

I had a cousin who hated his wife's, and I never got why until I stayed for a week. I thought that it was just a little innocent animal, it'll warm up. Hell no. It's a little demon that just snarls and bites and barks at you whenever you're within a few feet, regardless of how kindly you treat it. It's both an asshole and a complete coward. I would never wantonly hurt an animal, but I hate that little shit, and there were times when I wanted to punt it down the hallway. If I were to get a toy-size breed, I'd get a miniature Dachshund. I never met one of those who didn't make my heart melt.

And is that guy using a M1 carbine? Nuts

charliedontsurf,

Smokey

Cloud Master
xD nice video! I personally don't like chihuahua so much, I have a Maltese though and I can attest it's lovely. Always in search for love and a person that hugs him. I never heard him bark in angry mode, never seen him angry apart from when we play, but that's just for fun :p
Smaller dogs are in general seen as "bitches dogs", you know, the kind of dog you would take on a yacht to show off your rich friends.... :lol: but I find my maltese to be intelligent as fuck, you can really tell if he wants to say you something by looking in his eyes, and he's fast and strong too! I personally always hated very small dogs, but since I got my fluffy pal, everything has changed, I think me and my lady could not live without him anymore now. (p.s. He loves vapor, always smelling it while on the couch, then he fall asleep for a while xD)

Smokey,

Nycdeisel

So I live in an apartment building, and my new neighbor has two chihuahuas :uhoh:

Nycdeisel,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I wish people would learn to correct thier small dogs...it's not cute. It's more like allowing a tiny serial killer to rampage. And, I have to listen to it every time my wife takes her Maltese out to potty.

I enjoy a better relationship with the dog, and it doesn't yap around me. Dogs are such a drag until they know their place in the pack.

VWFringe,

eddyfrancis

VWFringe said:
I wish people would learn to correct thier small dogs...it's not cute. It's more like allowing a tiny serial killer to rampage. And, I have to listen to it every time my wife takes her Maltese out to potty.

I enjoy a better relationship with the dog, and it doesn't yap around me. Dogs are such a drag until they know their place in the pack.

No kidding. My neighbors have like 3 Chihuahuas and they love to run across the street and yipe at our German Sheppards, seemingly trying to start a fight. Luckily our dogs are pretty well behaved and don't condone to the nonsense. They just stand there wondering whats wrong with those little fellows.

eddyfrancis,

lwien

VWFringe said:

Yup. I think it's more of a training problem in that most people that have small dogs don't train them as if they had large dogs just because they feel that they are small enough to handle. They still have the same pack instincts, no matter how small they are.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's no doubt that it's the owners and not the dogs. It's called Small Dog Syndrome. The problem is that small dogs can be so cute. So people tend to baby them. They think it's cute when a small dog jumps up on them for attention. Now if it was a 100 lb. Rottweiler, they might feel differently. Often, small dogs are not reprimanded for behaviors found undesirable in larger dogs.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Our next door neighbor has a Chi Mix dog. I love animals, I really do, but this little brat just doesn't know when to quit, or she didn't....:lol:

One day, she decided to run into our yard while our big 70 pound Black Lab was there. That was a mistake. Draco LOVES to chase little things, cats, squirrels, etc. Draco turned around and chased her back to her own yard, then chased her around her own yard for a while. :lol:

The little dog ran from Draco so fast, trying to find a hiding place, to no avail. Finally she just crouched down in the yard, Draco hovering over her! Of course, the next door neighbor was mortified, thinking my dog was going to eat her dog. That wouldn't happen. Draco likes to chase, but once he catches, he just plays. :)

Hubby had to run over and get Draco, and by this time the little dog was shaking, and the neighbor was in tears. I had to hold back my laughter until I got inside the house, but profusely apologized to her. She did admit her dog came into our yard, and started it, though.

Ever since then, that dog refuses to come into our yard! I love it! :lol:

BTW, we never punished Draco. He didn't do anything wrong but protect his property. :)

Vicki,

lwien

Good for Draco. I love labs. I had a Lab/Goldie mix. Her name was Saba. What a great dog. But yeah, labs love to play. Last thing on their minds is to do any harm.

LOL. I have no doubt that in that little Chi's mind, Draco is now the Alpha in his world.

lwien,

lwien

I know you're gonna love this story, Vicki, but it's about cats in a dog thread, but what the hell. An Alpha cat story.

Anyway, so I lived in this house and there was a feral cat living under it. Never gave it much mind. I saw it on very rare occasions. I had another pet cat (Deacon) who moved in with us there when he was about 12 years old. He died of cancer about 3 years later, but before he died, we wanted to get another cat, so we did. A cute black and white female kitten. Didn't make the last remaining days of the older cat very comfortable, which was kind of a drag.

Anyway, fast forward about 2 years. This female kitten, spayed and now 2yrs old, started, what I thought, to be behaving kind of strange. She would always wake me up in the morning to let her go outside, but what would now happen is that she would wake me up, I'd get up, go to the backdoor to let her out, but she didn't go out. She'd just sit inside and look up at me. After about a week of this, I started to get pissed. I'd get up to let her out and she wouldn't go out. She'd just sit there and look at me. I'd shut the door, go back to sleep and she'd just wake me up again to do the same damn thing again. I'd open the door and she'd just there. So after about a week of this shit, she woke me up, and this time, I opened the door and just left it open and went back to bed. I didn't want her fucking waking me up again.

As I was laying in bed that morning, looking thru the bathroom at a direct line of sight between the door that I left open and the cat food about 20 feet from the door, I noticed the feral cat coming in thru the door and very slowly walk toward the cat food. I got up and the feral freaked and split. The next morning I did the same thing. My cat woke me up, I opened the back door but I waited silently in the kitchen to watch. What happened next amazed me. The feral, very cautiously and slowly walks into the house looks around and begins to eat my cats food, while my cat sits about 6 feet away from her food and just watches. So, what she was doing when waking me up was not wanting me to let her outside, but in fact, wanted me to let the feral in for a meal.

Now there's this domestic cat that lives next door that will sometimes try to get into our yard and sometimes into the house to steal some food, buy my cat would never let her in. Came close to a few fights with lots of hissing and vocalizing but this feral was a whole other story. Every morning, she would wake me up and follow me as I went to open the back door, and she would just sit there in the house waiting for her buddy to come in and have a meal. She would just sit and watch that feral eat her food till he was finished and it was only after he left that she would go outside as well so I could finally shut the damn door.

Don't know why this Alpha dog talk made me remember that (probably 'cause this is an Alpha cat story), but there it is. Pretty neat, huh?

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
I know you're gonna love this story, Vicki, but it's about cats in a dog thread, but what the hell. An Alpha cat story.

Anyway, so I lived in this house and there was a feral cat living under it. Never gave it much mind. I saw it on very rare occasions. I had another pet cat (Deacon) who moved in with us there when he was about 12 years old. He died of cancer about 3 years later, but before he died, we wanted to get another cat, so we did. A cute black and white female kitten. Didn't make the last remaining days of the older cat very comfortable, which was kind of a drag.

Anyway, fast forward about 2 years. This female kitten, spayed and now 2yrs old, started, what I thought, to be behaving kind of strange. She would always wake me up in the morning to let her go outside, but what would now happen is that she would wake me up, I'd get up, go to the backdoor to let her out, but she didn't go out. She'd just sit inside and look up at me. After about a week of this, I started to get pissed. I'd get up to let her out and she wouldn't go out. She'd just sit there and look at me. I'd shut the door, go back to sleep and she'd just wake me up again to do the same damn thing again. I'd open the door and she'd just there. So after about a week of this shit, she woke me up, and this time, I opened the door and just left it open and went back to bed. I didn't want her fucking waking me up again.

As I was laying in bed that morning, looking thru the bathroom at a direct line of sight between the door that I left open and the cat food about 20 feet from the door, I noticed the feral cat coming in thru the door and very slowly walk toward the cat food. I got up and the feral freaked and split. The next morning I did the same thing. My cat woke me up, I opened the back door but I waited silently in the kitchen to watch. What happened next amazed me. The feral, very cautiously and slowly walks into the house looks around and begins to eat my cats food, while my cat sits about 6 feet away from her food and just watches. So, what she was doing when waking me up was not wanting me to let her outside, but in fact, wanted me to let the feral in for a meal.

Now there's this domestic cat that lives next door that will sometimes try to get into our yard and sometimes into the house to steal some food, buy my cat would never let her in. Came close to a few fights with lots of hissing and vocalizing but this feral was a whole other story. Every morning, she would wake me up and follow me as I went to open the back door, and she would just sit there in the house waiting for her buddy to come in and have a meal. She would just sit and watch that feral eat her food till he was finished and it was only after he left that she would go outside as well so I could finally shut the damn door.

Don't know why this Alpha dog talk made me remember that (probably 'cause this is an Alpha cat story), but there it is. Pretty neat, huh?

Wow! That's crazy!! I've never known a cat to do that in my life!! It is cool that your cat shares. Most would never do that with a stranger. :)

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
Wow! That's crazy!! I've never known a cat to do that in my life!! It is cool that your cat shares. Most would never do that with a stranger. :)

It was more than just sharing. She went out of her way to make sure that I left the back door open so that this feral could come in and have a meal. She purposely woke me up to open the door. Her reason for waking me up was not to be let out like she used to do, but was, in fact, to let this other cat in. She would not leave the house until this other cat made an appearance. When I opened that back door, that feral cat was nowhere to be seen and she'd just sit inside, waiting for it to show and only after it came into eat, would she then go outside. So odd..........especially being that there is no way in hell that she would let any other cat in the backyard, let alone into the house to eat her food.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:

It was more than just sharing. She went out of her way to make sure that I left the back door open so that this feral could come in and have a meal. She purposely woke me up to open the door. Her reason for waking me up was not to be let out like she used to do, but was, in fact, to let this other cat in. She would not leave the house until this other cat made an appearance. When I opened that back door, that feral cat was nowhere to be seen and she'd just sit inside, waiting for it to show and only after it came into eat, would she then go outside. So odd..........especially being that there is no way in hell that she would let any other cat in the backyard, let alone into the house to eat her food.

It is very odd. Our cats would never do it.

Vicki,

stroh

errl enthusiast
lwien said:
Vicki said:

that is quite the tale of how benevolent and passionate animals can be. it reminded me of this story of a dog who drags a wounded friend from a highway using his front paws!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HJTG6RRN4E

stroh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Here a pic of my dog, Dudley (a Leonberger), visiting an old lady down the street. She loves it when he sits on her lap. At times, he is used as a therapy dog. My mom works in a nursing home and we used to take him around once every couple months to visit all the patients. Some patients that had no normal response to people lit up when he walks in their room. Def awesome. He's a big baby...

duds-1.jpg

JDSupreme,

SD_haze

She looks like she's light enough to ride him!

Here are my terriers, the bottom one is the normal breed size 45 lbs (largest terrier breed) but the top one is genetically giant @ like 90+ lbs. His dad was 100+ :o

223301_1578340638827_1844977946_1036591_5843412_n.jpg

222311_1578340718829_1844977946_1036592_3955083_n.jpg

SD_haze,
Top Bottom