Does Weed Help You Sleep

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

darkstar72

I always feel like main stream articles are so cautious about cannabis. Not enough research, blah, blah, blah. It's obvious from personal experience cannabis makes me sleepy, forgetful, reduces any pain or soreness. All good things in for an overstimulated modern human, imo.

howie105

High or not doesn't keep me from falling asleep (sleep when one can type) however it seems to cut down on the number of remembered dreams.

Madtater

I take melatonin every night.

But since i started vaping GMO, my sleep is SO much better.

I can fall asleep without it, but if i take a hit or two of GMO before bed a bomb can drop and i wouldnt hear it.

My wife even wanted to try it and she tells me the same thing. Her sleep is much more deep if she takes a hit of the GMO before bed.

SquirrelMaster

Even melatonin, which is referenced in the article, is not effective for everyone. Like so many other things in life, what works for one person may not work for another, and vice versa.

There is a bias against cannabis but it's slowly changing. Doctors don't know everything, so I am very hesitant to blindly accept to take xyz drug when the same doctor can't tell me why I feel the pain I do.

Generally speaking cannabis helps me sleep. There are the odd nights where even after a nice sesh my mind is racing and I'm up for hours, but that is rare. Also, whenever taking a break that first night isn't usually is not the best. I've found that if I vape/smoke a few times in the evening, by the time bed time rolls around I can barely keep my eyes open.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Much like cake, indica is a lie! There is no generic difference and only sativa actually exists, at least genetically. We've definately attributed certain traits to indica veriatles, but that doesn't mean that a plant with short fat leaves will only have sedative effects when consumed.

I've been a daily melatonin user for nearly 20 years. I've had to take tolerance breaks from it and relied on weed throughout that time in one way or another. A new way of consuming often helps reset tolerance to weed gaining an advantage over my disorder, but it is often less effective as time progresses. The best thing I've found is to have a variety of strains and consumption methods on hand to keep things as unexpected as possible lol.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Using if for sleep has caused me a bunch of chronic issues and is now too much of a habit to give up without going on a lengthy retreat.

Big regret. Don't do it. : lack of proper REM sleep / deep sleep means lack of proper rest, which over time leads to tiredness and then disease.

Knewt

I usually fall asleep easily at bedtime. If I become restless in the middle of the night, I will go vape a bowl (which means a trip to the cold garage), and I usually drift away just minutes later.

EarthworldTim

I take melatonin every night.

But since i started vaping GMO, my sleep is SO much better.

I can fall asleep without it, but if i take a hit or two of GMO before bed a bomb can drop and i wouldnt hear it.

My wife even wanted to try it and she tells me the same thing. Her sleep is much more deep if she takes a hit of the GMO before bed.
I experienced the same thing with GMO. Now I try to always have some heavy indica on hand for when I want to vape before sleep but that GMO excelled for this.

Madtater

I experienced the same thing with GMO. Now I try to always have some heavy indica on hand for when I want to vape before sleep but that GMO excelled for this.
I have tried other heavy indicas and do not get the same really deep sleep as i do with GMO.

May be a placebo thing for me, may not be. i live, work and breathe in the medical field for the last 23 years. I used to be all in for medications like rozeram or ambian. Have taken both of those….but the side effects from those two were terrible. From the hangover like feeling from rozeram, to the sleep walking of ambien. I do not get any of that hitting my GMO before bed and feel fantastic when i get up. I sleep harder for sure without the crappy feeling in the morning.

RiskyRaccoon

I haven't seen any GMO cookies in Seattle but I'm probably not looking hard enough. I tend to use 9lb hammer, and tend to be selective about growers I buy from. Falcanna, Passion Flower, Experience Organics, Heavenly Buds, Eagle Trees and Raven Grass. I'd like to add more pesticide free growers to the list!

RiskyRaccoon,

Pinte

I keep my Girl Scout Cookies for sleep aid. It feels like I'm floating off on a cloud. The bed sheets feel so nice.

I typically use 1mg melatonin which works OK. I found too much melatonin gives me weird dreams and makes me anxious and can actually keep me awake, but 1mg does the job 90% of the time after 40 mins.

Pinte,

Madtater

My wife wanted to see what i was talking about with the GMO sleep aid.

She tried it one night and has been hitting it ever since before bed almost every night. The first time she had it, she told me there was a big drool spot on the pillow and dis not move all night. She said she felt fantastic and slept like a rock.

I am noticing that i sleep sounder and feel more rested when i hit the GMO before bed, but tend to wake up a couple times and do not feel as well rested when i don’t hit it.

Madtater,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I have found a supplement that really works and is really helping out with anxiety and insomnia in ways cannabis or the usual herbs like Valerian cannot.... It is called Adrenal Success and is by the Solaray brand. It contains GABA and maybe that's why it no longer appears on their website- I have a creeping suspicion the anti-human pharmacracy made them stop producing it.. because it works and could in fact count as a legal high....

Other ingredients are Rhodiola, Ashwaganda, Schizandra, a few more herbs, L-theanine and Reishi, Cordyceps, Maitake. So it should be possible to recreate the blend once this is no longer available. Effects are definitely noticeable and are similar to a low dose of diazepam or something like that without the mind-numbing effect...

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Shrike

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Absolutely ...

But does it help you dream? ... I'm a daily user and find i don't dream much at all which for me is just fine as I'd likely dream about work stuff and wake up feeling like I'd already put in a full day

PeteyS

I have a friend who suffers from insomnia and once I introduced him to cannabis he was sold on it being the best sleeping aid he has found yet. He is now a nightly vapourist.
In my opinion however, I find that it does aid in falling asleep, but I find myself waking up at odd hours, and not having the best sleep quality.
On days that i do not use cannabis, I find that I sleep better overall, and i have dreams again.

PeteyS,
Reactions: Laantje

Laantje

It definitely makes falling asleep a lot easier for me, I use it whenever I'm still too awake in the evening.
However, it does mess up my sleep quality. I feel better and more energic the next day if I sleep without it.

Laantje,

PeteyS

I think sometimes it depends on other factors. Like how tired you are, how much flower you use, and how late into the night.
For example, last night I vaped a gram of weed(Which is alot for me), with my last session about 1 hour away from bed time. I slept like a baby thoughtout the night. Didn't wake up once.
But most of the time, weed gives me a sub par sleeping experience.

PeteyS,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Weed helps me sleep and helps my shoulders to hurt less.
I also use a tincture of CBD with Delta 8 and that helps me sleep better too.
Also I imagine the strain you vape or smoke makes a big difference. Indica is more likely to make you sleepy.

MoeOnTheMoon,

SinewavesLife

SinewavesLife,
Top Bottom