Does water filter out the good stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novegas13

I prefer to water-condition my vapor...but I have heard many people say that the water filters out some of the desired components. Does anyone know anything about this?

Does anyone feel less of an effect when using water?

Does you think the temperature make a difference?

If it does filter out some of the desirable components...I wonder how much? Maybe it's still worth it, to a void a 'burny' throat...?

Thank you for your time/thoughts/ideas :)

novegas13,

Tweek

I wouldn't worry about it. People have been using water filtration for a long time, and still getting high/medicated just fine.

You sometimes lose a bit of flavour, but that is about it IMO.

novegas13

I wouldn't worry about it. People have been using water filtration for a long time, and still getting high/medicated just fine.

You sometimes lose a bit of flavour, but that is about it IMO.
THanks, Tweek :) I appreciate your feedback

novegas13,
Reactions: Tweek

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you want to know what water filtration is removing try tasting your diffuser water after vaping through it. You will notice a lot of "grassy" flavors, water soluble things I think . . . Some people reclaim from their glass but I don't bother, I use RezBlock instead and just flush it all easily down the drain.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
It traps a bit of everything. Lately to feel the essential oils I have been starting with a dry mouthpiece at low temp, then I crank it up, high heat and bubbler.

For your questions, I think every variable matters and that it is not a good idea to burn your throat for whatever.

Last edited:

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
thc is water soluble but not very much, some estimate 3% or so will be dissolved into water depending on temp of water.

another issue is condensation, the stuff you see collecting on glass. the vapor is cooled down by water and some of it condenses out. even non water whips will have the same thing happen to some degree.

do the pros of water outweigh this for you? that's what you have to ask.

vaporonly,

(We'll call him B)

What I really suggest is keeping a squeaky clean water piece, and if you are totally concerned about it, use slightly less water. You could put frozen green beans in the neck of your piece to cool down the vapor and add awesome flave!

(We'll call him B),

novegas13

What I really suggest is keeping a squeaky clean water piece, and if you are totally concerned about it, use slightly less water. You could put frozen green beans in the neck of your piece to cool down the vapor and add awesome flave!
Green Beans? I had never even heard of that...but it sounds interesting. I do love green beans lol. I'll have to give it a try :)

thc is water soluble but not very much, some estimate 3% or so will be dissolved into water depending on temp of water.

another issue is condensation, the stuff you see collecting on glass. the vapor is cooled down by water and some of it condenses out. even non water whips will have the same thing happen to some degree.

do the pros of water outweigh this for you? that's what you have to ask.
That makes sense... Thank you for your input :)

If you want to know what water filtration is removing try tasting your diffuser water after vaping through it. You will notice a lot of "grassy" flavors, water soluble things I think . . . Some people reclaim from their glass but I don't bother, I use RezBlock instead and just flush it all easily down the drain.
I've seen some posts about RezBlock, but had never heard of it until recently. Does anyone know what it's made of? I wonder if it has any potential side-effects?

Last edited by a moderator:
novegas13,

decaptain

I agree that condensation is of course also an important aspect.

It can be minimized if the pipes are as clean as possible. If there's sticky material in the tubes , it will catch the particles, more and more.

but imo it's minimal
Unless you have a bong with double perc aND ashcatcher... then you need to worry about it..

decaptain,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom