does anyone know why blunt wraps were taken off the shelf's ?

TheVaporDaddy

where i live you cant buy blunt wraps anymore , none of the stores sell them . people tell me the government or like the fda or something took them off the shelfs , anyone else hear of this or did your home towns stop selling blunts too?

TheVaporDaddy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Haven't heard of this, granted I barley combust but this last summer me and my pals had no troubles finding them everywhere from gas stations to tobacco shops.

aesthyrian,

Beezleb

Have no idea, we vape here :lol:

on a serious note:
I have heard of the government cracking down or really talking about cracking down on flavored smoke products under the view "save the kids" kind of thing. I have no idea if it is this kind of thing or not.

Beezleb,

2Supra4U

it was either canada wide or ontario wide.....

they took all the flavored shit off due to saying its marketed right at kids

( using attractive colours and using funny or similar names to name the product...to lure kids)

if it was flavoured it mostliekly gone....although im sure some conv stores still have them but most face fines if they have it so most get rid of them.

so, your left with buying a cigar and rolling a blunt the old fashioned way.....

2Supra4U,

danalee48

Yeah, in Alberta they were taken off the shelves in June, but now they're being sold as "adjustable cigars": Cigars with like 4 layers of leaves and filled with a miscellaneous tobacco-like substance. It ups the weight so apparently these are allowed.

Gotta love loopholes. lol

danalee48,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It is the flavored tobacco thingie as others have mentioned before. Only reason I know this is, I used to buy those frequently from the gas station next to my work, when they stopped selling them I had to ask. That was the reason that they gave me, the fact they were flavored.

DevoTheStrange,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
But I thought the 'between the lines' part of that law applied to cigarettes. (i.e. Cloves and shit) And maybe some of the oral tobacco products. They specifically stated that this would not encompass 'cigars' which is why they were still around after the big cig crackdown fiasco.

They might finally be getting to those dumb 'wraps' now. I mean seriously, Id be willing to bet that the glass bong that you ban our stores from selling would be more apt to be used for tobacco than any of those damned wraps you sell at every convenience store.

AGBeer,

hereatlast

There still abundant here, I see them often when I'm at corner/convenience stores.

hereatlast,

OO

Technical Skeptical
if you think the policy is unfair, contact your representatives, a handwritten letter is best.

OO,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Oh trust me I have :)

Some I have gotten a response from, some I have not.
Ive been keeping an eye on whos who and whos voted for what. We shall see what happens this coming year in my locale. :|

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

Yea the reason that certain tobacco products are being banned is becuase someone feels like they are aimed at kids, and they are to an extent, I remember seeing kids more likely to choose a flavored product then something plain.

It doesnt affect me, I am allergic to tobacco, and I rarely smoke anyway.

Nycdeisel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Nycdeisel said:
Yea the reason that certain tobacco products are being banned is becuase someone feels like they are aimed at kids, and they are to an extent, I remember seeing kids more likely to choose a flavored product then something plain.

It doesnt affect me, I am allergic to tobacco, and I rarely smoke anyway.
do you care about having your rights limited? or your freedoms being removed?

OO,
Top Bottom