Does anyone know if gotvape.com is known for bad customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

I have been trying to return an iolite that I got and didn't even take out of the box, my husband has called the customer service rep twice and both times she promised to send me an email with the directions to return the iolite. The second phone call she said "I just now sent it". I have checked my spam and trash and it just hasn't shown up yet - but we know she has my email address right because she read it out to my husband. :/

I can't shake the uncomfortable feeling that they are not going to make this easy. Is this just a fluke or did I order from the wrong company? :uhoh:

Lily,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Lily said:
Is this just a fluke or did I order from the wrong company? :uhoh:
Lily... it is a little late to ask that question., now you will be forced to ride this out.
Keep after them, and get it done.
If you feel uncomfortable with the level of contact, and the "gut" tells you it is a runaround.. order from another company.. there are many, and many listed here too!
BUT dont stop.. keep after them.

Vitolo,

Lily

Thanks, Vitolo. I guess what I was really asking was if I just needed to have more patience or if I needed to switch into "nag mode" with them. Seems to me it's not that hard to send an email. I guess I am getting a runaround - I just didn't want to accept it. :p Bah! I hope I can get them to work with me because I am on assistance and I really am not able to have that kind of money being held hostage. So believe me, I won't be giving up. ;)

Lily,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Understood. I am on SSI. perhaps nag mode is in line... but do it with a calm tongue... so they don't "cop an attitude" of non cooperation.
"Hi, I am afraid there has been an error. I am returning an unopened order that I placed, and you were to send me instructions for return and refund by email. I fear I possibly gave you the wrong email address, so let me give it to you again...________"

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Lily,

If you paid with a credit or debit card, consider disputing with the card issuer.

chucku,

Lily

chucku said:
If you paid with a credit or debit card, consider disputing with the card issuer.

Can I do that if I still have the vaporizer in my possession?

Lily,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Lily... do they have a return policy?
You indicated that they were going to "work with you".
I don't think you can dispute a charge with the credit card people, unless the item you got is not what you ordered or is damaged upon arrival.
chucku's idea may work.... you can call the credit card company and talk to a customer service person, and find out their policy....
Keep up contact with the company. Let the long weekend go by.
They were likely all like us... heads in the clouds.. excited to get out of the office for the weekend.
I have a feeling they will work with you.
Try this...
Tell them, that you began to wonder what happened, but that the other reviewers on FC.com told you that "gotvape.com" is a responsible dealer, and will make good on this.
This will remind them that the world is watching.... and that you are on a vape review site....
and that the issue has been made public.
Hopefully this will encourage them to move on the email, that will give you the return information.

Vitolo,

Lily

Vitolo said:
Lily... do they have a return policy?
Keep up contact with the company. Let the long weekend go by.
Tell them, that you began to wonder what happened, but that the other reviewers on FC.com told you that "gotvape.com" is a responsible dealer, and will make good on this.
This will remind them that the world is watching.... and that you are on a vape review site....
and that the issue has been made public.
Hopefully this will encourage them to move on the email, that will give you the return information.

Good advice, thank you again, Vitolo. :) I will do this and give them until Wednesday to at least send an email, not counting Monday that will be 4 days total I've requested the information and not gotten it so it should be sufficient. Then I will start looking into possibly disputing the charge or at least figuring out what else I can do about it.

P.S. Yes they have a return policy and my request to return the iolite falls under their policy.

Lily,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Good. I think that you just got swept up in their "pre 4 day weekend" mess.
I'll watch with interest as I am sure MANY others here will be doing also! :ninja:

Vitolo,

Lily

Just an update: It took a couple more phone calls but I finally did get an email with an RMA number in it. However the email was worded such that it seemed to be only for broken items, etc. It had a line in there that said "If nothing is found to be wrong with the product, we will return it to you and charge you for shipping". I had my roommate call and ask about this and the girl said "Don't worry about it, we just need the RMA on the box" or something to that effect.

So it has been sent off, having followed all instructions. We shall see if they give me any further trouble, or refund as promised.

Lily,

satan

lucifer
Just an update: It took a couple more phone calls but I finally did get an email with an RMA number in it. However the email was worded such that it seemed to be only for broken items, etc. It had a line in there that said "If nothing is found to be wrong with the product, we will return it to you and charge you for shipping". I had my roommate call and ask about this and the girl said "Don't worry about it, we just need the RMA on the box" or something to that effect.

So it has been sent off, having followed all instructions. We shall see if they give me any further trouble, or refund as promised.

So what ended up happening! Just out of curiosity, I'm going to buy a vape from GotVape soon and your post made me worried.

satan,

max

Out to lunch
So what ended up happening! Just out of curiosity, I'm going to buy a vape from GotVape soon and your post made me worried.
I suggest you ask via 'start a conversation'/PM, since this thread has been dormant for over a year.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom