Does anybody track their extraction efficiency?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think the variation in the lighter loads of my chart (.07 - .16) is due to the fact that I don't have a scale that measures to .001g, so it's basically being rounded up or down on the closest hundredth of a gram. Remember that the difference of .01g on a load of .07g is 15%, so that's basically the margin of error that I'm working with. I expect the chart to normalize (it already has quite a bit) once I run more tests on those weights.

:peace:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
all we really know is that higher heat extracts more vaporizable contents -- how much of the vapor is THC is not measured.

and i suggest the variation in Stu's chart from 0.07 to 0.16 is due to different packing style, after which the load finally becomes dense and "efficiency" drops.

So, despite the higher heat of a dense bowl, there is less eficiency in the process? It would be expected that the higher heat inside the bowl would provide a better efficiency, despite the less free airflow.

vorrange,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
So, despite the higher heat of a dense bowl, there is less eficiency in the process? It would be expected that the higher heat inside the bowl would provide a better efficiency, despite the less free airflow.

sorry, no, what i meant was the denser bowl extracts more heat -- heat of vaporization -- so the apparent temperature (i.e in my case the measured temperature) is lower with a packed bowl.

for example, just packed a very dense vial (as a test, you understand, just as a test), and the BBQ THERMOMETER is showing 3°F lower than for a normal (half as densely packed) vial.

Note: this is with the same set point for all tests. i know the heater is AT the setpoint when the green LED is flashing, showing that the PIC/MAX is reading the heater to be dancing above and below the setpoint.

And by the end of the session, the BBQ THERMOMETER is showing 5°F higher than during the first several minutes of the session. So, finally, at the end of the session, the interior of the device is heat saturated and the trichomes (and plant sap) is gone.

This is all with the heater at the same set point.

Top Bottom