Does any one vape swag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognito

Hi,
I am new here. I've learned alot lurking, but I haven't stumbled across this question. I know that with vaping you get more efficient use out of less quantity. Does vaping in anyway help make up for the lesser quality one would otherwise experience with swag by smoking it?

I just got a new Extreme Q, and I wondering if this may allow me to be even more frugal.
I suppose I may just have to do some back2back comparisons between some commercial stuff against some really good mids.

cognito,

PerseusStoned

Sounds like this thread I started has all FC has to share.

No scientific data unfortunately (and expectantly), but lots of good opinions going both ways. Welcome to the forums cognito!

In my "did the research, but it was several years ago so I might be wrong" opinion most reg plants have around 5-8% THC and KB can have anywhere from 10-40%. So look at your price range, time availability, and make a good informed decision.

PerseusStoned,

SimonC

What is swag? Swag is usually an unsexed Mexican Sativa harvested without trimming and/or curing, compressed into brick form. It then sits around in hot containers, sometimes for years, before making its way across the border. Genetically, it can be more potent than the Dutch genetics typically cultivated by growers, but it's what happens after the harvest that tuns it into swag. Yes, that's right, any and all genetics can be turned into swag.

Simon

SimonC,

cognito

Thank you for the link Perseus! I read that thread before but completely forgot about it.:/
I recently moved from the Golden State to the state known for its flatness. What I once took for granted now cost extra.

After re-reading my question, I feel I should reiterate. My predicament is KB vs. mids rather than hi-mids vs. schwag. It is commercial, but its actually not that bad. Not like some of that compressed Mexican brick shit that is out there. There are just no named strands around here, that I know of as of yet.

So I guess the reggies here are nice enough to get me by. But I will also try to always keep some KB on hand, just to spice things up every now and then. And just incase for some random reason I decide to burn instead of vape.

If I do decide to go strictly one way or the other I will post about it, and explain why.

cognito,

SimonC

cognito said:
It is commercial, but its actually not that bad. Not like some of that compressed Mexican brick shit that is out there. There are just no named strands around here, that I know of as of yet.
If the product is Canadian, it's usually M39.

Simon

SimonC,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
To answer the question - Yes.

I have a buddy of mine who is financially (and well life in general) less fortunate. Just about all he gets is schwag weed. I have since turned him onto the VG and it has been all but life altering for him!

AGBeer,

Raf007

Retailer
Yes, it's way better to vape schwag than to smoke it, sometimes you even have very good surprises

Raf007,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Since my area is just starting medicinal, I'm stuck with what I can find locally (and what i can afford). I would say it's probably mid level, certainly nothing exotic. I get a great buzz vaping it. Mind you, I'm sure the better the herb, the better the buzz (or the less you need), but I'm pretty happy with my results.

I will say that I went through more herb in the beginning than I do now. It's that learning curve while you get used to the process, the buzz, the novelty. Plus, I think different vapes vape more efficiently than others. So far, I've only used the HB and LB, so it's not like I'm well versed in this, but it's what i've garmered from all my reading here. Also, I think it's a matter of personal preference; ie what size hits you want, etc. So, short of buying all the vapes and trying them, you should probably start reading some of the vape specific posts and try to sift through the info for what you need in a vape.

Good luck in you quest. At least this is something that is fun to research. :brow:

momofthegoons,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
momofthegoons said:
Since my area is just starting medicinal, I'm stuck with what I can find locally (and what i can afford). I would say it's probably mid level, certainly nothing exotic. I get a great buzz vaping it. Mind you, I'm sure the better the herb, the better the buzz (or the less you need), but I'm pretty happy with my results.
I can second this motion as I am in the same boat. I can regularly get mids of varying grade. Great in the vape, love em and I love the price.

Here recently I managed to stumble on to some med grade sour diesel.

Night and fuckin day... :brow:

AGBeer,

SimonC

Howie Feltersnatch said:
SimonC said:
lepstadder said:
shwag is what we call it
Swag is pronounced as shwag.

Simon
I've always seen it and heard it in my mind as "SCHWAG" :cool:
Interesting. Check out a cultivation forum, you know, a place populated by Canna professionals. Guess how we all spell it? Of course, please feel free to write it any way you like. It's not going to make or break my existence, but it might make some foks seem a little less newbish. lol

Simon

SimonC,

Raf007

Retailer
well, the whole world believed the earth to be flat, once.

Semanticaly speaking, swag makes less sense than shwag, isn't it ? ImHo

Raf007,

civre4monkey

The Vapist
Around here, kb is crystally/light green (or purple)/seedless, a blanket term for herb that isnt mid or shwag. Shwag is that brown/dark green seedy and stemy shit that costs 5 dollars a gram. Mid is just like shwag but more attractive, down here 10 dollars a gram. IMHO, mid is just a word used by dealers because shwag has a negative connotation.

Alas, since vaporizers (ideally) extract only cannabinoids, you can vape shwag just like the goodies. But you get less vapor cause there's less thc in it. It will taste like poo, but you can do it. Be careful not to vape the seeds, tho, cause they will pop-this might ruin your vape. :uhoh:

civre4monkey,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
We vape schwag all the time at work. We tend to call it "Brick Weed" out here. We use the extreme for the schwag only. Reasoning behind this is the larger bowl size. More herb needed when the THC content so low.
And yes, vaping it is way better than smoking it. Tastes better too.

DevoTheStrange,

SimonC

the electrician said:
SimonC said:
Canna professionals
i definitely would not listen to a crowd who call themselves canna professionals
Umm...who do you think grows the product that you pay for? What would you call folks who cultivate for a living, actively perfecting their craft at every turn? Who knows more about Canna that work with it every day? You guys have absolutely no idea. It's like citing Wiki, or hanging plants upside down to let the THC trickle into the flowers. It's the blind leading the blind. Come down to IC and learn something about Canna. Then, perhaps, you can can discuss the topic from a less ignorant perspective. Unbelievable.

Edit: Now that I think about, I'm going to take my own advice.

Simon

SimonC,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
SimonC said:
the electrician said:
SimonC said:
Canna professionals
i definitely would not listen to a crowd who call themselves canna professionals
Umm...who do you think grows the product that you pay for? What would you call folks who cultivate for a living, actively perfecting their craft at every turn? Who knows more about Canna that work with it every day? You guys have absolutely no idea. It's like citing Wiki, or hanging plants upside down to let the THC trickle into the flowers. It's the blind leading the blind. Come down to IC and learn something about Canna. Then, perhaps, you can can discuss the topic from a less ignorant perspective. Unbelievable.

Edit: Now that I think about, I'm going to take my own advice.

Simon
The Wikipedia pages I linked were posted as joke more than anything. Sorry I was incorrect, your sources on how to spell a word that's slang to begin with are better than mine. Good to know I have no idea.

There are members here with enough canna knowledge to make your head spin. One person makes a dumb statement and we're all clueless?

Have fun at IC, no bad posts there.

Thread closed.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom