Does a whip give you a different high than a balloon?

ginolicious

I did a balloon gets me more fucked. Usually I do a balloon with 1 other person or more. Generally speaking I don't like to brew a bag just me.

ginolicious,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I feel I get more light headed with a balloon. Although I do bags by myself.
I do end up thinking I wasted through a lot of herb after using the bag versus the whip.

I find the highs are different but I personally don't find it to be a better high.

paytonpenn,

OrionNebula

I feel I get more light headed with a balloon. Although I do bags by myself.
I do end up thinking I wasted through a lot of herb after using the bag versus the whip.

I find the highs are different but I personally don't find it to be a better high.

Why would a bag make one more light headed? What's the exact difference?

OrionNebula,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think its airflow. Its a very wide open airflow with zero resistance.
When I use bags I am going at a pretty quick rate since I normally go through the whole load at once (Not inhaling a single bag in one hit). So I am hitting back to back from a bag, bag after bag.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I think its airflow. Its a very wide open airflow with zero resistance. Then I will have to exhale it.
When I use bags I am going at a pretty quick rate since I normally go through the whole load at once.

I get the same feeling from my Versa at times which has a whip but extremely open airflow.

So do you feel it's more a matter of quantity rather than quality of the vapor inhaled? Is the balloon increasing the speed at which you inhale, or do you think that the high is different also because the vapor changes when it's in the balloon?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Balloon is increasing the speed I inhale at (its wide airflow); I would hate to inhale slowly with a balloon it would be tedious as the vapor isn't really harsh and it would take forever to move on to the next bag. Unfortunately going through a bunch of bags doesn't make me very high as much as very exhausted.

I don't think its related to having the vapor stay in the bag.

Overall, different vapes, different highs.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

Tommy10

I agree with Payton, I get so baked off bags but I chew through them and my herb quicker than I would smoking baseball bat joints. One bag filling, one bag being inhaled keep cycling until 2g is gone and you kick yourself over how many times that could have gotten you high.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

How many "normal" draws with the whip does a standard volcano bag contain? What's the rough equivalency?

OrionNebula,

HomeFree

The thing about bags is it is possible to inhale a bag in a very short period of time, and you could have multiple bags set up or even some super long ones. Otherwise there is probably no difference as long as the same amount of actives is extracted and inhaled over the same timeline. But not all vapes have the same efficiency from what I am led to believe. I do seem to get more mileage from one of my vapes.

I like to try and vape my cannabis quickly so I don't need as much. One would think it would not last as long but it does seem to even last longer for me when vaped within 5 minutes rather than 30-60 minutes. If I use more for a long session then it will, but quick extraction seems to be a lot more efficient for me and I like to conserve my herb.

Anyways, I say do some experimenting and find out what you like best. We are all different. Do what you prefer. One of these days though I will have to do a super long bag or two and try that out, as tall as me. :D Maybe it would take too long to extract though.

Edit: I am sure the number of draws depends on temperature and a lot of other things. I am really not sure on that.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I prefer the whip for 2 main reasons...

1. Whip vapour is more concentrated as it's not being diluted with the air needed to blow up a bag....

2. Actives condense on the inside if the cool bag, meaning loss of actives, they should be in my lungs, not stuck to the bag.. too much surface area....

kellya86,

OrionNebula

1. Whip vapour is more concentrated as it's not being diluted with the air needed to blow up a bag....

2. Actives condense on the inside if the cool bag, meaning loss of actives, they should be in my lungs, not stuck to the bag.. too much surface area....

Thanks for your answer. Yea, I guess one shouldn't wait too long with a bag to avoid condensation. However, in some other post I read that extracting the vapor into a balloon relatively quickly is more efficient than a whip, as there is fewer actives lost to the heat in between hits

As for the diluted vapor, why would the air used to blow up a bag be any more than the air used to suck from a whip?

OrionNebula,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
As for the diluted vapor, why would the air used to blow up a bag be any more than the air used to suck from a whip?

Because when you are drawing yourself, you are not using as much air as the fan uses, meaning less diluted vapour...

I only do one or 2 hits and I'm fully extracted so I'm not concerned with wasting material between hits...

If anything its going stale I the bag while you wait to take hits anyway, imo..

Hope this helps...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Whip vapour isn't more potent... It doesn't get the weed up to temp and it cools between draws. Using a fan to blow up a bag means the material is fully reaching the temperature you set the vape at. There's certainly fuller spectrum of compounds in the bag vapour.

The whip is just as bad as the bag mate. There's lots of surface area for the vapour to condense on the inside, and the bowl piece (Herbalizer) will start to cook the material between hits.

I much prefer bags from my herbie and don't feel they waste anything at all. I think they offer a more full spectrum high when compared to the whip. Also, nothing does a better job with vaping concentrates than the bags.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I worked out there is a lot less surface area in my whip than the bag...

Each to their own I suppose,

I find the whip definitely hits me harder and the vapour is denser...

I put this down to it being less diluted..
This is my personal opinion.

Top Bottom