Do you leave your vape on all day?

• Yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Technically yes, I leave my Taroma and Freight Train on all day...

That is to say that the PID is switched "on" all the time - but I have a "Smart Switch" which I have set to automatically turn off in 30 minutes after it was turned on. I can either walk past it and hit the button on the top of the switch to turn it on, or I can use my phone to turn it on remotely, so when I get up 5 to 10 minutes later my device has had a little time to heat up properly, its a compromise as I accidently left it on all day once and some dust was blown on it and it caught alight - at least thats what the soot on top of the housing looked like. I realised then I shouldn't leave it on when I am no right there next to it.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Depends on the device as mentioned. I kept my e-nano log vaporizer running nearly 24/7/365 for about five years straight. With my XQ2, I tend to set the auto-off for 90 minutes and turn it on when i plan on using it in the near future. This is intentional to avoid myself from medicating TOO frequently by forcing me to wait for the device to heat up again hahaha

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Been running exposed coil PID vapes nearly 24/7 since 2017. Used to turn them off before bed sometimes, but I don't really bother anymore. I don't think I've turned mine off even once in the last month.

I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

Before that the Volcano was always on, and before that a box vape!
I find that desktops perform best when they are powered on 😁

simba

@weedanwine
Before my Deskpod died a death it was switched on when I came down in the morning and turned off after my bedtime bowl.

It'll be the same with the next desktop I buy.

simba,
Reactions: TedJones

SicSemperAdVaporem

Inactive Account
Technically yes, I leave my Taroma and Freight Train on all day...

That is to say that the PID is switched "on" all the time - but I have a "Smart Switch" which I have set to automatically turn off in 30 minutes after it was turned on. I can either walk past it and hit the button on the top of the switch to turn it on, or I can use my phone to turn it on remotely, so when I get up 5 to 10 minutes later my device has had a little time to heat up properly, its a compromise as I accidently left it on all day once and some dust was blown on it and it caught alight - at least thats what the soot on top of the housing looked like. I realised then I shouldn't leave it on when I am no right there next to it.
What brand switch do you use? I may have to invest in one.

SicSemperAdVaporem,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Nothing I own and use takes longer then 10 minutes to be ready to use, so I turn everything OFF, when I’m completely done. Safety is main priority, and from my research, things like heater coils will last longer, etc.
This question comes up a lot….. and I’m just never in such a hurry, that I can’t wait a few minutes…

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
What brand switch do you use? I may have to invest in one.
Aussie so might be different here compared to elsewhere.

The one I am trying out at the moment is the "Arlec White Grid Connect Smart Plug In Socket With Energy Meter".

I have 2 setups, I have a button in the application I can press using my phone that will turn on the device I want and turn it off 30 minutes later.

You can manually set up those sorts of rules and just click a button to activate them.

Also because sometimes I forget to use the button, I have all the switches set to turn off at 30 minutes past the hour - just in case I forgot to turn it off at the time.

I also have it set up to turn on automatically after my morning alarm so its heated up by the time time i'm out of the shower...

Top Bottom