Do You Get What You Ordered At Your Dispensary and If Not Then What?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Lately I've been purchasing based on THC% and Total Terpenes%. When I made my selections on THC% alone I didn't mind as much if I ordered something with 20% and got around 18%. If I ordered 20% but got something way less like 15% I would request an exchange or refund. Now that I spend the time to read the test results and make my selection on both factors I find I've gotten less forgiving.

I am aware that many dispos in Florida have a disclaimer stating they don't promise the specs ordered will exactly match the specs received. I remember the good/bad old days..... if a dinosaur (my day was a long time ago ;-) sold something that didn't line up with what was promised it wasn't accepted.

Example: There was some 9lb Hammer 8ths with 3% terps and 18% THC. What I got was 17% THC and 1.76% Terps. I didn't mind the drop in THC% but the drop in terps bothered me. I could return something like that no problem but it was bargain basement $ and didn't seem worth the trouble even if the dispo would deliver the exchange for free. No guarantee the exchange would be better although I feel confident they would select an 8th from a different batch if on-hand. I'm also aware that few trust the test results but I gotta select based on something. The above happens often. Sometimes its a drop and occasionally, rarely, the specs are better.

From now on I'm steering clear of delivery so I can do the check when I'm handed the product. I may only be able to verify THC% on the jar but its good enough since typically if the THC% isn't the same as ordered its a different batch than ordered and it might be a good idea to ask for the test results if terps matter to you.

What's your experience and what do you do?

Farid

Testing is rarely accurate. Often the best colas are selected to be tested and are not representative of the actual product sold.

Likewise terp % doesn't mean much because that number can easily change. If your bud is tested, then sits on a shelf somewhere, improperly sealed it will lose a lot of terps.

And finally, %s are not the best indicator of quality. I've slept on so many good strains like GDP just because they tested in the 15% range instead of the 20+%. Same for terps, I'd rather have a strain with a smaller % of very desirable terps, than a strain with a larger % of terps that are less appealing.

In the end, the best way to choose is to actually handle the bud, though thats unfortunatly not always possible.

His_Highness

Testing is rarely accurate. Often the best colas are selected to be tested and are not representative of the actual product sold.

Likewise terp % doesn't mean much because that number can easily change. If your bud is tested, then sits on a shelf somewhere, improperly sealed it will lose a lot of terps.

And finally, %s are not the best indicator of quality. I've slept on so many good strains like GDP just because they tested in the 15% range instead of the 20+%. Same for terps, I'd rather have a strain with a smaller % of very desirable terps, than a strain with a larger % of terps that are less appealing.

In the end, the best way to choose is to actually handle the bud, though thats unfortunatly not always possible.
Agreed. Dispos usually don't allow opening the jar by the customer in the dispo AND their employees aren't allowed to open a jar either.

I would also add recommendations and reviews to the possible criteria for selecting product that are also potentially flawed.... but....when you're left with nothing other than the test results to lean on........

Here's how/why I started looking at test results even knowing its flawed....I picked up a $58 top tier 8th for a treat. I had a dispensary coupon I was saving or I would never have bought it. The strain reviews were phenomenal. When I opened that jar it didn't look or smell like top tier so for the first time I checked the test results. The specs for the batch I ordered were significantly better than the specs on the different batch I received. So I added test results to my selection routine.

Back to the original question.....What's your experience and what do you do if what you ordered doesn't match up?

His_Highness,

BleuEyedGuy

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the ability to check on availability & pricing via website, sometimes with ordering and delivery available. But what's been a most pleasant surprise, being able to look and smell, they even have lighted magnification, and dozens of different strains, from $40 oz to $45 eigths, cheers!

Cjk0812

Where I'm at in California we unfortunately only have delivery services available. The place I normally go through doesn't actually list the THC content or the terp content or anything like that but they do have description of the flavors and effects you can expect from that strain so I'll normally go by that and so far I've only been disappointed maybe 2-3 times out of a few dozen times ordering but I also normally go for their affordable stuff ranging around 50-80 an oz so it's not like I lost out that much when I wasn't a huge fan of what I got.

His_Highness

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the ability to check on availability & pricing via website, sometimes with ordering and delivery available. But what's been a most pleasant surprise, being able to look and smell, they even have lighted magnification, and dozens of different strains, from $40 oz to $45 eigths, cheers!
They let you look and smell?!?!?!
Where I'm at in California we unfortunately only have delivery services available. The place I normally go through doesn't actually list the THC content or the terp content or anything like that but they do have description of the flavors and effects you can expect from that strain so I'll normally go by that and so far I've only been disappointed maybe 2-3 times out of a few dozen times ordering but I also normally go for their affordable stuff ranging around 50-80 an oz so it's not like I lost out that much when I wasn't a huge fan of what I got.
Not showing any of the specs would drive me a little nuts but at those prices per ounce as long as it vapes you win. Glad its working for you like that.

@Cjk0812 and @BleuEyedGuy those prices for an ounce .... I think I'm gonna cry....

Because the trimbag / trim-machine took some percentage *I THINK. if the buds are good, keep them. don't look at numbers too much IMHO
This was a little while back but you're absolutely right .... I kept it, vaped it AND enjoyed it. :rockon:

Guess I'm just old and so is my perspective .... When I hear myself saying "This isn't what I ordered" I get a little bummed.

Cjk0812

They let you look and smell?!?!?!

Not showing any of the specs would drive me a little nuts but at those prices per ounce as long as it vapes you win. Glad its working for you like that.

@Cjk0812 and @BleuEyedGuy those prices for an ounce .... I think I'm gonna cry....

This was a little while back but you're absolutely right .... I kept it, vaped it AND enjoyed it. :rockon:

Guess I'm just old and so is my perspective .... When I hear myself saying "This isn't what I ordered" I get a little bummed.

Yeah I'd definitely say it's been working out well and I'm really glad to have the connection cause it's really the most affordable in the area by a long shot. Some of their cheaper stuff they'll even run special bulk deals on where you can get 2 for a 100 or sometimes even 3 for 120.

cptofnthng

I really need to tell my local telegram dealer that he is not up to modern standards. He doesnt even give out THC % percentages, but i sometimes get strain names! Though i feel like they are not very reliable. Its either haze something or kush something. Lol

His_Highness

I really need to tell my local telegram dealer that he is not up to modern standards. He doesnt even give out THC % percentages, but i sometimes get strain names! Though i feel like they are not very reliable. Its either haze something or kush something. Lol
I'd trust the telegram more than any dispensary here in Florida. They're closer to the customer and care more. Dispensaries could care less whether you return.

florduh

I'd trust the telegram more than any dispensary here in Florida. They're closer to the customer and care more. Dispensaries could care less whether you return.

I feel like it's slightly better in more liberalized markets for one simple reason: competition. You can count the corporations selling weed in FL on one hand. Even worse, it's not decriminalized in FL. Buying from a Telegram dealer can land you in prison. Buying concentrates from that dealer can get you 10-15 years. So that handful of corpos have got us by the balls.

His_Highness

I feel like it's slightly better in more liberalized markets for one simple reason: competition. You can count the corporations selling weed in FL on one hand. Even worse, it's not decriminalized in FL. Buying from a Telegram dealer can land you in prison. Buying concentrates from that dealer can get you 10-15 years. So that handful of corpos have got us by the balls.
Ah...yeah...concentrates.....being a flower guy 100% I didn't even think about trates.
Hehe. You guys are complaining from what looks from here like a high ceiling.
Is growing legal too? I would do that in a heart beat.
Nope - no legal growing .... yet

His_Highness,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Ah...yeah...concentrates.....being a flower guy 100% I didn't even think about trates.

It's worse for 'trates, but I'm pretty sure flower possession without a medical card or simply buying flower from anywhere other than a licensed dispo is an arrestable offense in most of the State. "Buy from us, one of our 4 competitors, or go to jail" is a pretty big disincentive to providing good customer service.

His_Highness

It's worse for 'trates, but I'm pretty sure flower possession without a medical card or simply buying flower from anywhere other than a licensed dispo is an arrestable offense in most of the State. "Buy from us, one of our 4 competitors, or go to jail" is a pretty big disincentive to providing good customer service.
I agree its arrestable but I doubt the police are going to jail you for an amount not implying sales..... unless you're instigating things. Would hate to pay a sizeable fine though....

I forgot the "Cop had a bad day" potential...... or takes offense to my defund the police bumper sticker :o :lol:

His_Highness,
Reactions: florduh

Zipford

The answer to this question probably depends quite a bit on the specific state and circumstances. I need to travel to buy legally, and the one time I ended up with the wrong product I just had to eat their screw-up - not worth going back over. But I'm a one man microdoser, so at this point it is pretty easy look the other way if there is a mix-up, because it is easy to have a relative abundance of useable material.

Also, I often buy a mix of things (flower, wax, tincture) so it is unlikely everything would get screwed up. If I was making a big purchase of one kind of thing, I'd be more inclined to ensure I got the right thing at the dispensary (or right outside, not sure they let you open the bag and check the contents).

florduh

I agree its arrestable but I doubt the police are going to jail you for an amount not implying sales..... unless you're instigating things. Would hate to pay a sizeable fine though....

I forgot the "Cop had a bad day" potential...... or takes offense to my defund the police bumper sticker :o

Yeah, probably not. I think the bigger issue surrounding customer service is the lack of competition.

And LOL at the bumper sticker. Yeah, that is a problem. If you catch a piggie on a bad day, going outside the regulated market can lead to a night in a cage. That isn't a risk in most of the fully legal States. I think Miami decriminalized. In the actual city of Orlando, cops have the discretion to not arrest. But with your taste in bumper stickers, you might not get the benefit of that discretion :lol:

Top Bottom