DIY press

edoneleg

In the process of trying to decide oh metal parts for my press, have most of the other items. I was deciding on how I want to do myframe. First thought was 3/8" or 1/2" all-thread, but then started looking at like 303/304 stainless round bar since I could cut my own threads in them. I know round bar would be better for smooth movement of the bottom plate.

Which would you use?

Also building my own cause I need a compact footprint (all I have is a room in a house, so I have to use/store it in said room).

Thanks all.

edoneleg,
Reactions: arb

sea dog

Just wondering - Why not buy a small press or modify one ?
If I cut a 12 ton H.F press in half it would go on a counter top just fine.
I got one for $50 today - It will press an oz ATT and get everything !

sea dog,

edoneleg

My room is like 88ft2. Between dresser, bed, computer desk, and a mini fridge space is limited. I looked at both A and H frame presses at first. But I can build mine with a footprint of 5"x5". Be easy to move around and get out of the way. Be awkward moving a bigger press around being in a wheelchair. I don't need to press a lot at a time.

How tall would it be if you modified it for desktop use, how wide and deep is it?

Plus I like to build, and it's been couple of years since i had energy and motivation to do so.

edoneleg,

sea dog

If you don't need High capacity - Why not buy a Dabpress on Ebay
They have a plug and play press that is <$300 with everything.
I have a 20 ton and 12 ton press in my living room and 4 BH washers.

Last edited:
sea dog,
Top Bottom