Diy desktop vape

Terp_mouth

I am looking to make a diy desktop vape. I was thinking of just using a basic vv power supply. I am a complete noob to power and heating elements. I was looking at ceramic heating rods but Im not sure how to wire it all up. I want to use a 18mm male whip adapter for the bowl with basket screens and use some kind of 18mm female adapter to fill with glass balls and the heating rod. If anyone has any guidance it would be much appreciated. Thanks FC

Terp_mouth,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yup use a variable voltage AC/DC converter rated between 10 and 20 A and put that into any resistive load and you should get plenty of heat. But don't hook directly to the AC mains, as it's obviously too dangerous for a DIY device.

KeroZen,

Hippie

Which Ceramic heater rods?
The 900 series ceramic soldering iron elements are probably what you want
For one of those you'll need a power supply up to 24V and 5A and a step down controller for VV control OR you can cut the handle off and use the soldering iron controller for temp control.

Either way the.wiring is pretty simple.
There are 4 wires on the A132x elements - 2 for the element and 2 for the sensor.
If you're cutting the handle off - unscrew it and make a note of the connections > cut the board off > slide off the handle > reconnect the wires as per your notes.
If you're going VV - the red wires are usually for the element (and the blue wires are usually for the sensor)

I've made a few of these style vapes
Easiest build I've done was using a 7th Floor Vapes LSV heater cover + a cork + a cup and a 936D soldering iron so I recommend having a look through their spares for parts for your first build.

Top Bottom