Diy Butane extractor with gong vapor whips

Rico420

So after looking at $70+ minimum dual gong glass butane extraction tubes, or the ones that require a clamp filter on the end i decided to google and see if there was a decent gong diy method of going about this cheaply.

Found this tube video-

I'm trying to find just the top 18mm nipple part he's using (the one that has a broken tip), as its pretty much the same as the ones used on the gong tubes, but not having too much luck. I really don't feel comfortable using a bowl as an alternative as he suggests, seems like it could stress the glass more when pushing down to open the butane tube nozzle. I have an 18mm eq bowl/whip piece that i could use, but I'd rather have a straight piece as its most likely more ergonomic when using.

Any ideas where to source the 18mm piece similar to what he is using in the video, or like what the dual gong tubes have?

I Found the whip the guy in the vid is using as the tube pretty cheaply on ebay, but I'm going to start a wtb thread in the classifieds just in case i can get it from a community member instead.

I had a few questions/concerns though. Obviously cheap glass should prob be avoided in this scenario, and the thicker the better.

Is this "theoretically" safe to use whip pieces in this way, assuming its quality & thick glass?

Any reason why they'd work/react differently than the commercial extraction tube? IE Difference in glass composition, shape, etc.

Also, where would one source those tips that serve to make a seal between the butane nozzle and the glass hole?

Any tips or opinions on this idea are welcome, thanks-

Rico420,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Could you explain your resilience to the clamp on screen/filter ? I don't understand how the non use will produce uncontaminated errl without particulate matter.

smokum,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I replied in your other thread before I realised it was a classified and I was breaking the rules (can't post there to help, just to trade). Did you check on Etsy after I offered you that tip? You said under $45? there's this for $35 on Etsy- no clamped screen- the filter's held in by the glass:
il_570xN.313376295.jpg

Or a bit bigger with a GonG top, if you really want it, for $45
il_570xN.313510828.jpg

I've not used them though or read any reports, so can't verify their performance. Don't see why they wouldn't work though.

I can def recommend avoiding cheap or thin glass- I had a purpose made ~4mm thick boro tube 'explode' on me recently (pic in a thread somewhere). I still can't quite get my head around how it happened. Loads of other folk get on just fine with thin glass (turkey baster) and no problems though. But it's still lesson learned for me; once bitten and all that. I'll be sticking to purpose built, thick extractor tubes.

edit: and you could probably ask this etsy guy about buying just the GonG piece to mate with the nozzle, or any of the other makers. They must surely have spares for customers that lose or break theirs.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom