Divine Tribe atty's

whatavape

Engineering the stars since '01
@nikcorda
Important detail: if using a 6.8 mm x 4 mm cup, it sits in the well with very little play, and that works great. But after a session it settles in even better and often sticks. It can get very hard to extract. To remove it, just heat it up and tap on the mod, and it drops right out.

This technique works with oils, shatter, wax, anything that melts down. Best results with a slow draw. Of course if you crank the temp up you can suck up fat clouds, but it's going to spatter and make a mess, and for that you may as well just dump erl directly on the burner or go with a 3.0.

I recently got some 7x2mm and 6.8x4mm alumina crucibles.. Both fit well into my v2.7, but as you mentioned previously, they do not stay as soon as you draw (they get sucked up and spill sideways or some sort). I'll have to grab a couple v2-alikes that you mention to try them out. I only have the deep bowl, but I'm assuming by the looks of it, yours is the shallow one?

fernand

@whatavape On the V2 I have both deep and shallow bowl. It's possible to hold the cup down on the shallow bowl with an inverted screen or some other other kludge.

20160814_134641_zpshs8xsuuh.jpg

On the deep bowl maybe a little ball of stainless steel mesh, or some other yet kludge. But if the air is cooling the cup it's a bit of a losing battle in my book, so I see the V2s as being best used "bacon on the burner", as intended.

The V2-alikes I've gotten all have been like on my photo on the previous page, a little deeper than a shallow bowl V2. Those work as-is because the air inlets are right above the cup, the air swirls and captures vapor without pulling up the cup.

I've been trying to install a V2 donut in a V3 with a little spiral nest made of resistance wire, wired in parallel with the donut, to hold a 6.8 mm cup on the donut in the center of the V3 ceramic base, and heat it too. The idea is that air would be drawn up from the holes, move up alongside the donut + cup + nest, and capture vapor without cooling the cup much. Nickel wire was too low in resistance, so I'm on to other wire, maybe Stainless Steel. Deriving a useful TCR for two parallel heaters of such diverse materials is going to be interesting, but as @OF says, who cares as long as it works, or as I says, we just measure the temperature and make adjustments.

fernand,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Ahhh I thot so. Was actually a bit curious if anyone can actually taste it? Some people got some super buds. Personally I tend to not bug out on things like this but I'm not everyone

Many say they can taste it.
I am not saying it is so.
But I have heard it from many AMAZING people. /s

Silat,
Reactions: Steven

Steven

Many say they can taste it.
I am not saying it is so.
But I have heard it from many AMAZING people. /s
I can understand if those who can taste a difference have something against touching their wax, but I think those who are just worried about contaminating wax is a bit silly. It's like hearing a cigarette smoker complain about how things like burned food, gmo's, etc...give you cancer.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I can understand if those who can taste a difference have something against touching their wax, but I think those who are just worried about contaminating wax is a bit silly. It's like hearing a cigarette smoker complain about how things like burned food, gmo's, etc...give you cancer.

I was making an attempt at channeling Drumpf.
He uses that sentence structure when trying to smear the truth. :)

But I am not lying. LOL
Seriously some do say they can taste and smell "human touch" on product and rig parts.
In fact I wear gloves when handling my SIC piece.

Silat,

fernand

A pet raccoon I knew had a behavior that went like this: he's scratch his butt, then sniff his fingers, and shake-shiver his head in revulsion. Maybe this is related?

Now I'm not saying it IS ...

fernand,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
lol... my old BBS handle was 'golden ears' (for all the audiophiles in the room)

Sat on my v3 for a few days waiting for a delivery, broke it in today.
Set it up for TCR of 180 and 22w on the eVic VTwin Mini.
Seems to work well, but burns through batteries!

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
Bummer, see that the link for FCers is still up, but shows out of stock. I'll have to live vicariously through videos for now. @divinetribe when can we expect to see more?
I will get 43 more in Tues and then hopefully 500 (250 white and 250 black) by oct 15th,

look forward to trying the cup you sent me @fernand

@Steven I am getting the holes made smaller that the donut wires go through and also having the air holes raised up to almost the level of the ceramic posts that hold the donut.. i will send you and anyone else a new cup when they come in.(hopeful oct 20th) i thought about the silicone or something to plug them but the donut heater near silicone worries me.

Some good news for my DC customers, I have TCd the DC on the rx200 with a TCR value of 369 in M1 mode at 350f

15th

also on the off gas testing for the V3
here is a copy and paste from the lab to me i got this week. I am getting ready to send it off.

"
Attached is a quote for the product testing.
As we discussed, the plan would be to connect the vaporizer via the mouthpiece to a sampling tube.
The vaporizer would be operated at settings specified by you, and we would draw air/vapor from the vaporizer onto a sorbent tube.
We would then analyze the sample for any volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and semivolatile organic compounds (SVOCs) that may be present.
This analytical approach is specifically for VOCs but can also characterize lower boiling point/molecular weight SVOCs.
We would then draw another sample onto a separate sorbent tube/cassette and send to our lab in Salt Lake City for analysis of metals.
There is a sample preparation fee of $300 on the quote –
That is to cover the time/labor of figuring out how to attach the vaporizer and troubleshoot the sampling procedure.
It may seem simple or straightforward, but in our experience, these kinds of projects end up being more complicated and time consuming than you would expect."

Last edited:

WKONE

I am getting the holes made smaller that the donut wires go through and also having the air holes raised up to almost the level of the ceramic posts that hold the donut.. i will send you and anyone else a new cup when they come in.(hopeful oct 20th)

Awesome! I'm going to order like 30 of the cups & donuts. I hate cleaning.

Steven

@divinetribe thanx in advanced for the cup. Even more so, thanx for continuing to improve the v3. I can see your concern with the silicone being so close to the donut. Maybe the silicon bushing doesn't need to go all the way flush to the top hole. Maybe only fill the bottom half of the lead hole. Idk just throwing out ideas. The smaller holes will help for sure, but I hope it's enough to stop leaks altogether.

Critronton

My battery just gave out. What is the smallest battery out with TC for a good price? Thanks in advance!

Critronton,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My battery just gave out. What is the smallest battery out with TC for a good price? Thanks in advance!

I love my Joytech Vtwo mini but the cuboid may be smaller?

So, I am back to using the V2.7 and feel it's much more efficient with my product than my monster V3. Anyone else feel the same? I am looking forward to a smaller V3.

Steven

I'd say the smallest temp Control mod out out that is suitable for the divine tribe donuts is the Joyetech eVic basic. It's the size of the mini volt but it has all the features of a evic mini or all other Joyetech mods alike. It's my mod of choice when I'm out and about. Cheapest I've seen them go for is $25 plus $5 shipping. That's from a Chinese retailer so it's probably is the cheapest but takes time for shipping. US retailers r going around $30 plus tax I think

Bad Ocelot

got one of those evic basics coming this week, excited to try it out with the 3.0, hopefully I'll be able to round up some good concentrates to break it in!

divinetribe said:
I am getting the holes made smaller that the donut wires go through and also having the air holes raised up to almost the level of the ceramic posts that hold the donut.. i will send you and anyone else a new cup when they come in.(hopeful oct 20th) i thought about the silicone or something to plug them but the donut heater near silicone worries me.

Awesome! definitely wanna snag one of those. Hopefully it'll be useful for those of us who take a few hits to clear a load.

divinetribe said:
Some good news for my DC customers, I have TCd the DC on the rx200 with a TCR value of 369 in M1 mode at 350f

15th

Double awesome!. Gonna try those settings out sometime this week!

Thanks for all you do Matt!

Last edited:
Bad Ocelot,

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
I love my Joytech Vtwo mini but the cuboid may be smaller?

So, I am back to using the V2.7 and feel it's much more efficient with my product than my monster V3. Anyone else feel the same? I am looking forward to a smaller V3.
I am looking forward to this smaller donut rebuild also, the large donut is just the beginning, I don't mind sending you a medium donut and cup to test while you are waiting.. hit me up on my email , I have one left to send you, I will get more in in two weeks that will have the new specifications for the airholes in the medium cups.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Ordered my V3...now the wait.
Are the settings the same on an cuboid for a v2.7 vs a V.3?

Just want to make sure I don't fuck things up out the box...whenever it arrives!

I've been waiting on this day for a while.

WakeAndVape,

clearlight

Me too. Excited about the 10mm donuts and about the higher resistance donuts too. They will be more economical on both medicine and battery life. I really enjoyed my high resistance 2.5 bases. They were 1.4s. They give more hits, but thinner hits per load. Good daytime sippers. They get small amounts up to temp more quickly but don't work as well with bigger amounts. But, they burn out more easily bc they use less power so you have to be a little more careful.

The 13mm donut on the V3 checks all the boxes for me- in the one hitter quitter category. But it's kinda overkill for use in the AM and for being at work, etc. With so much larger a donut, the V3 with 13mm is not designed to compete with the 2.5s from an economy standpoint. The V3 w 7mm or high-res 10, maybe. Thinking 10mm w medium or high resistance will be my favorite.

The 13mm is designed to blow your head off. Which it does. just got finished rockin dual 60s, on opposite sides of the donut. This fucker rips! deep and clean. Can get all of what's good out of that in 2 or 3 pulls. with no coughing, in tc, with no wick and no wire. That's awesome power to me. The 2.5s could never handle 120mg in a single go, as you all know.

WKONE

The 13mm donut on the V3 checks all the boxes for me- in the one hitter quitter category. But it's kinda overkill for use in the AM and for being at work, etc. With so much larger a donut, the V3 with 13mm is not designed to compete with the 2.5s from an economy standpoint. The V3 w 7mm or high-res 10, maybe. Thinking 10mm w medium or high resistance will be my favorite.

I'm thinking a smaller donut isn't the answer, but a leak-proof cup. That way you could throw a .3 on there in the morning and have enough to vape all day without having to worry about leak issues (besides keeping it upright until it cools down).

tharealmclovin

I'm thinking a smaller donut isn't the answer, but a leak-proof cup. That way you could throw a .3 on there in the morning and have enough to vape all day without having to worry about leak issues (besides keeping it upright until it cools down).

Problem I find with EVERY non layg is that you tend to heat the entire load at the beginning. This leave plenty of nasty reclaim to taint every hit after that. With that said, i do find myself over loading hoping to make it last. We need a happy medium. So far the V3 is filling that void for me. I think I am using mine differently than most. I load a fat bb and get like 10-15 medium hits after 1 initial monster hit.

fernand

@Critronton Not everyone loves the look, but I think the Pico is cute, small, uses a standard exchangeable 18650, and has worked well in TC mode for me. The downside is that it doesn't (yet?) display resistance changing as it heats up, which is only important if you're calculating your own TCR values. Maybe a firmware update will fix that.

I hate cleaning too. I was able to use a shallow bowl gen-u-ine Matt V2.5 with an alumina cup by rolling a loose stainless steel wire ball to hold the cup down in the bowl, and not get sucked up by the air flow. The low air inlets do cool the cup, so it takes more compensation than with the black unit on the table, whose air inlets can be seen right above the cup rim. But it 's workable.

One of the shown five dollar Storz und Bickel Liquid Pads unfolds into enough mesh to make a dozen spacer balls. It's a curiosity that the S&B SS pad is actually one single wire woven into something like a tube sock! The pyrex top is great for lookin' at what's cookin'. The silicone and latex adapter isn't purdy, but fits the water tool to a T.

20161003_204039_zpst7kjcyv5.jpg

As to the V3 vs the V2 size, some people like a shotgun, but some prefer a .22 with a suppressor ;)

Last edited:
fernand,
Top Bottom