Divination . . .

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I want to seriously reflect this off you guys cause I'm getting ready to do an experiment. I got turned on to something called the I Ching last night. Its an ancient form of Chinese divination that is so old that it's thought to go back to 1000 BC and before. Ancient. I had an experience as a teenager with a friend. She pulled out an OuiJa board and we began to ask it questions. To this day she swears she never moved the planchette, I know I wasn't doing it. Anyways the "spirit" or whatever was coming through that board didn't like us very much. We asked lots of stupid kid questions. When asked winning lotto numbers it would circle slowly off the board and when asked how they died it typed "f-i-r-e" and then flew across the room. We put it away after that and didn't tell anyone what happened.

I do not take this lightly. I have picked my 3 coins, selected from my hoard randomly, yet with mindful focused intention, and placed them in a black velvet pouch. They are from a special lot in my collection, dear to me, the butterfly is symbolic of course. I'm definitely gonna medicate and meditate before I cast my first hexagram later tonight. The reason I'm doing this is because I am at a point that I need an energy reflection, a more emotional yet intuitive approach. Some things can't be solved with logic. Even the "Magic 8 Ball" has a following.

So what do you guys think? Have any of you ventured into divination or magic of any kind? Any comments or guidance would be most welcome :peace:

^^^ Click for how to consult the I Ching ^^^

coinss.jpg

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

Curiousone

Not entirely sure how I feel about Divination, but I have a healthy enough respect to stay far away from OuiJa boards! I've seen enough to make me take the spirit world very seriously. To each his/her own, but tread lightly!

Curiousone,
Reactions: Vicki

Tweek

I grew up with a really superstitious Grandmother who saw ghosts and warned me of messing around with these things. So even though I don't really believe in any of it, I'd rather not push my luck. I've watched my share of paranormal activity :D

That being said, I believe Aleister Crowley was into this sort of thing....

Tweek,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I also grew up with a very superstitious grandmother who could read cards and predict the future. She came from the Carpathian mountain region of Romania.

You need to have a healthy respect for the type of "energy" that surrounds us. And the energy within us all needs to be used in a positive way (unlike Aleister Crowley).

The I Ching is a wonderful meditational tool and can help by giving great wisdom to those who will accept it. Good luck on your journey t-dub. :peace:

Tweek

Yeah, I should probably clarify that I wasn't insinuating that anyone with an interest in such things is evil. I just thought it was an interesting look into the darker side of that world. :rockon:

I believe William S Burroughs was also a member of some dark magic organization. Interesting stuff that I tread lightly with.

Tweek,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The I Ching is a lovely tool, with such a long history, and with philosophy so tightly woven in.

Any method of divination will work as well as any other... if it feels right for you. :)

Enchantre,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom