Ditanium vs Buddha vs Vaporbrothers

dtrdrk

Hey there,
im wondering if any of you have experience with the Ditanium and Buddha vapes first hand?
i want a whip desktop and these two are still on my list. The Ditanium is twice the price here in the eu.
so I’m wondering if it makes sense for me. Is it better? Or just prettier :)?
oh, and I’m also wondering how the classic vaporbrothers vb1 compares. Its lots cheaper than the
Ditanium and still visually appealing to me. I’m only vaping flower. I also don’t like to stir too much.
so if any of these (or another unit I have not learned about) needs less stirring than the others, please
let me know.

thanks a lot

dtrdrk,
Reactions: arb

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not familiar with the Ditanium but the VB is one of my favorites. I have both the manual and hands free.
The Da Buddha is also very nice, I have one which doesn't get used enough.
Both the VB and DB are very awesome.
My top preference is the non hands free VB; it's also the cheapest.

jeffp,

dtrdrk

Thanks guys. One thing I should have mentioned… I’m looking for something allowing for long sessions with minimal stirring. I microdose with a Vapcap and I’d love something to just fill up and be able to puff on for as long as possible with the least effort before going to bed. I need to get rid of that last joint I still smoke before bedtime :) Should I also consider the arizer extreme for this lazy approach? would the cyclone bowl help with having to steer less? and would the arizer offer a more hands free and longer lasting session? I did read comments from arizer users claiming to puff on a bowl for half an hour ( that would be perfect - I don’t mind efficiency too much in this case). Can units like the Buddha , Ditanium and Vapebrothers offer a similar experienice, or are they more geared towards very quick and heavy extraction?

dtrdrk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Stirring is very important and one of the reasons I prefer a non hands free vaporizer, it's just easier but it's not a big deal one way or the other.
Not to throw you a curve but if you're looking for a larger bowl type situation check out the Magic Flight Launch Box. I say this fully knowing this is miles away from what you're considering but... the trench that you load your bud into will require more than you'd put into these whip vapes and you will need to reload less. It's even recommended that you overfill the trench slightly. There's also no stirring but plenty of shaking.

hoptimum

Thanks guys. One thing I should have mentioned… I’m looking for something allowing for long sessions with minimal stirring. I microdose with a Vapcap and I’d love something to just fill up and be able to puff on for as long as possible with the least effort before going to bed. I need to get rid of that last joint I still smoke before bedtime :) Should I also consider the arizer extreme for this lazy approach? would the cyclone bowl help with having to steer less? and would the arizer offer a more hands free and longer lasting session? I did read comments from arizer users claiming to puff on a bowl for half an hour ( that would be perfect - I don’t mind efficiency too much in this case). Can units like the Buddha , Ditanium and Vapebrothers offer a similar experienice, or are they more geared towards very quick and heavy extraction?

IMO, the DBV, VB and Diatnium are all session vapes compared with a Vapcap. I get better results when I stir after every couple of hits. It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd recommend stirring.

I have an EQ, but I would not recommend it.

hoptimum,

badbee

You mention microdosing and long sessions which seems like a contradiction. If you are looking for lots of wispy hits you want an Arizer portable, the Solo is one of the best for that usage pattern. Desktops tend to give hard, heavy hits. Some are good for single hits like the Ditanium or WoodScents but still a fairly hard hit. I have to be careful with my Silver Surfer to not finish the whole thing in the first hit (it is ball modded which contributes to this). It's not a particularly efficient vape. One of the great things about the SSV is how easy it is to stir, sometimes I just tap it against the heel of my hand a few times and that shakes it up enough.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You mention microdosing and long sessions which seems like a contradiction. If you are looking for lots of wispy hits you want an Arizer portable, the Solo is one of the best for that usage pattern. Desktops tend to give hard, heavy hits. Some are good for single hits like the Ditanium or WoodScents but still a fairly hard hit. I have to be careful with my Silver Surfer to not finish the whole thing in the first hit (it is ball modded which contributes to this). It's not a particularly efficient vape. One of the great things about the SSV is how easy it is to stir, sometimes I just tap it against the heel of my hand a few times and that shakes it up enough.

Interesting observation about the SSV not being very efficient. I guess that's true, I do amass more ABV using it then other vapes.
What is "ball modded"?

jeffp,

badbee

Ball modding has been a trend recently. For mine it's 100 -150 3mm corundum (ruby) balls poured into the glass heating cover so they sit between the ceramic heater core and the glass and held with a custom made SS screen. They act as a heat sink\source so you can take long hard draws without the temp dropping. It takes the unit a little longer, in theory, to return to stable temp but that isn't something you really notice. I didn't love the SSV without the mod but then I bought it used with the intention of mod'ing so that probably biases my opinion a little.

I typically use 0.2 to 0.3 g during an SSV session where I can use as little as 0.15 g in other vapes for a session that is almost as effective. It tastes and works great but blows through the stash.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

First, I don’t own any of the 3 listed.
But, like you I wanted longer, relaxed sessions with a whip, didn’t have anything that was WHIP based. So I read up on the Arizer EQ, and the DDave mods that make it better. For $118.00, it seemed cheap enough to try. I don’t use balloons, but you can, as well. While the 3 listed are probably better quality, I just wanted to try something for less money as I have plenty of other vape devices. My NV WeedEater is my most powerful convection vape, I don’t use it often as it’s setup for glass rigs. So I won’t go into a full review, the heater and fan assist are great, but since you need to heat up all the glass first, there is more conduction going on then people think, if you leave the load bowl on for long periods of time, in fact there are instructions for using the bowl for a slow decarb of your flower, so it’s a slow roast.
I’m enjoying for the price point, amazing this is still on the market considering how old it is.

Besides my WeedEater, the Tinymight is my king for true CONVECTION. Heat is close to on demand, then after your drag, the heat is off, and a small device like the TM doesn’t hold any heat. The EQ is fun, comes with a bunch of stuff, and is nice and CHEAP.

Good luck on your hunt!

dtrdrk

Thanks guys, appreciate the input. Yes, Im looking for longer sessions. Not microdosing - sorry if I was unclear. Im looking for lots of hits instead of super strong ones. I want something relaxed to puff on without having to reload all the time and be involved too much. I use my vapcap for that purpose. Cheers!

dtrdrk,

howie105

You have two conflicting desires, large capacity and not wanting to stir. As close as I can get to that is the Plenty, it has a broad oven (even cooking) and a variable load capacity (1 g down to .1 g) however to maximize efficiency stirring is still an option.

dtrdrk

You have two conflicting desires, large capacity and not wanting to stir. As close as I can get to that is the Plenty, it has a broad oven (even cooking) and a variable load capacity (1 g down to .1 g) however to maximize efficiency stirring is still an option.
Yes, you are very right sir - I was hoping that maybe I could get away with the cyclone bowl stirring for me. But i guess it won’t. So stirring it is:)
im still gravitating towards the arizer as the 7thfloor products seem to be geared more towards fast extraction? And that horizontal whip connection on Buddha, ssv and the Ditanium seems prone to slip out? That would make any unit pointless for my situation. I really do not want to have to hold the whip to the unit and I read contradicting reports on this.… whats your guys experience regarding the whip slipping out? Thanks!

dtrdrk,

howie105

The LSV from 7th Floor/ELEV8 is one of my favorite small to large capacity (.07 g to 1 g) vapes that I don't mind stirring to use. Shown with a stem, but works equally well with a whip. Also, there are "hands free" clips available for the Silver Surfer https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/hands-free-attachment/ that can be used to lock whips in place, but it's never been a necessity for my kit. So taking another look at the 7th Floor/ELEV8 might be worth another look if you are willing to stir.

howie105,
Reactions: Chainfish

CANtalk

A few other desktop options come to mind for large capacity and no stirring. The Underdog Alpha Dog, which is a log vape, and the VapeXhale EVO which can be set up with a whip, dry mouthpiece or hydratube. The EVO is very flexible and it uses ELB baskets, so it's easy to get large vaping capacity (set up 2+ ELBs, or really any number for vaping) and slowly puff away with no stirring (load the large 0.3 gram capacity basket ~2/3rds full... or less). There are funnel style ELB loading tools available, plus a 4 ELB loading tray as well, which make ELB loading a breeze. The EVO is excellent in both macrodosing and microdosing too (since you mentioned u do both @dtrdrk), in amounts down to 0.015 grams.

The Volcano vape has large capacity as well, with no stirring is needed (slowly puff away on whatever bag you fill). Even a plugged in Mighty may be an option; I have a friend who loves to sip their Mighty vape at home (both have hybrid heating).

Look around carefully and see what vape appeals to you and fits your wants, needs and situation best. I too was interested in the Da Buddha and Ditanium when looking for a desktop. Lots of good options out there. Good luck.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,

hoptimum

The LSV from 7th Floor/ELEV8 is one of my favorite small to large capacity (.07 g to 1 g) vapes that I don't mind stirring to use. Shown with a stem, but works equally well with a whip. Also, there are "hands free" clips available for the Silver Surfer https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/hands-free-attachment/ that can be used to lock whips in place, but it's never been a necessity for my kit. So taking another look at the 7th Floor/ELEV8 might be worth another look if you are willing to stir.
What’s that stem?

hoptimum,

daoist

If you go convection, you just always have to stir, thats how it works but your session can last long. If you don't like stirring buy a conduction or hybrid.

I have experience with the Arizer EQ. That thing works great for long sessions, you stil have to stir every 2 or 3 hits though.
I would go for an EQ.

Here is an episode of the troy and jerry show about the Arizer EQ. And another about the Ditanium. So they talk about it and do a little comparison. If you are interested in one of these vapes it definately is worth watching to see what they have to say..

daoist,
Reactions: hoptimum

howie105

What’s that stem?
It's a generic China glass 18 mm male stem covered with red O-rings and capped with E-Nano glow in the dark collar. It's one of my oldest and most dropped stems, that I haven't broken yet.

Last edited:
howie105,
Reactions: hoptimum

Texus

Large capacity and don't want to stir huh?

Put a hose apapter on a VapBong. I fill those huge balls to the brim and rarely if ever stir. Or since it is a ball, YOU can plug the open end with your thumb and give it a quick shake.

Texus,

hoptimum

It's a generic China glass 18 mm male stem covered with red O-rings and capped with E-Nano glow in the dark collar. It's one of my oldest and most dropped stems, that I haven't broken yet.
Do you happen to have a link? My LSV could use a new stem like that

hoptimum,

dtrdrk

Hey there, thanks for all the replies. Gosh I forgot about this thread :) I ended up getting the arizer and I could not be happier. Does exactly what I wanted it to do. When i pack a big bowl it lasts me for 20-30 minutes and with the right breathing technique the cyclone bowl really does not need much stirring. Just whish it was prettier :) but it does not look as bad as I expected it to… I have not combusted since I got it!

Top Bottom