• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dispensary vs LPs (Canadian Licensed Producers)

Mainoffender

New to the program but have been with Tilray for 3 months and very satisfied with their product so far. Have tried about a dozen strains so far and only one came slightly off (the White Widow was a bit dry). There prices are high but overnight delivery to Ontario is impressive. Hate their packaging but they say it'll be changing shortly. Their Island Sweet Skunk is my current favourite.

Mainoffender,
Reactions: poonman

biohacker

i was waiting to here how you liked tilray biohacker , im in the process of renewing myself gonna get a 150 dollar credit for signing with them again :brow: .

Wow that's awesome! Must be based on prescription?

wait till you try some of those 30 % strains they just seem to keep vaping and vaping lol never seems to end . i always stop before its actually spent and the abv still feels oily :D

I know! And the effects are very noticeable!! And last longer!

only one came slightly off (the White Widow was a bit dry)

I find that ALL my strains were super dry....threw them in mason jars with 62% bovedas but i'm not sure if there is much difference now. Not very strong aromas like i'm used to, but mild and sutble smell.

There prices are high but overnight delivery to Ontario is impressive

3 days to Toronto! Apparently there was some weather at hamilton airport...maybe gof who knows. Plus it's xmas everything is a crawl.

Hate their packaging but they say it'll be changing shortly.

Yeah not a fan at all, but the plastic containers for the blends I love! Wish they just used those for 5g increments, I think they would preserve the buds well.

Island Sweet Skunk is my current favourite.

One of the only strains that actually has a stronger aroma!

Tilay is awesome, and i'm glad to have them as an LP, but damn I just ordered some really nice quality BC buds for ALOT cheaper!

biohacker,

poonman

I was with Mettrum , their prices were so-so .
Mostly 9.60 / g and sold in 15 g increments , with no price
discount for larger purchases either . The last indica strain
I got was pretty decent . They're getting better , but may go
with Tweed next .

LP's are never my ' Go to ' places .
They just provide me with a Legal License until
the Laws are changed .

My favorite walk-in dispensary is still CALM
in Toronto . They have top-shelf buds , period .
Although , they just added some 280 / oz strains
to their menu . It used to be 250 / oz as max. price .

Which brings me to my next question and link ...
Have you noticed a price increase with your dispensaries ?

My go to mail order vendor has been UrbanEarthMedicine
for the past while . They used to have 220 / oz , but has
increased it to 260 / oz . But they have a 20 % discount
on Mondays and Thursdays orders , which helps . They still
have some strains for 220 tho .

It just seems the price swing is going up and Not lower .
Even with the loom of legalization and the market ' may '
be flooded with suppliers . You figure there would be
competitive prices out there to garner more members .

here's that link ,
anyone in BC tried these guys ?
http://www.urbanearthmed.com/menu/

Sasquatch_Jr

Island Sweet Skunk is my current favourite.
If you like Island Sweet Skunk try to track down "Breeder Steve" Sweet Skunk. It's the true clone only Sweet Skunk from Vancouver Island that Island Sweet Skunk is a commercial knock off of. Stinks like nothing you can imagine. I once had on ounce of it in my jacket pocket on the SkyTrain. It's not uncommon for the SkyTrain to smell but this was so strong people were looking in my general direction and grinning. No one suspected the 30 something yuppie though!

http://www.hightimes.com/read/grow-canada-sweet-skunk

Which brings me to my next question and link ...
Have you noticed a price increase with your dispensaries ?

Prices went up at most Vancouver dispensaries maybe 8 months ago. Used to be $25-30 for an eighth of decent stuff. Now it's $30-40 with $35 being the new normal. Not entirely sure why but it may be related to the city stepping in to regulate them. They had a ton of hoops put in front of them to meet city requirements and building codes if they wanted to go semi-legit and I think that may have pushed up their operating costs a bit. A bunch of them charge GST now as well.

anyone in BC tried these guys ?
http://www.urbanearthmed.com/menu/

Never tried them but they have a reputation for being pretty middle of the road. Not terrible but not amazing. Prices look decent but I typically don't trust the quality at places that don't advertise who the growers are. MPN has a great rep and does mail order. I mentioned a few other places on the last page that along with MPN are the top places for quality. Not 100% sure if they all do mail order or not.

Feel free to ask about other dispensaries in town. I've tried maybe 15 over the years and have a pretty good feel on who's worthwhile.

poonman

MPN has some nice prices for shatter and rosin .
I like to join , just for that alone . Couldn't find their
mail order charge to Toronto tho . But should be standard
15 - 25 bucks . Thanx for the link .

Sasquatch_Jr

MPN has some nice prices for shatter and rosin .
I like to join , just for that alone . Couldn't find their
mail order charge to Toronto tho . But should be standard
15 - 25 bucks . Thanx for the link .
Been meaning to swing by their shop for a few years. Maybe over my holiday break.

I have bought from their booth at the Vancouver 4/20 farmer's market. Always high quality. Friendly guys too.

EDIT:
I should also add that MPN is one of the first 11 of shops to get the seal of approval from the city. This means they aren't going to have to close or find another landlord ballsy enough to rent to an illegal pot store in a few months when the regulations are enforced.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Have you guys tried the mail order services from any of the Vancouver brick and mortar dispensaries? I can't comment on any of them from the prospective of a mail order customer but as an in person member of about 10 Vancouver dispensaries I'm cringing reading about irradiated and pre-groud bud from some of these LPs. Most of the 100+ dispensaries here won't be any better than an LP but if you know where to look you can find some of the highest quality bud on the planet for reasonable prices.

The top 3 in terms of quality are probably Sunrise, MPN, and The Healing Centre. Sunrise has been my primary supplier for the last year or so and I couldn't be happier with the quality and customer service. Nearly all of their products are small batch, organic and grown by some of the top growers in BC. I have an in person membership so I can't comment on their mail order services but even if they give you the B grade buds it will blow away irradiated or pre-ground garbage. The employees also know their shit. They can intelligently answer just about any question about how their products are grown and processed. I have never shopped at MPN or THC as they are a PITA to get to from my house but from what I know of them they have a similar level of product and customer service.

The Healing Center is pretty much the only place I go to In Vancouver. Sunrise is my second go to but they are not compassionate like THC. The Healing Center has the best product for the best prices hands down. The owners show me so much compassion, they hook me up with crazy deals. I walked out with 9 grams of AAAA organic top shelf for what most ppl would pay for an eighth the other day. When I finish cancer treatments they reward we with free product. It is worth the trip!!! Anybody in Van that's interested can PM me for more info.

Mainoffender

sasquatch_jr I didn't know about the variations of Island Sweet Skunk. We could only dream about all this variety (and quality) back in the 60's and 70's where I lived. I love Tilrays Jack Herer too. New to sativas and loving all I've tried so far. Thinking about trying a Compassion club but getting downtown is impossible for me. The ones you guys are suggesting offer mail order so I think I'll join one in the new year. Haven't tried concentrates in years and the quality of them looks top notch. So thanks for all your suggestions.

Mainoffender,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Has anyone ever tried medpotnow? They are a dispensary in bc that does mail order and they look like they have some nice stuff. Lots of lab tested nugs and photos are available. Not the cheapest but the buds look nice.

I have never ordered from them though, I just use CALM for my dispensary needs. Although they aren't the cheapest out there either especially now with their 280/ozs.

Additionally how about Vancouver dispensary society. They list all their buds by the grower or coop that grew them. The prices are reasonable and the buds look fire. I know someone who uses these guys regularly and he used to review their buds so I always got a good idea of what was available. The only thing with these guys is they want our original medical document and they will contact your doctor to verify its legitimacy.

The same goes for TORONTO COMPASSION CLUB. My good friend was with them for a few years and their edibles were amazing as well as their buds were top shelf. I don't know why nobody talks about these guys much, I'm not sure how they are now, it's been a few years since I have used their services.

mikek9,

poonman

Has anyone ever tried medpotnow? They are a dispensary in bc that does mail order and they look like they have some nice stuff. Lots of lab tested nugs and photos are available. Not the cheapest but the buds look nice.

I have never ordered from them though, I just use CALM for my dispensary needs. Although they aren't the cheapest out there either especially now with their 280/ozs.

Additionally how about Vancouver dispensary society. They list all their buds by the grower or coop that grew them. The prices are reasonable and the buds look fire. I know someone who uses these guys regularly and he used to review their buds so I always got a good idea of what was available. The only thing with these guys is they want our original medical document and they will contact your doctor to verify its legitimacy.

The same goes for TORONTO COMPASSION CLUB. My good friend was with them for a few years and their edibles were amazing as well as their buds were top shelf. I don't know why nobody talks about these guys much, I'm not sure how they are now, it's been a few years since I have used their services.

We just talked about MPN a few posts above .
I agree and will make contact myself .
My license just expired , but maybe they'll still
let me join while in transition from Mettrum to another LP .

If they'll agree to do biz. with me , great .
If not , I'll take my biz. elsewhere .
In Ontario , they're trying to mitigate and differentiate
between Med. MJ and Rec. MJ . That should be interesting .

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
We just talked about MPN a few posts above .
I agree and will make contact myself .
My license just expired , but maybe they'll still
let me join while in transition from Mettrum to another LP .

If they'll agree to do biz. with me , great .
If not , I'll take my biz. elsewhere .
In Ontario , they're trying to mitigate and differentiate
between Med. MJ and Rec. MJ . That should be interesting .

You know, I should of know MPN stood for medpotnow.

However, I forget, but on the CALM forums there is a story about medpotnow and it isn't a good one from what I remember.

Ok just read it apparently it has to do with medpotnow apparently reporting other dispensaries in violation of Vancouver city laws for their benefit.

theCerberus

What do you guys think of Lift? Right now I'm finding it completely untrustworthy.
It seems that positive reviews get awarded with "points" that can be used as real money for cannabis at participating LPs.
I find lots of strains that I know are produced wrong in the LP system, but I never see anyone saying it over on that review site but me.
Either these people are completely ignorant of high quality cannabis or they are paid shills.
I have never been awarded lift points and I have mainly posted negative reviews because most of LP system sucks, its quite low quality stuff from the majority of them.
But from an outsider looking in the Lift site makes it seem like the LP system is banging out top-shelf from every LP.
I'm curious what this community's take is on MMPR and Lift since I think we've got some pretty high standards on this board.

Going through their reviews of the week there is not a single one with a negative review.

https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/02/07/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-30-feb-5/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/31/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-23-jan-29/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/24/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-16-jan-22/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/17/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-10-jan-15/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/10/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-3-jan-9/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/03/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-dec-27-jan-2/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2015/12/27/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-dec-20-dec-26/

Odd. Even if you read lift reviews of the week for 7 weeks in a row you'd never come across a single negative review. Now thats just plain easy to see extreme bias. I bet I could go back further and not find a single negative review in their highlights section. Lift seems to think a quality review means a positive review. IMO their credibility is lost since I cant find a single example of when they have rewarded or highlighted a quality negative review.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
What do you guys think of Lift? Right now I'm finding it completely untrustworthy.
It seems that positive reviews get awarded with "points" that can be used as real money for cannabis at participating LPs.
I find lots of strains that I know are produced wrong in the LP system, but I never see anyone saying it over on that review site but me.
Either these people are completely ignorant of high quality cannabis or they are paid shills.
I have never been awarded lift points and I have mainly posted negative reviews because most of LP system sucks, its quite low quality stuff from the majority of them.
But from an outsider looking in the Lift site makes it seem like the LP system is banging out top-shelf from every LP.
I'm curious what this community's take is on MMPR and Lift since I think we've got some pretty high standards on this board.

Going through their reviews of the week there is not a single one with a negative review.

https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/02/07/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-30-feb-5/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/31/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-23-jan-29/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/24/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-16-jan-22/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/17/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-10-jan-15/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/10/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-jan-3-jan-9/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2016/01/03/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-dec-27-jan-2/
https://news.liftcannabis.ca/2015/12/27/mmpr-strain-reviews-of-the-week-dec-20-dec-26/

Odd. Even if you read lift reviews of the week for 7 weeks in a row you'd never come across a single negative review. Now thats just plain easy to see extreme bias. I bet I could go back further and not find a single negative review in their highlights section. Lift seems to think a quality review means a positive review. IMO their credibility is lost since I cant find a single example of when they have rewarded or highlighted a quality negative review.

I use Lift for mainly one reason, I write a review of every bottle I get from my LP to get discounts on my future purchases. I have done about 60 reviews and you get $5 worth of points for a complete review. So far I have received $300+ in free cannabis from Tweed as a result of writing lift reviews, which only take about 10 minutes each.

In terms of how trustworthy the majority of the reviews are? I myself am highly skeptical of most of the reviews out there. I think a lot of people rate it based on how well it does for their symptoms. I have seen 5 star reviews where the reviewers claim the smoke was harsh, that shouldn't be 5 star then. and so on.

I think a lot of lift.ca users are new cannabis users so you have to take their experiences for what they are - first time experiences without much basis for comparison.

I also don't recall ever seeing a negative review in the reviews of the week category. I somehow suspect Lift of being a way for LPs to circumvent the no advertising policies of health Canada.

killick

But I like it!
A friend works for the owners of www.auroramj.com. they are just getting their stock together but their pricing looks a bit more reasonable than other LPs out there. I'm using MedReleaf at present. They are adequate, outside of random and consistent product outages...

theCerberus

I have membership with Aurora. I really like the Lemon Sour Diesel strain. But the Kosher Kush was uncured and gross, but they actually pulled it off the shelf, so they seem like a pretty cool company. High standards.

I also don't recall ever seeing a negative review in the reviews of the week category. I somehow suspect Lift of being a way for LPs to circumvent the no advertising policies of health Canada.

Yes, I also suspect Lift acts as advertisement for LPs.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

weenstoned

Pretty sure Aurora is supposed to be coming with a 25% CBD strain soon which almost makes me want to join the MMPR.

Also Lift are definitely MMPR shills. Their instagram is just reposting pictures that other users have taken of LP bud. Also they post a lot of pro-LP/anti-dispensary articles on the Canada Cannabis subreddit r/canadients

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Pretty sure Aurora is supposed to be coming with a 25% CBD strain soon which almost makes me want to join the MMPR.

Also Lift are definitely MMPR shills. Their instagram is just reposting pictures that other users have taken of LP bud. Also they post a lot of pro-LP/anti-dispensary articles on the Canada Cannabis subreddit r/canadients

I don't know if I have read specifically anything anti dispensary from them. I read all their articles and all the reviews on the site daily. They might have covered some stories in the past where LPs or health Canada have spoken out against dispensaries, but I don't think their position has ever been for or against them. They are certainly lpro LP though because their review system is strictly for LP cannabis and much of their site is dedicated to LPs. They also started opening clinics throughout Canada, I think the first and only right now is in Brampton, Ontario, with doctors that prescribe cannabis.

Also, they have a dispensaries section on their site. Helping you locate one within your locale.

mikek9,

weenstoned

I guess I should have been slightly more specific, they are also shills for the group of dispensaries that belong to the CAMCD who they also seem to be linked to. Not saying lift is some evil organization, but maybe they're not benevolent either.

weenstoned,

poonman

The fact that lift.ca does Not have any negative reviews , is quite
the tell-tale sign . I can understand why some would take advantage
of the ' free ' reward cannabis , just for writing a review .

Heck , I may do that with Maricann , when I join next week .
But only if I can do it anonymously , don't want my reputation ruined ...

poonman,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Heck , I may do that with Maricann , when I join next week .
But only if I can do it anonymously , don't want my reputation ruined ...

You don't have to write a positive review to be awarded lift points. You just have to meet their criteria which includes things like having a rating, subject, 150 words, batch info, accompanying pictures and etc.

You can write a scathing review and as long as you meet all their criteria you will be awarded a high quality review badge and the 500 lift points which is worth $5.

I would do it for every strain you order. I think they allow one review per container. You could even order 3x 5g containers and write a review for each one rather than order one 15g container. It also doesn't matter how many times you reviews a strain. Each time you order you can review so if you keep ordering the same strain each time you can keep reviewing it even if it's the same batch which I think is fair.

I don't regret getting over $300 of free cannabis from Tweed so far for writing my reviews.

Last edited:
mikek9,
Top Bottom