Dirty buds/abv

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkytofus

so my friend, i know he dont wash his hands often, works in construction and all, touches toilets, etc... and i know he didn't wash his hands and gave me a bud or two to try

does cooking the abv with oil kill most of the germs/bacteria/viruses?
does vaping the herbs kill most of the germs/bacteria/viruses?

sounds silly but yea... lol

DrNick420

This is an interesting question i have actually never thought of before.

I don't know enough biology or chemistry to know if anything possibly nasty would survive those temperatures.

If I was you i would probably use a carbon filter and a bong to vape thru at high temp and hope for the best, wish i could offer a more helpful advice...

DrNick420,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
does cooking the abv with oil kill most of the germs/bacteria/viruses?
does vaping the herbs kill most of the germs/bacteria/viruses?

sounds silly but yea... lol

Not silly at all matey. What happens is the heat causes the bacteria to leave at the first chance & escape. Unfortunately that escape is into your lungs where the bacteria & fecal matter settle into their warm, moist home & start reproducing. Usually they get expelled but sometimes a few get "caught up" & hang around causing issues. Not much can be done now but if you start feeling scratchy & other irritation in your lungs seek medical help STAT.

Early signs of infection is if people start telling you your breath stinks like shit :2c:.

Stevenski,

DrNick420

Not silly at all matey. What happens is the heat causes the bacteria to leave at the first chance & escape. Unfortunately that escape is into your lungs where the bacteria & fecal matter settle into their warm, moist home & start reproducing. Usually they get expelled but sometimes a few get "caught up" & hang around causing issues. Not much can be done now but if you start feeling scratchy & other irritation in your lungs seek medical help STAT.

Early signs of infection is if people start telling you your breath stinks like shit :2c:.

This is a good point,

half of me says it's nothing to worry too much about unless you think he is unwell medically or the buds actually made contact with foul material, because me and the majority of this site probably have smoked weed for decades before we got into vaping, and well if you had some bacteria from someones dirty fingers, i would think there' a better chance it gets exterminated and not into your body if a flame hits it directly.

Half of me says if you have any worry then dont do it.

In the end I still don't have a good suggestion for a safe way to use it. Maybe rosin it and then wash/rehash it a bunch more times.

DrNick420,

HighSeasSailor

I doubt it would be remotely dangerous.

I haven't done lab cultures, but a vaporizer must practically sterilize the oven contents. The temperatures commonly used for moderate to high temp vaping are in excess of temps used for common sterilization, so even if it's a short duration I expect the removal of life to be near complete. If it truly concerns you, grind it up and offer it to guests who enjoy combusting to partake of when they visit, certainly nothing will survive fire.

But more to the point, the odds are quite low that there would be significant transfer of contagious microorganisms from his hands to the bud then to your lungs via heated inhalation through a device. There's a much greater risk of contagion from shared mouthpieces, and that's common practice that nobody questions.

If there were a risk, it would be chemical. Just how dirty is this fellow? Did he have, say, diesel on his hands as he handled your cannabis? If so, I would be unhappy about that and throw it out. If not, I'd be more concerned that the plant was sprayed with pesticides, which is to say, not very.

Or if it just grosses you out, throw it out and next time you see him tell him that was some good shit right there. Certainly if you think he doesn't wash after wiping his ass I wouldn't want to hit it.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I agree that there is little to worry about here with regards you your health.

We are all getting to clean lately, a few germs never hurt anyone (apart from the countless millions killed by virus' and bacteria), but I'm sure a slightly pissy bud will not spell the end for you...

Everytime you smell a fart, or dog poo, or human poo, you are inhaling poo particles. These dont take up residence in your lungs and multiply....

I would prefer not to use a bud that is contaminated with urine and fecal matter...

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I think we can all be clear on this. Contaminated cannabis is not desirable in any way shape or form. It is also unlikely to harm you if it is a human contamination. We ingest so many contaminants daily the risk does not even register with me as to if someone contaminated my weed along the way. Just enjoy your weed.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yes, enjoy your wee - d.....

Look how high are standard's are now.....

15 years ago I was smoking some rotten soap bar, almost certainly containing fecal matter, and god knows what else.....

And I was smoking it through a communal bong that lived in a bush with sludge for water and home to slugs and other nature ...

I'm still alive......

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Reminds me of when I saw someone making charas, some dude in a field rubbing his hands on plants til they were black, then rubbing the shit into a ball for smoking....yum....Any guesses on the ratio of cannabis to skin cells lol?

GuyLeDuche,
Reactions: kellya86

stinkytofus

the main concern is i will be cooking the abv soon, once i hit around 15-20gs, turning it into edibles

stinkytofus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom