Different temperatures (again)

peterchen

Hey,
I know this has been discussed, but I dont recall whether anyone actually shared first-hand experience.
As a reminder (from wikipedia): "The aromatic terpenoids begin to vaporize at 126C, but the more bio-active cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabinol (CBN), and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) do not vaporize until near their respective flash points:
CBD 206.3C,[6] CBN 212.7C,[7]and THC 149.3C.[8]"

If I vape an elbow pack with my EQ I start off at 190 C, which would mean the temperature of the air going through the elbow should only vaporize THC and not CBD, CBN; I later (sometimes the next day) turn up the temp to 210 C.
However, I dont feel a difference between those temps, does anyone of you?
Maybe, 210 C is not enough for CBD considering the distance between the heating element and the elbow. That is, I might feel a difference between 190 C and 220 C; guess I should try someday. Anyways, whats your experience?

peterchen,
Greetings,

I am vaping some nice outdoor, in my extreme Q at 220C at this moment. I have read somewhere (don't ask me where) and it makes sense that there will be a difference in temperature between the heating element and the herb. I would vape at 215C lowest to ensure I do get the CBDs.

My take on the 220C: The taste of the herb is quite burned, but my throat can still handle it with ease. So I always start low and work my way up to 220C to take the most out of my sessions.

johnnyBgreen,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I use the extreme Q through a bong as well.

I usually start a little lower and work my way up to 215-220, but I actually do tell quite a difference in my body high or "stoned feeling" when I vape at higher/smokier temps.

If i vape around 190 or less It is a loooot more clear headed and less "stoney". vaping higher temps almost makes me tired, thats why I do it later in the night.

MarcellusWiley,

technique

I dont have an EQ but i believe the elbow pack method would be hotter at the same temp compared to a normal bowl.

More importantly the temp shown is not the temp your vaping the bud at just a rough guide.

technique,
Top Bottom