Did you like vapes from the beginning or was it a process?

warren79

I for 1, am saving up for my 1st vape very soon. In the mean time I've given the Lightbulb another chance over the last few days - the high is different as everyone knows but sometimes I don't like it.

I vaped 1.5g of shwag (1st time I vaped this much) last night over the period of roughly just over an hour (was busy with other stuff in between)......Now shwag is known for its body high but what I felt was like a half stoned feeling. Very "mental" high but it was like half of the effects were missing. I kept the AVB for cookies(I ALWAYS use shwag for cookies and love the effect - never used dank for eating yet and never used AVB for eating either).

My conclusion is that,vaping gives you the head high, while cooking the AVB gives the body high(I heard). I like the combination of the 2 though. I like to get the mental and the physical effects combined. The head high is worth it because my lungs are thanking me but it sometimes feels like it comes in waves and other times it just feels plain INCOMPLETE - 1 minute I feel high, the next Im fine, then high again,etc.....I hope I get to love it like you guys.

My questions are :

1. how does the high from eating AVB feel?

2. Did some of you guys hate vaping before but loved it as you progressed and learned a good technique?

warren79,

djonkoman

the high from ABV depends on what the original product was and how far it's been vaped(I don't know how schwag turns out since I've never had or seen schwag, not available around here)
for me it wasn't a process, my very first vape experience I was sold(with a testtube and a candle wich gave no visible vapor but did give a delicious taste and a really minsdfucking headhigh, but not strong since it wasn't much)
but that's because I;ve always liked headhighs more and disliked couchlock indica-effects, the one time I made ediles with only AVB in it wasn't a succes for me(spend the whole night very sleepy in a chair apathically looking at the tv, but some of my friends did have a very good and strong high from it)

but it is possible to get a more bodyhigh from vaping, if you vape at hotter temps

djonkoman,

warren79

Thanks for the reply.

I realized since we are vaping the THC, the AVB edibles should theaoretically give couchlock effect with zero headhigh....wonder if ill like it.

Im already sold on vapes but not sure if Id still smoke after owning my own. Also the Lightbulb method doesn't creat much vapour, when I exhale I don't see anything at all but I definitly taste it and feel it a few minutes later. The shwag I had last night was VERY minty - I never tasted it like this before.

warren79,

Nycdeisel

To the title: I always 'liked' vaporizing, but still mainly smoked for a while, combined with vaporizing. I almost never smoke now.
Eventually I started to smoke less and less and vape more and more.

Eating ABV how? Different types of foods can produce slightly different effects.
Edibles in general give more of a body stone anyway, but making it with AVB will probably reduce some of the head high.

Nycdeisel,

ErbsMan

Il be honest here,
My first vape was the Vapir Vapormatic Delux and for the first week of vaping i hated it.
If this was down to my nicoteen craving (which was now strong due to me not smoking
the joints with it in) OR the fact that the vmd is a shyte vape i dont know.

As soon as I got over that craving and had used the VMD for a month i was liking vaping more and more, which lead me to sell the unit and but a vapor bros. Thats when i fell in love with vaping,

I just love coming home haivng a vape and feeling like theres headlights in my eyesockets, instead of that drouzy high. I was also forced to smoke last week due to my lazyness and not wanting to maintain a vape at a party, which i absolutely hated.

Long story cut short, I didnt like bag vaping, rather direct draw. Its more like a bong hit which i love.
I guess you should try a different vape? Or just stop smoking for a week and then try a vape?

ErbsMan,

SmokingElectricity

I fell in love with vaping the minute i saw john doe do vapor bongs with his DBV. Had to have one. Sometimes it might be a bit frustrating the first couple uses until you get over the learning curve, once i did i never looked back at combustion.

As for ABV, alone it makes me just sleepy, combined with vape... all nighter couch lock.

SmokingElectricity,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The first time I tried vapor, I didn't see the big deal. My son brought over his hot box for me to try in an attempt to convert me. Tried it twice and didn't see any merit in it at all. Didn't like the high, didn't like the method, took too long... :hmm: A few months later, with the realization that my coughing had become a serious problem, I was faced with quitting or finding an alternative method. Well....quitting certainly isn't an option... :lol:
So I gave it another chance and borrowed the hot box for a few months. Two days in and I wasn't so sure and blazed up....yuk!!! I realized I no longer enjoyed smoking...AT ALL. It's been a year now and I've only combusted three times since; every time only a couple tokes before I said no thanks. Afterwards, my chest would hurt and I would be coughing again. I'm all vapor now and think I would probably go without rather than combust. My cough is almost gone and when I do cough, it is a "normal" cough, rather than the croup like cough I had previously.
The only problem I have now is that I have become a vaporizer addict and want them all....... :p

momofthegoons,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
My first MaryJ experience was with a vape, (I wouldn't settle for less), no joke. I wanted to be as healthy as possible the first time I vaped. I just remember feeling really relaxed, and the whole "high" thing was new. At the time it wasn't as mentally addictive as it is now to me, but I definitely liked vapes from the beginning, except one time combusted cuz the vape was too hot. :/

Elluzion,

Nosferatu

Elluzion said:
My first MaryJ experience was with a vape, (I wouldn't settle for less), no joke. I wanted to be as healthy as possible the first time I vaped. I just remember feeling really relaxed, and the whole "high" thing was new. At the time it wasn't as mentally addictive as it is now to me, but I definitely liked vapes from the beginning, except one time combusted cuz the vape was too hot. :/

Damn so have you never actually combusted like out of a pipe or bong?

To OP: Most people have the same problem as you at first, you'll get the hang of it and never look back. Get a big hitter like the Da Buddha Vaporizer, that thing has converted many smokers. No offence, but a light bulb vape isn't the best way to judge what vapor has to offer.

Nosferatu,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
masbanji92 said:
Elluzion said:

Damn so have you never actually combusted like out of a pipe or bong?

Well, after the first summer that I tried vaping I took my first combustion hit out of a waterfall bong. After 4 hits, I think I held them in too long, and I actually blacked out numerous times. It was one of the most scary experiences of my life. I hate combustion for that very reason. The smoke takes over the oxygen and I guess I didn't have enough. I lost braincells that night, makes me mad. Now, I rarely combust, and if I ever do, I don't hold the hits in at all, for fear of my past experiences.

Vaping is amazing though because you can hold the hits in as long as you want and it actually tastes and feels better. The high is more "clear". With combustion, i have gotten to the SNOWY high, where everythings shaking. and that is some scary shit! why would I ever want to be that high??? its ridiculous. Vaporize all the way m8

Elluzion,

max

Out to lunch
the high is different as everyone knows but sometimes I don't like it.
It's a cleaner, more authentic cannabis high. The effects you're missing with vapor aren't really from the plant, but from the smoke. And you can approach the smoke high with high temperature vaping too. The nice thing about vapor is that you can tailor your effects by using different temps. But your "body high" is largely due to smoke byproducts (toxic ones) like carbon monoxide and benzene.

If you want to give vaping an honest evaluation, do what others are saying here, and go with vapor 100% for a while. You may find you don't want to smoke anymore. Others are fine with mixing smoke and vapor, depending on what effect they're seeking. But you won't truly appreciate vapor unless you go strictly with vapor for about a week or so, depending on how much or how often you partake.

max,

Beezleb

I believe the majority of the people I have introduced vaping likes it. Not everyone takes it up. Some do, some dont, most partially do. I believe for the most part how well vaping integrates into someone life is typically affected by how well the vaporizer fits that persons usage and style.

With "some vapes" especially those with variable temperatures the effects of vaping can be quite different from session to session largely depending on the temperature vaped at. Its possible that some unequal sensations are based on such possibilities. For more couch lock sensations vape at the higher range.

With combusting you get everything at once and also get the bad aspects most of us are trying to get away from such as tars. With vaporizing we are essentially cutting out some of the negative effects and maintaining the good effects. How effective that is is dependent upon strain and temperature vaporized suited to your personal likes and wants. Such as I may like to vape at 385 where someone else may prefer to vape at 365. One temperature is not more right nor wrong as the quality of vapor for many is rather subjective more along the lines of taste/smell. Simply what one person likes may be different than what another likes. Vaping temps are much like that in my experience.

I vape by how I feel. Generally lower temps in the early day, early to mid temps during day and higher temps at night. Some vape at one temp all the time. I suggest exploring vaporizing at length with the lower temps to the upper temps so you can decide for yourself what best suits your needs. You like what you like. Be it vapor or smoke. Nothing wrong with liking what you like if you can handle it. Smoke, I cant really handle nowadays but I prefer a vaporizer over smoking due to many reasons.

Beezleb,
My first vape was my vaporpro, which at the time was owned by a friend and I got to use only occasionally. I instantly fell in love with vaping, and while I still blaze from time to time, always prefer it.

ABV and edibles at large are pretty useless for me. I had what must of been a quarter of ABV on some mac n cheese, and got basically nothing.

charliedontsurf,

warren79

I know the D.I.Y Lightbulb isn't really a good place to start but its all I have till I order my EQ in a week or 2. So far Ive been learning a lot, - especially that I can control my 'high'. Last night I had 1g shwag again but instead of a head high, I got a total couch-lock blitz. I vaped the entire 1g in about 20mins and was STONED, then watched "Waking Life' (WOW).....HOWEVER once the movie was done (almost 2 hours), the high was almost dead as well but with VERY little burnt out feeling....I then took the AVB from the light bulb and rolled a joint, just to see if its worth anything....10mins Later STONED again, very different though, was expecting nothing but a body load but was actually mentally and physical stoned.

So as soon as my EQ gets here Ill be experimenting even more.....

For those who are thinking "SHWAG WTF', the fucking prices for indoor are insane. If converted from Rands to Dollors it costs me $28 for a gram of Cheeze (whole sale is half price but you have to buy 10g or more), a bit cheaper for N.Y Diesel and Northan Lights (Roughly $20) about 0.1g or 0.2g Pollen cost $10.........Hash and Shwag are cheap though. Hash - $3 per g of Afgaan hash and $3 for 3g shwag......so I definitly cant afford to smoke/vape indoor for a month.

warren79,

crawdad

floatin
max said:
It's a cleaner, more authentic cannabis high. The effects you're missing with vapor aren't really from the plant, but from the smoke.

this is why i prefer vape, not to mention the taste is so much better.

my first toke was from a volcano, 2 solid hits...the world spun. after doing that for a while i tried a combustion hit, took more hits to have similar effect but i hated it in comparison but sometimes combust just to mix it up on occasion.

@Elluzion, sorry to hear about your combustion experience, sounds awful. :peace:

i use a flame and pipe method (vapor genie glass) and yes it did take some work to get it right (id say 6 or so sessions), im achieving amazing highs now that ive mastered the technique and use very little herb to get there. ive never hated, it immediately made so much sense to me that it would be better....if you want to enjoy a steak you dont burn the hell out of it till its black.

crawdad,

momatik

When I had just started using cannabis, I had already heard of vaporizers and their health benefits and efficiency. For me those 2 things were priority.

That's all I needed to hear to start researching it.

I tried a lightbulb vape for a while and I really didn't like very much. Then I finally decided to pull the trigger on a wood VG.

While this is only my opinion, let me make this as clear and concise as possible: There is simply no comparison between the two. The VG was a revelation after the lightbulb.

That being said, it might not be worth it if you don't have access to good quality trees. But know that those vaporizer specific discussion threads are super long because there are THAT many people who enjoy those vaporizers and are regularly discussing them.

Your perspective on vaporizers will change dramatically the sooner you get one of the many solid models available on the market.

momatik,

GreenLeaf

I was into combusting in all of its forms for a little over a decade and I'd taken a break completely from that for a few years when I got into vaping. I'd tried eating it before but that was in a high dose and I may try it again someday.

A few years after I started combusting there were vaporizers out there but they were either very poorly made or they were very expensive. Then other vapes were invented and created and I decided to research them and possibly get one since they came down in price and are well made and highly effective now. I found out about this site from another site I post/lurk at where people discuss combustion and vaporizing.

Vaping passed all of my expectations and I highly prefer it to combusting since it's more psychedelic and cerebral, and it lasts a lot longer than combusting does. I would sometimes get those effect from combusting or even eating it but I was also concerned about the health effects from combusting.

GreenLeaf,

DaProfessor

Eveyone's physiology is different, ymmv.

I find that I can get close to a combustion high with large doses. I usually need .05g to get to a good place. However, if I choose to indulge and start to getting into the .2g range, I start getting the couch-lock effects and intense body highs. It's great to do that every once in a while. Lay down, close your eyes and go for a roller coaster ride.

When you get a proper vape, make sure you figure out what your minimum dose is. This can help you conserve herb, but also gives you a baseline so that you have another way to choose the effects you want.

DaProfessor,

djonkoman

yeah I'm doing an efficiency/conserving test now, used to vape whole bowls in my VG(handcarved, so slightly bigger bowl if I'm correct), now I discovered I can get a much better high off of just 2-3 puffs, without any burned out sleepiness afterwards, and also far less usage

djonkoman,

treecityrnd

Thanks for the question Warren, it got me thinking...
I'm in the "process" of converting from being a "combustion-only" person to a "vape-only" person. From a scientific perspective, a lot of it depends on your hiistory. If you are someone who smokes everyday and switches to vape over-night, you might experience some withdrawal effects from the removal of the benzene, butane, random metabolites created from combustion, but most likely the "highest end" effects of the THC, the super sedation and super increased appetite. These would be the same withdrawal effect one might encounter if they were to stop using their medication cold-turkey. For studies, see the Columbia University group (Haney M, Hart CL, Vosburg SK, Nasser J, Bennett A, Zubaran C, Foltin RW) studies or the Wayne State Univeersity studies by Leslie Lundahl.

Anyway, long story short, your body/mind may go through a "transition" period if you are a regular smoker. This is normal and reproducable in a laboratory setting. But the health benifits are undeniable and almost unquantifiable. Someday that study will be done...and it will confirm all our subjective knowledge that VAPING IS AMAZING.

treecityrnd,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
For me, I liked vaporizing itself, from the beginning. But I believe this was due to the herb I had available to me. Before vaping all I had was mexican bricked shwag available to me. I didnt see the point in spending all my cash on high grade because of how quickly I burned through it. So for me grade was a rare luxury. So when I started vaping, with a handcarved vaporgenie, I liked it initially because it made the shwag taste better, and I felt higher. Then someone told me I really should try using High grade in my vaporizer, telling me that a little herb goes a long way and it is well worth it. So I did, and was amazed how high i got off a tiny amount, something that would have been a tiny hit off a bong combusting.
I was fully converted once i realized this. Now... actually finding a vaporizer was a full on process. I was severely underwhelmed by the first electronic vaporizer I tried. It was a chinese knock off of the BC Vaporizer variety. It worked, but no where near the level of my VG. So I was reluctant to waste money on another vaporizer to only find out that it sucked. So I went to the net, found FC, and started lurking and researching. Decided on a whip vaporizer. Got that and realized how severely lacking my last plug in vape experience was. Every vape I have owned since then I have liked, yet some were just not for me. And ever since then it has been an ongoing process of me finding and trying vapes until I find ones that fit my needs.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

My first vape was a VG and I was hooked from the very beginning.

lwien,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Vaped ONCE about two weeks ago and HOLY SHIT my mind was changed about smoking.

Since then I sold my guitar to buy a custom Silver Surfer.

Rainbow Zen, purple base, and an engraving the THC chemical compound on the front.
I can't fucking wait!

Shipwreck,

treecityrnd

Shipwreck said:
Vaped ONCE about two weeks ago and HOLY SHIT my mind was changed about smoking.

Since then I sold my guitar to buy a custom Silver Surfer.

Rainbow Zen, purple base, and an engraving the THC chemical compound on the front.
I can't fucking wait!
Nice trade up! Congrats :)

treecityrnd,
Top Bottom