Did you feel that earthquake?

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
http://news.yahoo.com/quake-rocks-washington-area-felt-east-coast-181550612.html

I was down in West Virginia for work. Sitting in this guys office (sober) and thought I was having an acid flashback or something. Then someone came in and said "did you guys feel that?"

My first eathquake :) 5.9

Weird as fuck. But something to check off the bucket list!!

I'm sure this is nothing new to you Californians but us eat coasters aint used to this shit lol

Our planet must be pissed.

JDSupreme,

Nycdeisel

:lol:

its funny because ordinarily if I was at home on the east coast I would have gotten a taste of the aftershock but not even that. I am in California and am hoping theres not gonna be any quakes out here!

Nycdeisel,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
I am in California and am hoping theres not gonna be any quakes out here!

It's not if, but when. ;)

Born and raised in Cali. Experienced lots of these. Kind of fun, really, as long as it's not too strong.

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Even southern Colorado got rocked. Earthquake aren't necessarily rare there, but the magnitude of this one was a rare thing for sure.

aesthyrian,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
aesthyrian said:
Even southern Colorado got rocked. Earthquake aren't necessarily rare there, but the magnitude of this one was a rare thing for sure.

I think that was a different quake, but i'd bet the east coast quake was triggered by the Colorado quake.

JDSupreme,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i hate how once the gas is fracked out of the ground it is being shipped to non-US markets.

Hippie Dickie,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Hippie Dickie said:
i hate how once the gas is fracked out of the ground it is being shipped to non-US markets.

Ugh. My father and I are in the industrial pump business. We just can't seem to bring ourselves to getting involved with this. We have had a few chances...

JDSupreme,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Hippie Dickie said:
props to you and your dad!

Thank you very much Hippie.

My girlfriends cousin is involved with it. Every fucking time I see him he say something like "Are you guys getting involved" (as we are standing in his movie theater in his loaded man cave, ugh) and for my girlfriends sake I haven't gotten into an argument with him. I usually just say we are busy with other things, which we are. Her other cousin is the guy who "sells free money" so he claims. He goes around and talks the farmers into leasing their land. He laughs and says "they never say no" Fuckin ugh.

JDSupreme,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Yup, on the east side of Baltimore. i was bringing groceries in, had just leaned down to admire some almost ripe blackberries and felt/heard what sounded like a truck. I hear airplanes, trucks and trains regularly, even explosions from the nearby base, but this was different - a weird frequency through my body. Thought i got up too fast and got a lil dizzy & disoriented like rubberlegs - but then it scared the shit out of me to see my end of group brick rowhome MOVING with the kids and husband inside... The shed shifted and i figured out what was going on after a DUH moment and screamed for them to get out of the house. luckily everything's fine save for a few slightly larger cracks in the foundation but hubby said if he hadn't caught the 55 gallon aquarium it would have fallen, he said it was rocked so violently. that's some scary shit. my boys are pretty freaked out too.

Friends near Annapolis had broken windows, my mom's school was evacuated.

My FIL is not even thirty miles west of the epicenter and was outside and said he barely felt anything.

and the fracking was the first thing i thought of, we are literally raping the earth...

herbgirl,

Sour Deez

I was sitting on my bed midtoke with some trainwreck with a glob of oil rolled in keif. I thought i was getting dizzy and about to pass out or something cause i just started swaying back n forth lol.

Then thought maybe it was the wind so looked outside, and everything was still as can be. Then the shaking got a lil more violent, thats when i realized something was going on. My tv almost fell over, had to save it, i would of been kinda pissed.

Also i swear i felt something last night around 2ish maybe. Not nearly as bad, just a little shake n bake. Im in a townhouse and thought maybe it was the neighbors falling down the steps or something.

Sour Deez,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I was stone cold sober working, and I first thought it was me getting dizzy. Like that extra vaporbong hit last night was coming back for another ride on my mind lol. So many weird thoughts in so little time, train, big truck driving by, something blowing up at a chemical plant nearby which is not a rare possibility for central WV.

It wasn't nearly what you guys are describing, but I was in the office of a recycling center (not much there). Just felt like a long, repeating wave. It stopped for a second, then started up again. I knew it wasn't me when I saw the glare of a flatscreen security monitor moving, but as I was noticing that, someone brought it up and we came to the conclusion that it must have been a quake as it was stopping.

I can only imagine the people in NYC getting freaked out like they said on the news. We are just not used to this shit. Caught 12 million people off guard.

JDSupreme,

hereatlast

Was moving a heavy piece of equipment (enough to make floor shake a little) down the stairs with my boss as this happened and we didn't feel anything. A tenant popped her head out and asked if we were okay and I think we all thought we had caused the shaking. Shortly after she informed us of the quake, an a-ha moment. :lol:

Affected me most in that my phone was unable to connect to the network for several hours: not able to call out or text and very late incoming communications. Resorted to e-mail (on the phone) ultimately to get in contact with people.

Glad to hear all is well on these boards...nice catch Mr. herbgirl!

hereatlast,

TNK

I was skyping the GF when I told her something just moved me. The couch jolted me up and down, not too bad but never had that before. Wand fell out of vape thats all. Glass business must be good in the west coast......... and I'm glad no one was hurt.

TNK,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Yeah, if he hadn't caught that aquarium, it would have been quite a mess - i can't imagine how long that would have taken to clean up, since it would have seeped thru the hardwood cracks into the basement too. WHEW!

been watching this like a hawk for aftershocks... http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/37.39.-79.-77.php

it was scary, but had certainly presented a great lesson in Earth Sciences for my boys. We've spent the last day discussing earthquakes and what causes them, looking at maps, diagrams etc. They both seem a little less nervous now that they understand a bit more about it. i've learned a bit too.

Now onto the lesson about Hurricanes... and to check the flashlights. water, radio and MRE's - my neighbors who sit lower than me will likely get flooded out in this upcoming storm.

herbgirl,

Nycdeisel

I meant I hope my bongs dont break! what a great time to leave them on the edge of the sink soaking for a super long cleaning while I go away :facepalm:

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom