Diary of a New Vapist

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Started vaporizing a couple weeks ago after combusting for way too many years. I haven't sparked up since, and I feel great! I'm an avid endurance athlete, and I like to medicate before training. After discovering how good vaporizing can be if done correctly, there's no turning back.

An expensive obsession for me (I have VAS--vaporizer acquisition syndrome), but it's well worth it. Just finished a good workout on the mountain at high elevation, and I've never felt better.

Cheers to all you vaping badasses for educating me! This has been life-changing.

weedemon

enthusiast
nice dude! I am really happy to hear you are enjoying it so much! I love it too! has also been life changing for me. :) the difference on my lungs has been amazing :)

you have a really nice list of vapes too btw. any interest in concentrates? :brow: that where I found my journey led me to after getting comfortable with vapor :) it's like vapor squared :p [the Ti plate and revolution (for full melt concentrates) are the 2 devices that I would recommend]

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Isn't the aqua vape some seriously convenient magic? Until it its time to clean it :/

darkrom,

Vapinghole

Thanks weedemon and darkrom!

Yes, I have interest in concentrates! And thanks for the recommendations--duly noted. I need to read more about it as well, and this forum is a great resource to feed my new obsession.

darkrom - aqua vape = super nice. I haven't needed to clean it yet since I just got the setup a few days ago. But I can see how it will be a challenge. Oh well--I don't mind the ritual.

I just ordered my MFLB last night, and after reading Vaporpedia's page about it, I'm even more excited. And I'm stoked to be on the list for the VXC and HI. I'm a serial vaporist!

Thanks again!

Vapinghole,

TriiKLe

Manufacturer
I love to vake and get a good woork out. Its like I feel more connected to my body .

TriiKLe,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Trust me when I say clean that aqua vape often! Seriously. Last time I used some chemical my friend got from a lab LOL. I was scared to use it after for several other "after washes" but that's what it took when I let it get filthy.

Protip: Change the water every use. Not like me who insists I'll do that but then sometimes forgets to empty it before falling asleep. Wake up to instantly dirty :(

I'm wondering if the best solution is to just boil this thing often. Any down sides?

darkrom,

Vapinghole

Other than the time involved, I see no downside to frequent boiling, and I'm all for keeping it clean. I'm using 420 right now for glass. And yes, I've been changing the water frequently.

I just had a great morning session with a new screen--and now that I'm getting a hang of setting a good temp, it's only getting better. I'm going to try a balloon later today with my wife! The dual action vape I have is working VERY well so far.

I'm now keen to get a bubbler or some other newer piece of glass. Oh, my poor bank account. :brow:

Vapinghole,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vapinghole said:
Started vaporizing a couple weeks ago after combusting for way too many years. I haven't sparked up since, and I feel great! I'm an avid endurance athlete, and I like to medicate before training. After discovering how good vaporizing can be if done correctly, there's no turning back.

An expensive obsession for me (I have VAS--vaporizer acquisition syndrome), but it's well worth it. Just finished a good workout on the mountain at high elevation, and I've never felt better.

Cheers to all you vaping badasses for educating me! This has been life-changing.

Hang on, you started vaping a couple of weeks ago, and now you have three vapes, with another two on back order? That's what I call quick off the mark.

PS The term 'vaporist' is preferred over 'vapist', not only because it makes more etymological sense, but because the latter termsounds a bit too much like a rather less palatable one.

Qbit,

Vapinghole

Qbit said:
Hang on, you started vaping a couple of weeks ago, and now you have three vapes, with another two on back order? That's what I call quick off the mark.

PS The term 'vaporist' is preferred over 'vapist', not only because it makes more etymological sense, but because the latter termsounds a bit too much like a rather less palatable one.

Thanks, Qbit, for correcting me about 'vapist' vs. 'vaporist'--makes perfect sense and I feel like a heel. Alas, I can't seem edit the thread title (unless I'm missing the option), though I have edited the pertinent post.

Yes, quick off the mark indeed. Met a guy at a party and he had an Iolite, and it was the first time someone took the time to explain vaporizing to me (and how to do it). I had tried using a box vaporizer a few years ago, but it didn't do anything (user error, I realize that now). Not knowing anything about vaporizers, and not having found this forum at that time, I went out the next day and bought an Iolite. While learning to use that, I researched forced air vapes and nabbed the viVape. Then I read about and saw the VXC and almost peed myself--same thing with the HI. I've read much about the MFLB, including Vaporpedia's detailed page, and that appeared a necessity along with the PA (it arrives next week). Some sweet glass is next on my list (in addition to the glass I'll get with the VXC).

I haven't combusted since, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. In fact, I feel like I've gained everything.

Thanks again!

Vapinghole,

darkrom

Great Scott!
As far as that box vape goes it COULD have been user error, but it could have been a low quality Chinese vape which is far too common for those box styles. Glad you stepped up and tried it. We need more vapor-knights out there teaching people about vaping. I got my whole group of combusting friends to switch to vaping. 100% of them lol. It took over a year and they were ALL resistant at first, but it was worth it.

darkrom,

Vapinghole

darkrom said:
Glad you stepped up and tried it. We need more vapor-knights out there teaching people about vaping. I got my whole group of combusting friends to switch to vaping. 100% of them lol. It took over a year and they were ALL resistant at first, but it was worth it.

darkrom - I will continue my intense training so I too can become a Vapor Knight someday and teach other "combusters" to benefit as I have.

Vapinghole,

Cole420

Combustion Hater
Thanks, Qbit, for correcting me about 'vapist' vs. 'vaporist'--makes perfect sense and I feel like a heel. Alas, I can't seem edit the thread title (unless I'm missing the option), though I have edited the pertinent post.

Yes, quick off the mark indeed. Met a guy at a party and he had an Iolite, and it was the first time someone took the time to explain vaporizing to me (and how to do it). I had tried using a box vaporizer a few years ago, but it didn't do anything (user error, I realize that now). Not knowing anything about vaporizers, and not having found this forum at that time, I went out the next day and bought an Iolite. While learning to use that, I researched forced air vapes and nabbed the viVape. Then I read about and saw the VXC and almost peed myself--same thing with the HI. I've read much about the MFLB, including Vaporpedia's detailed page, and that appeared a necessity along with the PA (it arrives next week). Some sweet glass is next on my list (in addition to the glass I'll get with the VXC).

I haven't combusted since, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. In fact, I feel like I've gained everything.

Thanks again!
I know what you mean, it almost turns you obsessive over vaporization, but although I haven't jumped into vaping as quick as you have, I still have only been vaping for a couple years now, and I already have three vapes. As a teenager, it's hard to come up with money, but when I do, I usually buy a new vape or a big bag. You will love the launch box! I was a little skeptical about it when I first tried hitting it, but once you know how to use it properly, you will fall in love. Kush tastes great in the box, as long as you don't overheat it. Combustion is quite easy to leave behind once you start vaping, although it isn't for everybody. A lot of people I know don't like the taste, or even the effects. Personally I prefer both taste and effect over smoking. Each to his own tho. I would advise you to head over to Magic Flight's website and check out their videos on how to use the vape and clean it, as the learning curve is tough to get over if you don't know what you're doing. I might sell my iolite now that I have the box; it's that much better. But anyways if you still have phlegm and a cough thanks to combustion, give it time and that will likely soon disappear. Vaping is great for athletes like yourself; I get a very motivated clear high that helps me get downstairs to do some squats or go for a run. In the long run, you will save money, using far less to get the desired effect, and even a re-usable herb that is great for cooking. You will also save your health, and the health of anyone in contact with you, as vapor doesn't really cause second-hand problems.

Happy vaping!

Cole420,

Nycdeisel

Kudos to the guy at the party with the Iolite!!! You too will hopefully convert some others along the way, it is a great feeling btw :)

Happy to hear you are enjoying it so much. I think I also suffer from VAS :science:

P.s: One MUST be careful when using glass and boiling water. NEVER put room temperature glass into boiling or very hot water. WIth glass of course you have to be careful of sudden temperature changes. If you were to do this it would be best to hold it in the water from when you start to heat the water until it boils. You wouldnt want it laying on the bottom of the pot because it could bump around and do damage/weaken the glass. Even this could weaken the glass if you make a habit out of it. Regarding cleaning vapes/glass, you'll soon learn its best to do very frequently, so it will be easier each time. Plus, you will acquire a glass /vape cleaning routine and you will get used to it the more you do it, and youll figure out the best ways to do that. When I had trouble cleaning smoking pieces long ago, i would sometimes(if the residue was very stubborn) use steam coming from the end of a kettle to loosen the crap inside, just run the steam through both ends for several seconds. (be careful of the drops of water that will come out of the best after enough water condensates inside)

Nycdeisel,

Vapinghole

@Cole420 - Thanks! Good for you that you found vaping early. It appears your health will benefit. Speaking of kush in the MFLB, I had a lovely sesh last night and was silly vaked. It tasted great all the way through, which tells me my technique is improving. Plus, the Ed's stems help. Just got my flame maple stem, and it's pretty (pictured below). I've enjoyed immersing myself in MFLB's website, reading all the FAQs and watching vids. I've also read Vaporpedia's page thoroughly, in addition to a large amount of the MFLB thread. The MFLB family is a big reason why I'm so obsessed with vaping. I've cleaned it once already, and am still finding out new things. I love it! Thanks for your comments, my friend. Happy Vaping!

image1jj.jpg

@Nycdeisel - Thank you! Yes, kudos to the guy I met. He doesn't know it, but he improved my life. If I see him again, I'll let him know and vape him to his heart's content. And thank you for your tips on cleaning. As you suggested, I've learned it's best to clean the water in my glass after each time, and I don't mind because it takes a few seconds and my glass stays very clean. I'll try the steam tip if needed--very helpful!

Thank you both! I'm having an absolute blast, albeit an obsessive and slightly expensive one. But I really enjoy my current setup, and I'm on the wait list for some pretty badass vapes. I'm looking at a Solo, but we'll see. Cheers! :tup:

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Nycdeisel
Top Bottom