Diagnosed schizophrenic seeks cannabidiol.

Ansel

Can i make it myself? It's legally prescribed in Canada, right? Fed up with the weight gain from current meds.

Ansel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I wouldn't recommend a cold-turkey transition over just weight gain issues. That being said if you can make safe transitions (be sure to have a close friend keep notes on behavioral changes) CBD levels are suggested by the literature to be very high in hemp races. As far as legalities, I can't speak for Canada.

OO,

Ansel

It's not just over weight gain issues as there are other problems caused with the medication. I am not on the highest dose of it but i am not on the lowest.

Ansel,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
i saw one of those weed shows on cable tv where the guy makes a high-cbd, low thc tincture to help a kid with seizures. It was def against the law in cali where the show was being filmed.

I wouldn't recommend altering your prescribed medication intake without talking to your doctor first. Maybe there is other Pharm options they could try to switch you to once you explained the negative side-effects you are having to them.

I hate the idea of all the pills being pumped out there today, particularly for things like depression or anxiety, but for conditions like schizophrenia the stakes are higher if you don't react well to coming off the medication or not having it in your system.

I sincerely wish you the best on this.

vaporonly,

Ansel

Thank you. Well my doctor is very positive about cannabidiol but hates recreational cannabis use. He would only offer it to me when it becomes licensed but that could take years. He says i'm on the best meds he can give me and i have tried some others and i think he is right. But cannabidiol is my only hope really and the chances of it being licensed in the UK sometime soon seem pretty slim.

Ansel,

JCat

Accessory Maker
If you could get access to high CBD concentration cannabis, you could make tinctures with glycerin ... I definitely like tinctures as an option that don't get one as "high" ... especially if it was a high CBD concentration. (I'm bipolar--type II rapid cycling--so I tend to vary in my preferred THC/CBD concentrations depending on my current state so tend to have both high THC and CBD tinctures, cannabis, and preferably concentrates as well)

I put tinctures in my coffee, non-alcoholic beer (as I don't drink anymore so this makes a nice "cannabis beer" ... Grolsch and Becks make pretty decent ones ...)

OO

Technical Skeptical
I put tinctures in my coffee, non-alcoholic beer (as I don't drink anymore so this makes a nice "cannabis beer" ... Grolsch and Becks make pretty decent ones ...)
Interesting. I would think that the decreased polarity due to alcohol would assist in the dissolving in a necessary way. It's good to know that other things can help dissolve it.

OO,

Ansel

If you could get access to high CBD concentration cannabis, you could make tinctures with glycerin ... I definitely like tinctures as an option that don't get one as "high" ... especially if it was a high CBD concentration. (I'm bipolar--type II rapid cycling--so I tend to vary in my preferred THC/CBD concentrations depending on my current state so tend to have both high THC and CBD tinctures, cannabis, and preferably concentrates as well)

Yes brother, as a base medication it should really have no THC i guess but it could be an option - are you able to point me in the direction of where i can find out how to make a tincture with glycerine? I cannot drink alcohol too.

Ansel,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Yes brother, as a base medication it should really have no THC i guess but it could be an option - are you able to point me in the direction of where i can find out how to make a tincture with glycerine? I cannot drink alcohol too.

i think there is a post down in the edibles section on gylercin tincture.

in the small doses normally used there isn't much alcohol. I don't drink either but use everclear tincture and have never even felt buzzed from the amount of alcohol.

one of the drawbacks of glycerine tincture is that it has a pretty short shelf life compared to alcohol tincture

vaporonly,

Ansel

i think there is a post down in the edibles section on gylercin tincture.

in the small doses normally used there isn't much alcohol. I don't drink either but use everclear tincture and have never even felt buzzed from the amount of alcohol.

one of the drawbacks of glycerine tincture is that it has a pretty short shelf life compared to alcohol tincture

Thanks yes. And i guess taking a DIY tincture to be very inconsistent in terms of doseage.

Ansel,

Volteric

Can i make it myself? It's legally prescribed in Canada, right? Fed up with the weight gain from current meds.

Dixie Botanicals creates CBD tinctures, capsules and salves. These are extracted from hemp plants and are legal to purchase and consume.

http://dixiebotanicals.com/

I have used this product specifically to treat anxiety/panic disorder and did not find them as effective as vaping CBD-rich Cannabis strains. These products are very expensive, but the only one I'm aware of that has Cannabidiol and legal.

Martin A. Lee wrote a fair critique of the product here...

http://www.beyondthc.com/medical-marijuana-inc-pitching-cbd-products/

I'm assuming that you did some research on CBD and Schizophrenia to seek out CBD. If not, there are a few research papers on it.

Here is one: http://cannabisclinicians.org/2012/cbd-and-schizophrenia/

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom