detox of combustion while still vaping

McSheamus

So, let me explain my situation here.

I smoked joints for 5 year till couple weeks ago. Since 3 weeks i guess, i'm vaping only.

Last couple of days i'm irritated really, really, really fast + i've them vivid dreams every night.

Last year i stopped smoking for a month ( and among the years alot of other times) and these 'symptons' were the only ones i had from 'detox'.

But this time i'm still vaping every day... At first i thought it was detox of the tobacco. But other friends stopped smoking marijuana and still smoked cigarettes, yet had the same 'symptons'

Now i'm thinking it's because the benzenes and tar and all the nasty shit you get with combusting weed, that i don't have ( or much less) than with vaping.

Any thoughts? Am i right or wrong?

EDIT: i've used to roll weed with tobacco and i think around 2g a day. Now i vape not even 0.5g a day.

McSheamus,
Reactions: NorVape

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Hmm, weird. I went from tobaccomixed spliffs to vaping, but had none of those issues. Also from around two grams down to 0.2 when I switched.

I've felt like that when I had combustion breaks, but not when I switched from smoke to vape.

What temps do you vape at?

NorVape,

McSheamus

Hmm, weird. I went from tobaccomixed spliffs to vaping, but had none of those issues. Also from around two grams down to 0.2 when I switched.

I've felt like that when I had combustion breaks, but not when I switched from smoke to vape.

What temps do you vape at?

I start mid-temp ( 4 on solo and blue or green on air) and end at high-temp ( 6 and white)

It's also weird that it happens now after 3 weeks or so. In the past when i quit smoking for a while it was always in the 2nd week or so.

McSheamus,

snamuh

ghost
I get those symptoms when I quit either way. But mine usually only lasts a week or two.

If how you vape now is working out for you I would just keep doing it and ride the withdrawals/detox out. It can definitely be a ride if you were smoking a lot. Personally I would find something other than weed to work with the symptoms of irritability (in my case preferably not a drug) and just wait for my sleeping to get back to normal.

A higher temp might work to help stop the intense dreaming...like ratchett said.

I used to get these crazy dreams after quiting where I would be outside and lightning would strike the ground all over the place... So vivid, and exciting, lol.

My other intense dreams sucked. Very tense and/or pointless.

McSheamus

It sounds to me like you might need to try a bit higher temperatures, maybe up to 430F? Have you tried concentrates?

Have made BHO once with a friend when i got the vapman but i couln't test it much to see if i appreciate it. And as i live in Belgium i can only get weed illegal, so for concentrates i have to go to Holland, wich i have never seen in the shops where i go sometimes.

How do you think i need higher temperatures? How much degrees is 430F?

I get those symptoms when I quit either way. But mine usually only lasts a week or two.

If how you vape now is working out for you I would just keep doing it and ride the withdrawals/detox out. It can definitely be a ride if you were smoking a lot. Personally I would find something other than weed to work with the symptoms of irritability (in my case preferably not a drug) and just wait for my sleeping to get back to normal.

A higher temp might work to help stop the intense dreaming...like ratchett said.

I used to get these crazy dreams after quiting where I would be outside and lightning would strike the ground all over the place... So vivid, and exciting, lol.

My other intense dreams sucked. Very tense and/or pointless.

I'm definitly happy with vaping. My stomach wasn't feeling to well the last months while smoking, but with vaping i have my 'pure' high again, free from stomach issues.
So i'm gonna sit the ride out for sure!
The last time the dreaming lasted for almost a month, the irritability shorter but i don't know how long exactly.

I'm very lucky with my dreams, they are just weird, mostly pleasant weird. So the dreaming itself is not a problem. It's the getting up tired part that is the problem.

And it's actually not a problem, it's just interesting and weird how i feel like i'm detoxing while i'm still using.

snamuh

ghost
Have made BHO once with a friend when i got the vapman but i couln't test it much to see if i appreciate it. And as i live in Belgium i can only get weed illegal, so for concentrates i have to go to Holland, wich i have never seen in the shops where i go sometimes.

How do you think i need higher temperatures? How much degrees is 430F?

I'm definitly happy with vaping. My stomach wasn't feeling to well the last months while smoking, but with vaping i have my 'pure' high again, free from stomach issues.
So i'm gonna sit the ride out for sure!
The last time the dreaming lasted for almost a month, the irritability shorter but i don't know how long exactly.

I'm very lucky with my dreams, they are just weird, mostly pleasant weird. So the dreaming itself is not a problem. It's the getting up tired part that is the problem.

And it's actually not a problem, it's just interesting and weird how i feel like i'm detoxing while i'm still using.

That's interesting, for me I would basically jump out of bed ready to go, lol. But eventually that went away :(

snamuh,

McSheamus

That's interesting, for me I would basically jump out of bed ready to go, lol. But eventually that went away :(

I would have that in the first weeks, till the dreaming begins. But now i skipped that part, getting up has always been a real pain in the ass :p

McSheamus,
Reactions: snamuh

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Well, since you're in Belgium and have the Vapman, put some good old heavy dark hash on the concentrate screen. It's more relaxing than modern weed and bho and such, and it also requires more heat to give off vapor, so it should help more with relaxation and sleep.

Please use safe, clean hash :)

max

Out to lunch
Now i'm thinking it's because the benzenes and tar and all the nasty shit you get with combusting weed, that i don't have ( or much less) than with vaping.
Tar isn't an issue in this respect, but benzene and carbon monoxide are greatly reduced with vaping, and those compounds have a sedative effect, so there may be a relationship there. I haven't smoked in years, and one good hit of vapor can really take the edge off for me, so it's all relative.
i feel like i'm detoxing while i'm still using.
Well, you are kind of detoxing from smoke and smoke byproducts.

McSheamus

Well, since you're in Belgium and have the Vapman, put some good old heavy dark hash on the concentrate screen. It's more relaxing than modern weed and bho and such, and it also requires more heat to give off vapor, so it should help more with relaxation and sleep.

Please use safe, clean hash :)

I'll try that if i find some again! Been a while since i've seen some around. But it happens to be that last weekend someone bought from a couple streets ahead, i'll have to ask him. 'Coincidence' :D

I don't know much about hash, but this hash was real hard. Lighter is needed. What can you say about that?

Tar isn't an issue in this respect, but benzene and carbon monoxide are greatly reduced with vaping, and those compounds have a sedative effect, so there may be a relationship there. I haven't smoked in years, and one good hit of vapor can really take the edge off for me, so it's all relative.

Well, you are kind of detoxing from smoke and smoke byproducts.

Thank you for verifying. It has to be from compounds in the smoke that are reduced alot in vapor.

One hit doesn't do much for me. Although my tolerance has greatly diminished. One bowl can do the trick most of the times!

McSheamus,

max

Out to lunch
One hit doesn't do much for me. Although my tolerance has greatly diminished. One bowl can do the trick most of the times!
Tolerance goes down with vaporizing for a lot of people, but results do vary and it can depend on the vape you're using. A hit from my pocket portable certainly doesn't compare to a hit from my Cloud EVO. If all I used was the EVO, my tolerance level would go up quite a bit. It doesn't require you to take big hits, but it very much encourages you in that direction.

McSheamus

Tolerance goes down with vaporizing for a lot of people, but results do vary and it can depend on the vape you're using. A hit from my pocket portable certainly doesn't compare to a hit from my Cloud EVO. If all I used was the EVO, my tolerance level would go up quite a bit. It doesn't require you to take big hits, but it very much encourages you in that direction.

I'm very interested in this. How much of difference there is in flavour and strongness between a home and a portable. Never hit off a home vaporizer before.

McSheamus,

McSheamus

Don't discount this fact. Even though you did not quit "cold turkey" you did cut your consumption by 75% or more. That could certainly be a big enough change in your routine to cause some detox/withdrawal symptoms.

You are right my man. Haven't seen it as simple as that. This could be a big variable indeed!

NorVape

Vape Rictim
@McSheamus Man, hash comes in so many styles it's hard to say. Do you trust your hook ups? Do they know what they're selling? If so, go by their word.

I thought it was only UK who lost the steady flow of hash.

NorVape,

McSheamus

@McSheamus Man, hash comes in so many styles it's hard to say. Do you trust your hook ups? Do they know what they're selling? If so, go by their word.

I thought it was only UK who lost the steady flow of hash.

It's always been rare if someone has hash but most of the times it's just good old Maroc. Hash is mostly safe and sound. Weed they tend to mess up sometimes by spraying it to give it more wheight.

Thankfully i got my trusted people and if i do come across sprayed weed, it's just a matter of no thank you get the fuck outta here :D

McSheamus,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Interestingly I also experience an increase in dreams intensity and I remember them better. Previously this only happened during T-breaks but now it's happening even when vaping.

I think like others said above that the big reduction in the quantities we consume is likely the key. I feel higher and healthier while using so much less material, and I feel way less addicted than before. I'm so glad I discovered this community and stopped combusting.

:peace:

McSheamus

Interestingly I also experience an increase in dreams intensity and I remember them better. Previously this only happened during T-breaks but now it's happening even when vaping.

I think like others said above that the big reduction in the quantities we consume is likely the key. I feel higher and healthier while using so much less material, and I feel way less addicted than before. I'm so glad I discovered this community and stopped combusting.

:peace:

Exactly my thoughts! I feel way less addicted to, i could even leave the weed for a day ( wich i don't :D).

The healthier part has yet to come i think..

This site is the best! Filled with experienced people, it's the best help to find the vaporizer you looking for, and to optimize the performance!

Top Bottom