Desktop Vaporizer Upgrade

Looper714

Hi,
I have been using the Extreme Q desktop vaporizer for the last 13 years and am ready for an upgrade. I love the Q but would like something new and different. My budget is $300-400, and I already know I DO NOT want a Volcano or anything similar. I do not use bags/balloons and the most important things to me are: tasty hits, ease of use with a scientific water pipe, temperature control, ability to use a whip, standard 14mm and 18mm adapters, not too many parts and easy to clean. I don't expect one desktop unit will check all the boxes and am willing to compromise for the right unit. I have several portable vapes that I love (POTV One and AirVape Legacy Pro), and am mainly an at home user. The Q is the only desktop I have ever used and would really appreciate any/all recommendations as well as pros and cons. Cheers

Looper714,

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
In addition to the recommendation above to check out log vapes (my favorite being the Woodscents), you could also check out some injectors. They'd allow you to use a 14/18mm bowl, use your existing glass, and are quite simple to use.

My personal favorite injector is the Herborizer Ti, but there are other options out there like the ball vapes (Qaroma, Flowerpot, etc).

Razhumikin

any thoughts as how these compare? Was just considering one of these as well as the enano xl. More leaning torwards couchlog or underdog though. Looking for baller experience without burn hazard.
Cant speak to the enano xl, as i havent tried one, but my regular enano is my least favorite log (i think they make several bad design choices, including but not limited to the metal lining, bowl design, and choice of non-standard power plug/system; to my knowledge these things havemt changed with the xl).
As for the couchlog vs the alpha, theyre both really great. Couchlog is a 14mm ball vape in disguise, while alpha is a more traditional log, so with couchlog you will get more rapid heat transfer, translating to faster extraction, but it will require a bit more of a wait to get back up to temp between bowls. Ultimately theyre both delicious and powerful vapes with nice designs, so id say if youre in europe get the cl and if youre in north america get the ud.

Looper714

Thanks Razhumikin and have looked extensively at the Enano XL and several things of concern for me are no precise temp control and non-standard fitting adapters (19mm). I am currently looking at your recommendation for the Underdog Alpha in campfire (beautiful) and am liking it. One big question - is this easy enough to use with a water pipe as i vape exclusively thru water.

Cjk0812

On top of the recommendations here, I'd like to think the ditanium might be up your alley. It' uses a whip and the titanium mouth piece acts as a 14mm adapter and it also has a dab dish on top if you'd want to use concentrates with it. It doesn't have precise temperature control but that's the main drawback. The screen in the glass hand piece isn't the easiest to get out and it's not the best with smaller loads but I heard the titanium hand piece kinda mitigates these issues if you were to go that route although I never tried the titanium hand piece while I had it.

Razhumikin

Thanks Razhumikin and have looked extensively at the Enano XL and several things of concern for me are no precise temp control and non-standard fitting adapters (19mm). I am currently looking at your recommendation for the Underdog Alpha in campfire (beautiful) and am liking it. One big question - is this easy enough to use with a water pipe as i vape exclusively thru water.
Yea its very easy to use with a bong, just get a NonG or GonG. Youre not going to get precise temp control (meaning to a specific temp) on any log fyi, its just not the name of the game, they all work based off inputted watts. Its not nearly as big of a deal as you might think, once you get the settings you like dialed in you wont notice.
Ditanium is just a less convenient to use log with old tech. Its not a bad vape per se, but it cant compete with modern offerings.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah logs and injectors are ideal through water, even if not through water, still with a large glass piece dry, I like how the stem / bowl is glass and separate from the actual vape, so you use it like it's your lighter on a bowl, when it is connected you only vape by inhaling the hot air through it, so it is a bit more manual than something like the EQ, but much more effective in my experience

Looper714

Yea its very easy to use with a bong, just get a NonG or GonG. Youre not going to get precise temp control (meaning to a specific temp) on any log fyi, its just not the name of the game, they all work based off inputted watts. Its not nearly as big of a deal as you might think, once you get the settings you like dialed in you wont notice.
Ditanium is just a less convenient to use log with old tech. Its not a bad vape per se, but it cant compete with modern offerings.
I purchased the Poplar alpha UD vape and super excited to get it in my hands! I'm ready to start a collection of wood vapes and put myself on Alan's email list for a GTR, and that may take a while. In the meantime I am looking at Ed's TNT walnut Woodscents (beautiful!) and he has reduced the price sans accessories. I have read stellar reviews of this vape and would especially like to know Razhumikin's opinion on the Woodscents.

Razhumikin

I purchased the Poplar alpha UD vape and super excited to get it in my hands! I'm ready to start a collection of wood vapes and put myself on Alan's email list for a GTR, and that may take a while. In the meantime I am looking at Ed's TNT walnut Woodscents (beautiful!) and he has reduced the price sans accessories. I have read stellar reviews of this vape and would especially like to know Razhumikin's opinion on the Woodscents.
Ive never used a woodscents. High price, dynavap compatability (of which i have none), and reports of very restricted airflow have kept me away. Ive heard lots of stellar reports from other people though, especially with the new bowl ed just released that is supposed to improve airflow, so def one to consider.

Pcloudy

I would love to try a woodscents with the new bowl. His work is top notch but I just couldnt get over that tight of a draw on a woodscents. I tried it with my mvs stem but then I felt like I was just sucking in air.
Ball vapes are incredible. I have tried freight train, freight train pro, b1, and an elev8r with coil, and they have all been fantastic. I built a titi for fun because I had everything but a coil but havent used it yet. I dont think you would be disappointed in any of them.
One day I will get a couch log, they are just a bit out of my price range and they rarely come up on the used market.

Flow

I would go - again - all in for a 7thFloor/Elev8 vape… Da buddha or SSV or LSV… Very versatile, very easy of use…
no Digital temp control, but if you look at other devices, 200° on one is not 200° on the other so why bother with that ^^
Just turn the knob to your liking and that's it !
Draw technique will do the rest :)

Flow,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would love to try a woodscents with the new bowl. His work is top notch but I just couldnt get over that tight of a draw on a woodscents.
You aren't kidding about the tight draw. I have your old WS, I believe. It is the tightest restriction of any vape I have used. And for that reason, I really dig it. It's a totally unique log that I'll be keeping in my collection. Also the new bowl makes the whole thing easier to manage and hits better.
I still can't imagine anyone using the WS as their first log, what a strange experience that would be.

One day I will get a couch log, they are just a bit out of my price range and they rarely come up on the used market.
Yeah the CL is my favorite and I know you would enjoy it. Your love of injectors is proof enough. But it is expensive, especially in the US. Although I feel like I got more than my money's worth out of it so far (and hope to enjoy it for years to come).

howie105

Given my small number of vapes.

Tasty hits: Arizer Solo for portable use, E-Nano stock out of the box and, a toss up between LSV and Elev8r for modded vapers.

Ease of use: The E-Nano, LSV and the Highlighter.

Use with glass: The E-Nano because it is small and handy. After that, it's all about the whips.

Temperature control: The winner is the PID controlled Elev8r which is very good. Second, the Arizer Solo followed by the Highlighter.

Easy to clean: The Dyna M, second, a tossup between E-Nano and Solo stems,

howie105,
Top Bottom