Decriminalization in Chicago

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
A great day indeed! Whats even better is that it was passed with overwhelming majority. I have to give President Obama's former Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanual much credit. This is only the beginning of great change and will be used as a model to convince others to pass the damn MMJ bill already, seeing as the statistics in crime and usage will, as well all know, be very on our side.

I really am ecstatic.

http://norml.org/news/2012/06/28/ch...ijuana-possession-to-a-non-arrestable-offense

aesthyrian,

dannkk

Don't normally like to talk about where I live on here, but it is near Chicago. Not sure if you guys live around here, but this is NOT decriminalization, and it's not even in a casual smokers favor. Chicago cops have never had time to arrest you for a small amount of buds. If it wasn't felony possession, and you cooperated with them, they'd take your bud or destroy it, and let you go. Now, all those people that would have normally been let loose with a warning, are going to have their possession on record, and have to pay a $500 fine. They say this saves them money, but how's it save them money if the people that are going to get fines are people that would have never been in the system anyway? This is a scheme for them to make money, not save it.

dannkk,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Sorry but it's up to the officer whether or not to ticket you at all, it is not required.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom