decisions decisions please help me make up my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Ok so this forum is great there is a ton of good information and ideas floating around. Since im dry and so are all of my connections I figure I'll just take the money and buy a new vape. I already have an ssv which I love but I want something I can take with me a bit smaller and more portable. I am looking at the launch box and the mz. I know they are both different units so its apples to oranges but I want both of them so which should I buy now. Heres why I'm looking at the 2 units

What I like
MZ
I love the looks and design.
It's smaller than my ssv so easier to haul to a friends house.
I'm assuming the efficiency is on par with the pd
No wait. sorry but im just impatient.

LB
super small pocket size
runs off aa's
could be used out at the bars in restaurants whenever the urge hits
again no wait

now what I don't like about each
MZ
needs a power supply either ac or dc or modified batt pack
not really a stealth vape for public use

LB
Have to carry batteries around to use it. sorry but I don't need 8 batteries clanking around in my pocket
not quite sure about the efficiency of the unit

They both seem like good units for what they are I would like both eventually unless some kind of competitor comes out and blows the doors of the LB

I think I'm Leaning to the MZ but I'd love to hear any thoughts. I do not want to hear about how the pd is better than the mz or I should look into an iolite I just want to know what you would buy if these were your choices. pretend they are the only 2 vapes left on the planet.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Beezleb

Since you have an SSV already and have looked into the vapes I would decide on whats more important to you, efficiency or portability. Since you have an SSV, a desktop vape I would get the LB to fill the portability needs but ask yourself, whats more important to you, efficiency or portability?

I have a Da Buddha vaporizer and I only use on LB when im away from the DBV for what its worth. I use the same amount in the trench as I use per whip but in my opinion there is no equal for outside vaping, wind is no issue.

I should clarify, theirs no equal in my opinion for outside vaping at that price point. The Iolite is pretty much in the same category for that aspect.

Beezleb,

lwien

Is there a reason that you are not considering the Iolite for portable use?

lwien,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Mainly because its all plasticy and I like LB's look better it seems to have a lot of good reviews. In any event I am impatient and can never make up my mind so I just ordered both units. Now I just have to get stuff to put in em. I guess I really don't need them both I realized that I bought a battery pack a while ago thats supposed to be good for 9 hours depending on power consumption so as low as the myrtle is I should be good to go. I'll just warm it in my car or the house and throw the charger in a back pack or whatever Ill let everyone know how long it lasts after I get my zap Oh heres a link to it on amazon if anyones interested http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CPI100B-Cordless-Supply/dp/B000SZVMRW
Later,
Tom
Oh I did the calculation and based of of 8 watts this battery should last 5.375 hours not bad for a little battery.

pyronym,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
pyronym said:
Mainly because its all plasticy and I like LB's look better it seems to have a lot of good reviews. In any event I am impatient and can never make up my mind so I just ordered both units. Now I just have to get stuff to put in em. I guess I really don't need them both I realized that I bought a battery pack a while ago thats supposed to be good for 9 hours depending on power consumption so as low as the myrtle is I should be good to go. I'll just warm it in my car or the house and throw the charger in a back pack or whatever Ill let everyone know how long it lasts after I get my zap Oh heres a link to it on amazon if anyones interested http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CPI100B-Cordless-Supply/dp/B000SZVMRW
Later,
Tom
heh that's what I was thinking.... why not order both if your torn between the two, both have nice reasonable prices. I want too get a LB because I like things that are made out of wood (on waitlist for a PD)

DevoTheStrange,

duh

I have written about my health concerns on the MZ repeatedly. As a LB user, I know the thing is fine. The only possible advantage of the MZ over the LB is the wall adapter and that is moot if you buy a quick charger (you can vape the batteries while others are charging and NEVER EVER EVER run out).

I know you don't want to hear it but personally, if I had to do it again - I'd get an LB and get on the PD wait list. I sorta did this w/out knowing it anyway and am glad I did. ;)

There is a strange similarity in vaping (not just looks) w/the LB and PD - sorta the lineage running through of the *Zap to PD to LB vape timeline...

PS: Last point - to paraphrase Henny - you can also get *$%$! f-d up w/the LB so dreaming about the vapes to come while you are already under the effects of the vape you have is a very cool experience. :D

duh,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I've seen the concerns and it's a risk im willing to take. I've already purchased both earlier this morning. I think they should compliment the surfer very nicely. I went over to bestbuy and picked up a quick charger and 8 2650 mah rechargables And for the zap I have the black and decker battery pack that I mentioned above which should cover me if I decide to use it outside as I may keep the LB in my car.
What are the similarities that you are speaking of I would assume as similar as the pd is to the zap that those same similarities would transpire from the zap to the LB
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

lwien

To me, the only similarities between the Zap and the LB is that they are both made out of wood.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom