Decarb at 170F?

ginolicious

I acquired a shit ton of Candida CD1. I want to cook with it, make it into butter as well as infuse it into a topical. Not sure how to do the topical cream but plant to use coconut oil.

Can I decarb at 170F for like 20-30 minutes or is that too hot? My oven only goes that low.

What is the difference between a salve and an infused lotion?

I read that the salve can have stuff added to become a infused lotion. But can I not just use the salve as a topical?

Last edited:
ginolicious,

sickmanfraud

I acquired a shit ton of Candida CD1. I want to cook with it, make it into butter as well as infuse it into a topical. Not sure how to do the topical cream but plant to use coconut oil.

Can I decarb at 170F for like 20-30 minutes or is that too hot? My oven only goes that low.

What is the difference between a salve and an infused lotion?

I read that the salve can have stuff added to become a infused lotion. But can I not just use the salve as a topical?

I have been decarbing cannabis for 7 years and always 240F for 40 minutes. Over at Grasscity PsychedelicSam did extensive testing (at his own expense) and found the best decarb to be 240 F for 40 minutes.

If you want to make a pain cream I would advise coconut oil with beeswax.

The purest creams, in my opinion, are made using ethanol as a solvent and then making a solvent transfer to coconut oil (if coconut oil is expensive where you are you can use palm oil) and then adding beeswax to make it into a creamy salve.

Personally I never use vapable cannabis in pain cream. I use either ABV or the leftovers from a number of month's worth of tincture making.

Top Bottom