[DBV] Upgrade from Waterpipe -> Hydratube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

citywokvapor

So I've owned my Da Budda for 7 months now (loving it) and for the last 2 months, I've been doing an adapter to a waterpipe. http://imgur.com/CC5v6bi

With just a basic 12 inch waterpipe (14mm downstem), should I upgrade to a hydratube?
I've searched here, reddit.com/r/vaporents, and google and haven't found anything comprehensive.

I know that this type of glass is new, designed to be the best because of the percs and filtration. Plus the piece is smaller, so I imagine there is less drag.
However, do you notice a significant difference when using a hydratube vs a waterpipe?

Also, should I only buy them from the Vape Xhale team? When I read "patented" i imagine they have the best quality.

I realize the Cloud would be best for their glass, but I'm quite content with my DBV for now.

citywokvapor,

clouded vision

For the DBV or really any whip vape, I would stick with a more traditional water pipe or bubbler. The Hydratubes are really designed to sit onto of a vape (there are several models besides just the cloud that work like this). With the DBV you would need to hold the tube with one hand and the adapter with another but if you get a nice bubbler with a bent neck you can just leave it sitting on the table abd just hold the adapter, then you still have one hand free.

citywokvapor

clouded, thanks for the reply!
I hadn't considered the set up being cumbersome.
A tabletop bubbler probably would be best.

If i could ask you more: what kind of percolators should I look for in a bubbler? Should it be like an oil rig?

Thanks!

citywokvapor,

clouded vision

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. Glass is very subjective, but there are a few basics. First the more diffusion you have, the smoother the hits will be but also less flavor so keep that in mind when looking, also you really don't need multiple diffusion chambers. Also vapor expands so you don't need a huge tube, most people will prefer something small to medium for vapor.
I personally prefer a medium sized piece with moderate diffusion, either a showerhead or a single honeycomb disc. Ultimately you need to pick what appeals to you the most. I dint know what you want to spend but just make sure you get what you paid for (check out the cheap bubbler thread before you drop $150 on some China glass at your LHS). Check out the glass section here and videos on YouTube if you want something a little higher end so you can see how it performs.

citywokvapor

No problem Clouded (wow everyone on this forum is so helpful and polite!)
I am all flavor > smoothness (of hit)

After reading your post, I'd like to get a small bubbler (I imagine less water = more flavor) w/ minimal diffusion(a showerhead/single honeycomb disc)

I shied away from it before because of cost, but I will check the cheap bubbler + glass threads
I imagine I could find a reasonably priced bubbler that is all function, no style

Thanks again!!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I hadn't considered the set up being cumbersome.
Yes, it is. My Cloud broke so I got back my EQ and use it just like you with a VapeXhale hydratube.
It is very cumbersome just like described above (so I'm not recommending you getting a HT) and the EQ (similar to the DBV) is not a weapon of mass extraction like a Cloud. It is still satisfying enough to be a good backup.
If you have 14mm connection than you would have to get a glass adapter making it even more cumbersome or to get a 14mm HT (pinnacle HT and similar ones)

A tabletop bubbler probably would be best.
If i could ask you more: what kind of percolators should I look for in a bubbler? Should it be like an oil rig?
Imo most oil rigs are best suited for this. You just need an adapter or find something similar with the right joint.
You are looking for any moderate perc. Slits should be moderate in size and the perc should look sturdy if you want good one.
Yes, you want small volume, but not too small so you don't get your lips wet, I think DBV doesn't have much drag, does it?
Also you want to look at the mouthpiece to suit your preferences best.

citywokvapor

"
You are looking for any moderate perc. Slits should be moderate in size and the perc should look sturdy if you want good one.
Yes, you want small volume, but not too small so you don't get your lips wet, I think DBV doesn't have much drag, does it?
"

-Perfect! This will help me when I am searching online.
No the DBV doesn't have very much drag, I imagine there will be less drag with a bubbler than with the waterpipe I use now.

citywokvapor,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom