DBV made in China. SSV made in USA.

Jedu

But there is a made in china sticker on my AC, there is nothing to be assembled. It must have been blown there...

Jedu,

Jedu

Yeah 2 weeks and no reply when I asked them about what was up with the made in China sticker, hope it was worth the 100 bucks to lose a customer ssv...

Jedu,

lwien

max said:
I'll see if I can get some clarification from Steve. It's been awhile since I gave him the 3rd degree. ;)
So did ya ever get in touch with him?

lwien,

Mezz Mezzrow

I've had my DBV for two weeks now and I've been amazed by its efficiency. I haven't had any contact with their customer service dept., but I got the unit very quickly. I then ordered some extras: a wand, a couple of picks and some screens, and those also arrived within a few days, and they also threw in, for free, a whip, another pick and a bunch of extra screens, which I thought was pretty cool.

As far as the China factor goes, I'm really surprised. Their website is pretty clear it seems to me:
Built here in the USA, you can be assured you are getting a great product and a company that will stand behind their product! Be aware of imported vaporizer, they are most likely a knock off of a good American brand, using the poorest of quality meterials and may also use toxic glues to hold the part togeather. This is something you can be assured we take very much pride in. We use our products daily.

Da Buddha features:

* Built and designed in America
If they've changed their policy, they should update their site, imo. After I read this thread I checked the bottom of my DBV and their label reads:
Made of foreign and domestic parts
Finished and tested in the USA
Kinda vague. There's a difference between assembled in China and made in China. I wouldn't say that it would have been a deal-breaker for me, or that I would have chosen the SSV instead had I known, but I would like to know exactly what parts were made where and what "finished" in the USA means.

Mezz Mezzrow,

lwien

They just changed the wording on their comparison chart. It used to say "Assembled in China". Doesn't say that anymore but instead says " Composed of foreign and domestic components, Finished and tested in America" in that chart that is titled "Made in the USA". Three other vapes there, it said "YES", but not the DBV. Sounds like they're just playing with words here.

Wonder if it had anything to do with this thread.

Mezz, when you say "There's a difference between assembled in China and made in China", what's the difference?

lwien,

Beezleb

I have one of the early DBV's and it says designed and built in America.

Beezleb,

Snuff

They recently changed DBV's wand design, do you think they did it because glass parts for DBV also made in China now?

Snuff,

masejl12

Just wanted to update on my problem with 7th floor, they refunded me 10% for sending the wrong color (after hearing nothing for 1 week) , I can live with that rather than returning and waiting.

masejl12,

Mezz Mezzrow

lwien said:
Mezz, when you say "There's a difference between assembled in China and made in China", what's the difference?
"Assembled in China" means, to me at least, that it was put together in China, but none of the parts were manufactured in China. When it says "foreign and domestic parts", that implies that parts were actually manufactured in China. Is it the electronics? The heater? I have little faith in Chinese manufacturing standards, and equally little faith in the inspection of Chinese goods coming into the US. Too many recalls and milk poisoning scandals.

It was clear that not all the parts were made in the USA. Their website talks about the wonderful grade of German glass they use:
The glass cover is made with Shotte brand glass (Shotte is just a brand of borosilicate glass.) Shotte is the highest quality glass in the world made in Germany.
Is this still the case? Like I said, I've been incredibly happy with my DBV, and I doubt there's anything in the China connection to cause any health concerns. Still, I think 7th Floor should take some of their profits and upgrade their website. There's several places where they refer to the SSV on the DBV site, like they just copied over the text from the SSV site, then couldn't be bothered to proofread it. There's other places where it reads like a 7th grader wrote the text.

Mezz Mezzrow,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I agree, there are a fair few mistakes on the website. Even after they updated the comparison page to say dbv gets assembled in china, another page of the same website slates vapes that are made in china.

Why would they transport the materials from the US to China just to have it assembled?!! Of course the whole thing is manufactured there now.:2c::2c:

Happycamper,

Jedu

Happycamper said:
I agree, there are a fair few mistakes on the website. Even after they updated the comparison page to say dbv gets assembled in china, another page of the same website slates vapes that are made in china.

Why would they transport the materials from the US to China just to have it assembled?!! Of course the whole thing is manufactured there now.:2c::2c:
Ya really.

Jedu,

smoking Joe

The silver surfer may be made in the usa with parts made it china. I tried to order a replacement heater for a back up and was told to send the unit back for repair. So I guess the heating element is made in China. Does any one know how many watts the heater is?

smoking Joe,
Top Bottom