DBV help

Status
Not open for further replies.

prdmnky

Last night I used my DBV for the first time, and I had some questions. First, no matter what I did I couldn't get a visible vapor, even when I turned the element up (I'm guessing I was pulling too hard, but I really wasn't pulling THAT hard and I've vaped plenty of times before). Also, when my unit is turned up to full power the light glows bright, but when I cut it back to 50% or so the light almost looks like it goes out, and I was wondering how bright it should be from others who have a DBV, maybe it's only supposed to slightly glow, it just didn't seem as though it was all that hot. Anyway, the first pull gave me a little visible vapor, but after that I couldn't get any visible vapor no matter what I did. I didn't put very much bud in at all, which could've contributed to it, but no matter how high I put the DBV I couldn't get the bud to totally brown much less turn black (obviously not what I was going for anyway, but it would've been nice to know I was getting some heat). Anyone had any similar issues? Any advice would be appreciated.

prdmnky,

owin

Do you by any chance have ceiling fans or something blowing on or near the DBV? Whenever I would take mine over to my friend's house they ahve like 5 ceiling fans and no matter how high you turned the temp up it was hard to get vapor. Fixed that by covering the top of the DBV to keep it warmer.

If that is not it and you know for sure it doesn't have anything to do with the way you are inhaling, then I'd contact 7th floor. Try covering the top with something. And try inhaling slow but steady. If those don't work then you may have a defective unit.

Edit: Oh and the brightness of the heating element seems fine. Should just barely be glowing if you have it up to about 50%.

owin,

Beezleb

First, fill the wand up normally, not just a little bit.

Second, if your not getting vapor at about 60% - 75% and your drawing correctly than the unit is defective in my limited view and would contact 7th Floor like Owin suggested. Really unless your drawing super fast you should see of lots of vapor when you exhale.

The DBV does not vaporizer small amounts well, as in the creating visiting vapor but it will still get you where you want to be but not nearly as satisfying as when vaping from a regular filled wand and I have never been able to burn small amounts in the DBV and I have tried so its normal in my view that it would not burn no matter being turned all the way up.

Beezleb,

prdmnky

Thanks guys, I haven't tried it out yet, but I do have a ceiling fan in my room with a couple of other fans around as well. I bet that has a lot to do with the problem. I'll post an update later.

prdmnky,

owin

The glass dish you can get from 7th floor to put on top for essential oils works to keep it hot enough. Does that make sense?

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/Da-Buddha-Aroma-Top.html

Using that can keep it hot enough. Plus you can use it for essential oils if you want. If you don't want to spend the money just put something that won't melt on top.

owin,

prdmnky

Thanks Owin, it was definitely the fan. It also threw me off that DBV is a lot smoother than the cheap box vaporizers my brother had been using. But with the overhead fan on no matter how high I turned the temp and once I cut it off I got great vapor clouds.

prdmnky,

owin

prdmnky said:
Thanks Owin, it was definitely the fan. It also threw me off that DBV is a lot smoother than the cheap box vaporizers my brother had been using. But with the overhead fan on no matter how high I turned the temp and once I cut it off I got great vapor clouds.
Cool. Glad I could help. Enjoy the DBV!

owin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom