RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So I picked up my miqro again as I was considering replacing with a pax 3 (I am just concerned about stealth factor).
1) I realized I like it more than I remembered, maybe because I fully cleaned before storing. Also cleaning all the holes in the bottom is near impossible.

2) I realized that all my batteries only ran about 2 cycles before fully dying. When charging however, I realized that only 1 dot was remaining to be charged... is this an issue with the MIqro or the batteries? Has anyone else experienced this?

THanks!

18350 batteries are not that popular, so there are fewer options. They obviously don’t last as long as the 18650’s the IQ2 uses, but I’ve found their overall life is shorter as well.
Best ones I could find:

DataRocks

18350 batteries are not that popular, so there are fewer options. They obviously don’t last as long as the 18650’s the IQ2 uses, but I’ve found their overall life is shorter as well.
Best ones I could find:

Thank you, I've been looking for safe comparable battery replacements. I really want to get this guy back on rotation, but the battery situation is killing me

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
So I picked up my miqro again as I was considering replacing with a pax 3 (I am just concerned about stealth factor).
1) I realized I like it more than I remembered, maybe because I fully cleaned before storing. Also cleaning all the holes in the bottom is near impossible.

2) I realized that all my batteries only ran about 2 cycles before fully dying. When charging however, I realized that only 1 dot was remaining to be charged... is this an issue with the MIqro or the batteries? Has anyone else experienced this?

THanks!
Stealth factor is unbeatable

On cleaning the holes make sure to get precision tip q tips to hit those holes with iso scrub from the bottom after removing the vapor path. I also ordered some 10mm screens stretching a bit to keep things cleaner.

Likely the batteries need a refresh on #2

20230331-122536.jpg

DataRocks

Stealth factor is unbeatable

On cleaning the holes make sure to get precision tip q tips to hit those holes with iso scrub from the bottom after removing the vapor path. I also ordered some 10mm screens stretching a bit to keep things cleaner.

Likely the batteries need a refresh on #2

20230331-122536.jpg
Ah I don't know how I didn't think of cutting custom sized screens for it... will do now, thanks!!

NYC_Frank

One thing I always loved about the Miqro is that it's impossible to combust ... I generally can go up the ladder for 4 sessions... good weed I start at SP2 and end at a 420 ... more daily regular I start at SP3, SP4 and end at two 420s. So although its not a microdoser you get good bang for the buck as far as the amount of 🌿 required is concerned

Have a good weekend everybody ... gonna miss these beach days but have lifeguards around for another week and gonna make the most of what's left on the Rockaways.

NYC_Frank

Has anyone used the new capsules? Do they work well?
Wow ... hadn't even noticed these ... anybody have them?

LATE EDIT ... Looks to me from this vid that the capsules do not hold much material ... if it performs well maybe an option for microdosing?? ... definitely no where near the amount needed natively ...

Last edited:
NYC_Frank,

NYC_Frank

I like it allows for a smaller amount, but I worry taste will be compromised by introducing steel into the path.
It is probably my own imagination, but the ceramic is what MAKES the flavor so good.
Yeah ... think you're right on Jill ... ill stick with my small stretched screens and a tight pack above the ceramic line 3/4 of the way up

So, I've had this and and the starry 3 for about a week. The starry was simple, as long as the mouthpiece screen didn't get clogged its clouds for days. simple solution, add a screen on top of the material, that way the material never clogs the mouthpiece. easy, simple.
The miqro was confusing me, i would rarely see vapor but could get effects. Anyway, I think I've figured this one out.

firstly, I'm used to convection vapes. Is the oven/material really getting as hot as it says? When it all started to click for me, i ran a tightly packed bowl at 410. I opened the miqro up and stirred and noticed a whole lotta green. but I got vapor that whole session. That type of session in a convection vape would have had more of an browning effect on the material.

I don't think the material gets to the temperature that's set on the device. Maybe by the END of the session it's reached that temp. Maybe it's the battery, maybe it's the size of the oven, along with how tightly packed it needs to be. Maybe it's the software in the device attempting to make the device as efficient as possible considering the battery size. I feel like if I set the device to 410, I'm getting the convection equivalent of a session at 390.

does this track with anybody else? Again, I'm pretty new to conduction vapes, but the starry gets CLOUDS at 385, I need to set the miqro to 420 to achieve similar clouds.

Anyway, now i get it, super tight pack and higher temps than I normally go for (410-420). After being a little underwhelmed by the device, (especially since I got the starry 3 the same week) I am now pretty thoroughly impressed. So impressed I ordered an iq2.

tldr - I don't think the oven/material really gets as hot as the device is set to. Am I wrong? or is that the nature of the beast when it comes to conduction vapes?

jackmode211,
Reactions: Jill NYC

maremaresing

It's worth noting that the Starry gets way way hotter than the numbers on the screen (in my experience), while the miqro probably gets a little below the numbers on the screen. I've had both and my experience was similar to yours. The miqro isn't a cloud monster with energy to spare from that 18350.

Glad you are loving it, though! The build quality and tiny size of the miqro made it one of my favorites, even if I asked too much of it.

maremaresing,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
It's worth noting that the Starry gets way way hotter than the numbers on the screen (in my experience), while the miqro probably gets a little below the numbers on the screen. I've had both and my experience was similar to yours. The miqro isn't a cloud monster with energy to spare from that 18350.

Glad you are loving it, though! The build quality and tiny size of the miqro made it one of my favorites, even if I asked too much of it.
Ok, that makes sense to me....The starry runs a little(lot) hot and the miqro runs a little cool.
I feel like the Legacy Pro runs a little hot as well, but that's just a feeling.

jackmode211,

Nstreet

Thinking about getting a DaVinci miqro-c dry herb vaporizer for personal use. Anyone have one and do you like it? Pros/Cons

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me if it's legit...?🙏🏻 Free shipping, too:

This too...🤔 "save $247"...:rofl::

Bologna,
Reactions: Choices

Choices

Free shipping was based on the original price. Still under $35 out the door for a new IQ. My old one will appreciate the company, plus I have new battery and set of parts I can lose…🤣

Thanks @Bologna for the heads up! Think I got the last one!

Dustin McKief

Does the Miqro have the same construction as the IQ series where it's difficult to clean where the bottom of the bowl and top of the flavor chamber meet?

Dustin McKief,

pop22

I own every DaVinci vape they've made except the !Q2. I even have the OG one with the floppy stem around somewhere lol! The only vape I don't have is the IQ2. My Miqro is kept by my bed for nights I have insomnia. I have 2 Ascent, and those are still my favorite! I have other vapes also, I'm a tech junkie lol! But my DaVinci's are my go to vapes.

Maryjanie

I like it allows for a smaller amount, but I worry taste will be compromised by introducing steel into the path.
It is probably my own imagination, but the ceramic is what MAKES the flavor so good.
This my concern too and the whole reason I use Miqro and not Pax or something similar. I don't want to introduce metal into my sessions. It's not your imagination. It's also why I have the IQ2 for bigger needs.

pop22

When I bought my Miqro, DaVinci had no spare batteries. I checked around and bought some Efest 18350. I get 4 sessions per battery with them, 3 with the stock battery. Been using the Efest for about a year now and they are holding up well.

Tonyscoop

Hey, I’m a new member here. Got a Miqro-c for Christmas ‘23.
Pods work OK…for small 2-hit doses, but a regular packed down bowl of medium grind works very good (4 solid hits) for 1 session for me.
It worked fine that is, until last week, 3/6/24.
Now, the bowl is getting slightly dark at the bottom, so I cleaned it out thoroughly with ISO 70%. I cleaned everything with a slightly wet Q-tip. Under the oven was pretty dirty.
It turns on now, then in a few seconds blinks once or twice 1 or 2 lights with buzzes, continues to heat then sporadically turns off or starts blinking erratically. If the lights start blinking, it will get to the 4 buzzes and solid lights. This only happens occasionally though, without the pulsing it shuts off. I emailed DaVinci…..NO answer at all.

Tonyscoop,

NYC_Frank

Hey Tony... See this page and the link "Click here to start a warranty claim" ... they've never failed me so don't worry, but you do need a receipt ....

Tonyscoop

Hey Tony... See this page and the link "Click here to start a warranty claim" ... they've never failed me so don't worry, but you do need a receipt ....

Thanks Frank…I’m about to do that now. This little beauty also has become hard to keep clean and it’s so tiny my 60 year old fingers barely get the job done, since the holes get plugged sometimes. I need a backup or a better one now. A vape that will last and last through every day use for my medical uses, that’s simple to clean.
Thinking about maybe Dynavape ? But might just spring for a Crafty+. There’s a big gray area for the elderly vape market.
I was told the Flyt Lab is good from a budtender, but I figure $70 for another little dirty pain.
The Crafty+ reviews are all around great, and for $200 or so more.???

Tonyscoop,
Top Bottom