DaVinci IQ2

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thought the direct quote from @Davinci_vaporizer below might provide you with some additional user tips, readying you for your IQ's arrival.

"Just want to chime in here and put focus on that a firmer pack will increase vapor production. Some other contributors will be the moisture/dryness of your flower, the grind of course. We recommend medium coarse to just above fine grind. Oh and let's not forget well temperature, amount loaded, and length of draw.

Most importantly though, the firmness of the pack. DaVinci is all about conduction heating. That being said, you want as much material in contact with each other, and pressed against the walls of the oven. Conduction will heat evenly and most effectively. Do you want to pack it so tight that it's a puck of flower? Absolutely not. Just a solid tamp in between "scoops" does the trick.

The 3 in 1 tool that we offer has a blunt end and that end is a PERFECT tamper for our oven size. If not that, then I have a personal share where I use the eraser side of a brand new pencil. (Also the brand new pencil eraser tamps the pods VERY WELL).

Now, with pods, don't be afraid to really tamp it to the top. If you see the image we shared on IG today, it is right at the top. Then you push that pod cap in and you got a nice solid pack. (Yes some flower may push out of the side grooves at the top of the pod, so do it over a rolling tray or surface where you normally load things."

Note: The IQC thread has been more active over the past year, and has good user info also that can be found HERE.

endof3d,
Reactions: CANtalk

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thought the direct quote from @Davinci_vaporizer below might provide you with some additional user tips, readying you for your IQ's arrival.

"Just want to chime in here and put focus on that a firmer pack will increase vapor production. Some other contributors will be the moisture/dryness of your flower, the grind of course. We recommend medium coarse to just above fine grind. Oh and let's not forget well temperature, amount loaded, and length of draw.

Most importantly though, the firmness of the pack. DaVinci is all about conduction heating. That being said, you want as much material in contact with each other, and pressed against the walls of the oven. Conduction will heat evenly and most effectively. Do you want to pack it so tight that it's a puck of flower? Absolutely not. Just a solid tamp in between "scoops" does the trick.

The 3 in 1 tool that we offer has a blunt end and that end is a PERFECT tamper for our oven size. If not that, then I have a personal share where I use the eraser side of a brand new pencil. (Also the brand new pencil eraser tamps the pods VERY WELL).

Now, with pods, don't be afraid to really tamp it to the top. If you see the image we shared on IG today, it is right at the top. Then you push that pod cap in and you got a nice solid pack. (Yes some flower may push out of the side grooves at the top of the pod, so do it over a rolling tray or surface where you normally load things."

Note: The IQC thread has been more active over the past year, and has good user info also that can be found HERE.
Thanks for the info. :)

TigoleBitties,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I see your point. This is I think basically how I used the Argo too and it seemed to work. I'll have to try this method versus pod removal and storing for later. The pods do have the benefit of less cleaning of the oven I'm told. Do you find the spacers help at all in this regard?

The cleaning is really directly related to how much you use it, even with the pods with heavy use you'll have to clean regularly with a vape like this, it's just depends what you find most convenient for your style, I find loading the pods and dealing with hot pods unloading is more tedious for me than using them personally, I just like efficient use so that's why I like the zirconia spacers and if you are not trying to finish the load in one session, using it the way I described for a bit more on demand style, but a few hits (heating up, at temp, then cooling down)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The cleaning is really directly related to how much you use it, even with the pods with heavy use you'll have to clean regularly with a vape like this, it's just depends what you find most convenient for your style, I find loading the pods and dealing with hot pods unloading is more tedious for me than using them personally, I just like efficient use so that's why I like the zirconia spacers and if you are not trying to finish the load in one session, using it the way I described for a bit more on demand style, but a few hits (heating up, at temp, then cooling down)
I guess one more possible configuration to not have to deal with hot pods is to finish the session with cool down draws like you suggest and leave the pod in there. Wonder if there will be much difference vs. a spacer also with cool down draws. The pods are nice for pre-loading a few and the ability to load them with different strains. Nice to have options.

cpl5938

I’ve been using the dosage pods exclusively for the last couple of years. First, the ceramic ones and then the steel. Tonight I just crammed a big bud into the oven, tamped it down, and did a few hits on Smart Path 3. Wow. Much more powerful hits and I could really use the air dial to cool the vapor down without impacting the quality of the draw. I used the pods as much as anything else to keep the oven clean, but I’ll put up with a dirty oven from now on.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I’ve been using the dosage pods exclusively for the last couple of years. First, the ceramic ones and then the steel. Tonight I just crammed a big bud into the oven, tamped it down, and did a few hits on Smart Path 3. Wow. Much more powerful hits and I could really use the air dial to cool the vapor down without impacting the quality of the draw. I used the pods as much as anything else to keep the oven clean, but I’ll put up with a dirty oven from now on.
Yeah, I find the the draw too tough to draw with capsules or even the spacer in there. I just don’t enjoy working for my hits!
Naked weed is the only way to go with the IQ (imho)

Principal Guy

Have not had out the IQ2 in quite awhile so gave it a go. The draw resistance is overwhelming, hard to pull on the thing. I have the dial on the bottom wide-open and it’s still hard to take a hit. Soaked the mouthpiece and flavor chamber and cleaned what I could but still no change. I typically like a little resistance. I use a course grind. To me the Tinymight 2 has no resistance. Make sense? Still enjoy it, mind you!

thx1138

@Shit Snacks Might sound like a silly question, but can you tell me if the zirconia spacers (don't have but looking at ordering) go on top of the load or do they go in first then load on top of that? I am thinking they go in first, but what do I know. I am new to the Davinci and am trying to find the best method for a short session.

thx1138,

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Might sound like a silly question, but can you tell me if the zirconia spacers (don't have but looking at ordering) go on top of the load or do they go in first then load on top of that? I am thinking they go in first, but what do I know. I am new to the Davinci and am trying to find the best method for a short session.

Hey good thing you asked, because you are incorrect! Think of the spacer as a packer, you load the bowl as much you want, pack it, then you use the appropriate spacer to fill the bowl and keep everything all tight :tup:

Spin0620

Hey good thing you asked, because you are incorrect! Think of the spacer as a packer, you load the bowl as much you want, pack it, then you use the appropriate spacer to fill the bowl and keep everything all tight :tup:
This is how I use my IQC with the spacers. Just wish they would hurry up and get the IQ2 water adapter back in stock. It's been out of stock forever 🤷

FrogDR

hello guys,.
I want to buy an IQ2. But I read that there are different versions of this vaporizer. How do you know the old and new versions? Someone wrote to me that the new version has a white IQ2 logo on the packaging. Is it true ? If there are several versions, what have they improved in the newer one?

FrogDR,

endof3d

hello guys,.
I want to buy an IQ2. But I read that there are different versions of this vaporizer. How do you know the old and new versions? Someone wrote to me that the new version has a white IQ2 logo on the packaging. Is it true ? If there are several versions, what have they improved in the newer one?
@Davinci_vaporizer takes a great deal of pride in the engineering and quality of their products, hence why they can offer a ten year warranty on the IQ2. Having said that, I do recall that a Davinci rep said that they are always perfecting their devices through the life cycle of each model.

My 9-21 IQ2 purchase has a black IQ2 printed on the front of the orange box if that's of any assistance. If the stars align, we may see a refresh of the IQ2 this year like they recently did with the Micro-C, or maybe even a IQ3. Lot to like about this vape! 🤞

endof3d,

endof3d

FWIW Came across a interesting recent Youtube video by the 'Table top Bong' maker who did a head to head visual comparison thru water ( pulling on both simultaneously ) of the Davinci IQ2 and S&B Mighty. Even though the Mighty has a larger heater and battery, the IQ2 held its own through the demonstration. Both were capable of producing a continuous stream of thick vapor thru different temperature ranges during long rips.

Own a number of quality vapes and still consider the IQ2 to be one of the thoroughbreds amongst them. Very interested in what Davinci's next offering will bring.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I’m sure it’s buried in this thread somewhere….but can someone give me the 30 second lecture on the differences between the IQC and the IQ2? Are the additional features worth the extra money? (I love the IQC btw.)

mitchgo61,

endof3d

I’m sure it’s buried in this thread somewhere….but can someone give me the 30 second lecture on the differences between the IQC and the IQ2? Are the additional features worth the extra money? (I love the IQC btw.)
The differences between the IQ2 and IQC involves the materials in the air path, construction materials, sophisticated dosage monitoring, adjustable air path, warranty, charging port and time to charge etc. The IQ2 'IS' Davinci's flag ship vape. Vapor production seems to be similar, so you really can't go wrong with either one. For the few extra dollars, I would personally buy the IQ2 again.

For a full understanding of their differences, best to visit Davinci's website HERE.

mitchgo61

The differences between the IQ2 and IQC involves the materials in the air path, construction materials, sophisticated dosage monitoring, adjustable air path, warranty, charging port and time to charge etc. The IQ2 'IS' Davinci's flag ship vape. Vapor production seems to be similar, so you really can't go wrong with either one. For the few extra dollars, I would personally buy the IQ2 again.

For a full understanding of their differences, best to visit Davinci's website HERE.
Thanks. Yeah I looked at the site….I think I missed the air path material info though. I’m assuming the dosing pods/capsules that work with the IQC also work with the 2….

mitchgo61,

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Yeah I looked at the site….I think I missed the air path material info though. I’m assuming the dosing pods/capsules that work with the IQC also work with the 2….

Yeah from my understanding there's no real reason not to get the IQ2 if you can afford it instead of the IQC? All things considered...

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think the highlights of their differences is something like

IQ2
+ better warranty 10yrs
+ airflow control dial
+ comes with ceramic mouthpiece
+ dosage tracking software (not a biggie for most)
- micro USB 6hr charging (terrible, but maybe nothing if you charge externally)

IQC
+ 100$ cheaper on average than IQ2
+ USB-C 2hr charging
- plastic (or silicone?) mouthpiece
- no airflow control or dosage tracking software
- shorter warranty 5yrs

If you're looking to save money, you might order the IQC and upgrade the mouthpiece to ceramic (it's sold separately) because then the unit is really similar to the IQ2. Of course this is assuming the lack of an airflow control dial isn't a deal-breaker.

I have the IQ2 myself but I could see why someone might save money and get the IQC.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

Yeah from my understanding there's no real reason not to get the IQ2 if you can afford it instead of the IQC? All things considered...
Yeah I already own the IQC but was considering upgrading. Thanks to Buzz’s 30% off coupon code I got it down to basically the cost of the IQC, a little over 200. (I’m also waiting on replacements for my IQCs so I may get the 2 before those show up!)

Only downside appears to be the charging, but I have a bunch of batteries and an external charger so it’s not an issue.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah I already own the IQC but was considering upgrading. Thanks to Buzz’s 30% off coupon code I got it down to basically the cost of the IQC, a little over 200. (I’m also waiting on replacements for my IQCs so I may get the 2 before those show up!)

Only downside appears to be the charging, but I have a bunch of batteries and an external charger so it’s not an issue.
Just remembered, I think the IQ2 is a bit thicker and heavier than the IQC if this matters to you.

I wouldn’t want to give up the airflow control dial! That’s the biggest feature difference IMHO.
Agreed. I like it myself but I sometimes wonder if I'd miss it if I'd bought an IQC. A lot of people love their IQCs.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Agreed. I like it myself but I sometimes wonder if I'd miss it if I'd bought an IQC. A lot of people love their IQCs.

Assuming there is not a major airflow design difference between the two, you can close off the dial to simulate a IQC draw…

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom