Davinci by Karma

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
See, this is what I like to read in reviews. Actual criticisms and suggestions for improvement. We don't expect to get 5 star ratings across the board with every reviewer/user. Our product has it's niche and we feel it fills the niche well. We also know that we're just not for every one.

We really do respect each review and opinion, especially of actual users of vaporizers. That's how we can continue to improve our product. A lot of the features in the DaVinci we added during the last 30-60 days leading up to production and some after an initial beta run. It was based on feedback from users, industry people and our own field research.

I actually have a concept for a sliding top to your vaporizer. That would solve the issue with a direct shot to the loading chamber. I need to take sometime to draw up the concept for you.

I did have a tip for everyone. If you unscrew the draw stem you can open the lid a little more to get better access to the loading chamber for cleaning. Just sure not to put to much stress on the hinge.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I actually have a concept for a sliding top to your vaporizer. That would solve the issue with a direct shot to the loading chamber. I need to take sometime to draw up the concept for you.

I did have a tip for everyone. If you unscrew the draw stem you can open the lid a little more to get better access to the loading chamber for cleaning. Just sure not to put to much stress on the hinge.

For Gen 2 , we're actually looking at a small change in design for the latch but I can't reveal too many details at this time as we're still testing durability, style, construction, etc.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
For Gen 2 , we're actually looking at a small change in design for the latch but I can't reveal too many details at this time as we're still testing durability, style, construction, etc.

Woot! If it ends up meaning I could take the upper bit apart to soak/clean it might replace one or all of the 3 Iolites I travel with now ;) Fingers freaking crossed!!

Lo,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I got about 5 sessions and I ended up charging. I think I could have gotten maybe one or two more loads out of it. I have been really enjoying this vaporizer. It brings me an added since of comfort to know I can medicate on the go. I start at 375 and go up incrementally by 10 degrees every few hits. I usualy stop around 415 or so in term of the temp.

I have a question to the manufacture about the charging. Do we need to let it drain mostly before we charge, or can we charge it at any battery capacity with out worrying about affecting the batteries memory?

Slightly Medicated,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
As I understand it it's best to keep this one topped-up and if possible keep it from dropping below 20% capacity to prolong the life of the battery.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I had kind of suspected that as well. I am trying not to run it below about half actually. I just toss it on the charger when I get back from going out each time. Nothing worse then forgetting and getting ready to go only to realize you did not plug in and charge the vaporizer. This is an area where my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder can take over. I actually prefer to be able to charge a product sooner rather the having to wait for it to mostly drain. I was trying to drain the battery but my OCD would not let me drain it completely. That is why I stopped after 5 bowls and charge. I could not bring myself to completely drain the battery.

Slightly Medicated,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I'm the same with all my portable vapes. They get charged as soon as I walk through the door so they are all ready.

I had an occasion the other day where it paid off. Had a major power outage and me and the gf managed to drain my Solo, DV and MFLB batteries before the power came back on. To be fair I could of just whipped out a VG or something but enjoyed not having to.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My battery management can be a bit extreme. It also comes from the fact that I am a photographer so I have TONS of batteries to keep track of. I find if I deal with it ASAP I will not forget. There is nothing more emberassing then getting somewhere for a photo shoot to realize you forgot to charge your equipment.

I have not had a power outage here in a long time, unfortunately when we loose power here we loose it for many hours. Luckily, I have a gas generator so I can just start that up if I loose power. That will help me run most the necessitates like the fridge, lights, my computer, and vaporizers.

Slightly Medicated,

MarchLM

Hey guys, and DaVinci dev.team - is it worth trying to fill oil can with e cig liquid? And what about temp. and amount of vapor, if there would be any :)

MarchLM,

Drastic

Vape4Life
Just order mine from the davinci site!! Should be here tomorrow:D

I will be posting a full review after some thorough testing.

And a shout out to Lance and everyone at Karma for being so super helpful in the ordering process. Its always nice to see a company care about its customers.

Drastic,

Benny Lava

Kenner
Hi, I'm from Germany, so my question is:

can I get the DaVinci somewhere in the EU (that's Europe)? [cause ordering stuff from America that is over 100 $ can cause problems with the German Customs Administration]

And can it switch between °Fahrenheit and °Celsius ?

Benny Lava,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hi, I'm from Germany, so my question is:

can I get the DaVinci somewhere in the EU (that's Europe)? [cause ordering stuff from America that is over 100 $ can cause problems with the German Customs Administration]

And can it switch between °Fahrenheit and °Celsius ?

We are working on distribution deals for all of Europe and Australia too :)

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Benny Lava

Drastic

Vape4Life
The Davinci came a few hours ago. All i can say right now it works very well at getting me very vaked.:D

more to come.

Drastic,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I know this is the wrong thread but what do you think of your heat wand? If you are like me and enjoy that, then you will probably enjoy the DaVinci as well.

Slightly Medicated,

Benny Lava

Kenner
I know this is the wrong thread but what do you think of your heat wand? If you are like me and enjoy that, then you will probably enjoy the DaVinci as well.
The Heat Wand is just BRILLIANT!!! I still feel kind of cheating on my Volcano (which I really love) but I have to say it's the best and TASTIEST Vaporizer I know (although or maybe just because you have to handle it like a raw egg).
And I've seen your Youtube demo video on the Heat Wand. Really helped me a lot. Thanks again for that.
I'm looking forward to get me the DaVinci. First portable vaporizer that seems to have it all.
A crazy idea for future generations of the DaVinci: put in an "alibi-radio". FM-Radios can be small as s#!+ these days and when a security or a cop asked what it is; you tell him it's a radio and turn on the radio part; question answered - go along.

Benny Lava,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks a lot. I guess I owe you^^.
Well, I just got myself the Vriptech Heat Wand so I'm a bit short this month. But next month the DaVinci will definitely become part of my collection.

PS.:
Sorry for the mssages above Vriptech seems to influence my PC, too^^

Actualy you have to thank Tokin', he was the one pointing me in that direction. ;)

vorrange,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hello everyone!

I am here today to write a little review on the DaVinci after using it since friday. It has been used extensively since then and exclusively, which is a good sign. ;)

First Impressions:

- The outside casing has a very smooth texture, very pleasant to the touch. The buttons are plastic and look a bit cheap but are okay nonetheless. Overall, it looks sturdy although quite light.

- Gets a little too hot on the bowl side of the DV making it uncomfortable enough to me avoiding touching that area for too long while it is hot.

- My hand nearly covers the length of the DaVinci, leaving half of one side open and the straw is visible too, but it looks stealth enough.

Battery Life:

I haven't seen how long it takes to charge, i usually charge it as soon as i get home and leave it charged while using it when it is pratical. Outside i have done about 5-6 sessions until the auto shut off so i think it is quite fine. With my LB i usually vaped 1-2 trenches when out and about so, 1 session of the DV is often enough.

Taste:

I usually vape at 373F (still havent figured if it is possible to change it to celsius), and when it starts losing taste (after 3-4 pulls), i increase between 380 to 400 to finish it. This usually takes me one 10minute cycle, sometimes i heat it again because i wander off in my mind and it already shutted off. :D

The flavour is good for the first few pulls but it loses flavour faster than in my other vapes. After all the flavour is gone, i still feel a bit of the "new flavour" which is still there although almost gone now. The herbs come medium to dark brown and i am always thoroughly vaped for a few hours so is very effective.

One other thing, it seems there is a bit of an oven effect and some conduction going on in the chamber. This could be why the flavour does not last longer. I noticed one time i heated up to temp before putting the herbs that vapor was formed as soon as the material was in the chamber.

Cleaning:

The DaVinci comes with a mini brush and a small compartiment to stash grinded material, the small compartiment is indeed small so you can bring only one more load and i am guessing that some of it will be less potent because it is too close to the main air path, meaning it will get hot!

Anyway, as i was saying, the mini brush is very handy because it allows you to give it a little brushing every time you use and prevent it from getting clogged quickly.

The main chamber is the one who concerns me the most. The access is not the best, since the latch doesn't go beyond 100º and doesn't come off easily. And there is no other way to clean it inside other than opening the DaVinci. Perhaps a good time to do it is when you need a new battery.

The upper smaller chamber is easy to clean as well as the screens and the straw, just take them out and boil them.

The rest, all you can do is brush it everytime you use it and ISO it with an ear swab.

Conclusions:

It is a very nice portable, it is sturdy, pratical and discreet (it looks like a radio, just put some headphones and you are set). The battery life lasts you a day or two, unless you vape a lot and you can use it while charging which is great when at home and you don't want to deal with glass or water and just want a quick session while surfing or watching tv or whatever.
The flavour is good but is still evolving because i can still feel the new smell towards the end of the bowl, so it will improve in the next few weeks. I know it wont beat my gn0me and i already know it is nearly impossible to burn it like when it happens in the Launch Box sometimes but i don't know wether it will top my Buddha or not.
Overall, i am very pleased with it and it will be my daily driver for the times to come.

Improvements:

There has to be a design change for the latch to allow a better chamber acess and another design change to allow for a better cleaning of the main chamber, either allowing for the DaVinci to be more easily opened which would be a plus when the time came to change the battery.

With lesser importance, i would also change the plastic of the latch for something less breakable since it is such an integral piece of the vaporizer and isolate a tiny bit the area surrounding the main chamber.

vorrange,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
Hey guys, and DaVinci dev.team - is it worth trying to fill oil can with e cig liquid? And what about temp. and amount of vapor, if there would be any :)

I would NOT recommend vaping e-liquid at such high temperatures. I heard that the VG base is not good for you to cook so hot. Stick to an e-cig for that. If you need more power, then check out variable voltage devices like the Knight Rider / Lava Tube and the new eGo-C Twist battery:
http://www.nicfitnation.com/the-knight-rider-vv-mod/
http://www.nicfitnation.com/spare-parts-for-the-ego-c/
(Those links are for Canada only. For the USA, just Google "JoyeTech ecigs" or "Lava tube ecig"

Top Bottom