Dan's Nomad Mockup & Shipping thread

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
https://shop.thepaperplace.ca/collections/chiyogami/products/chiyogami-389-full-half-sheet
389C_1600R.jpg
Oooooooh, I like the space one...

Arg there are so many good ones!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Saw these awesome papers few days ago ,i kind of missed what kind of paper is that exactly and where do you find these samples ? I have a highly durable paper wallet which is actually a map of my city,after 4 years it kind of started looking dirty ,cause it is mostly white but durability is still strong.
Edited.
NVM just saw the link for these papers at top of the page. My favorite mock up is the one with the planets and stuff ,seconds best is the blue wave, and snowflaky crystal pattern in blue.
I saw this shit and even though it is just a design and not a existing printed paper.. i just though it would look cool on the Nomad
19420424_10213240986530125_4054641098783993139_n.jpg

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah that worries me a bit, Dan's selections seem to be better than what we can chose on that site....

I like the one with the big wave but I think we would have to chose either the Japanese text and no wave or the wave and no text (the Nomad is so small we'll end up with a tiny fraction of these papers only)

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Mr. Me2, I think the main concern would be with white papers. Like anything white, it shows dirt.

I received the following email reply from a paper retailer that I thought was worthy of sharing:

RE: Chiyogami Paper
Fri, Jun 30, 2017 12:41 PM
Hi Freddy,

Chiyogami is actually the original origami paper, before machine made paper makers started mass producing in a lower quality, so it is used to being handled quite a bit. I'm sure if you are storing/working with the paper in very dirty conditions it will pick up some extra wear but we have never had any personal problems or customer reported problems. The paper can handle a very lightly moist towel if you did need to dust it off though. Are you using the paper for an application were it would constantly be wet wiped down? If so you may want to test out a sample. We do offer samples of all of our stock papers and some of our Special Order styles. All of our samples are sold individually so if there is any style that you are interested in the sample listing can be found within each paper’s detail page. I've attached a screen grab photo of our website highlighting the sample box location to help you find it. This way you can test it out for your specific application prior to purchasing a full sheet. We have had customers use the Chiyogami on countertops (and surf boards) but coat them with a sealant as they will be exposed to lots of moisture.
Best,
Megan

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Yeah that worries me a bit, Dan's selections seem to be better than what we can chose on that site....

I like the one with the big wave but I think we would have to chose either the Japanese text and no wave or the wave and no text (the Nomad is so small we'll end up with a tiny fraction of these papers only)

Yep, the larger the print graphics are, the more diminished the visual effect of the full-size chiyogami sheet, I would think.

The sleeve dimensions on the wide side of the Nomad is 1.77, and maybe, 2.5 high? That's not a lot of room to capture large graphics.

So in choosing which print one wants on their Nomad, a photo shop image will help a great deal!

So thank you once again @Dan Morrison and @duff for your work on that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom