Dank Mickey!

Cannabiker

It's the mouse's Public Domain Day! That means Mickey Mouse is free to be Mickey, with no more fascist corporate restraint. I can't wait for the merch.

53434944977_ed41a4592d_d.jpg

Cannabiker

The rights that expired were for the original Steamboat Willie version of Mickey.
I got so excited when I heard the headline on the radio that I abandoned rationality for a moment. That should have been apparent, but I was too busy finding an AI generator that would indulge me. Not surprisingly, AI doesn't seem to care about copyrights.

Still, it should be fun to see where Steamboat Willie turns up.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
When I was a kid, I saw Disney in a much different light. The cartoons, the Mickey Mouse Club, the beautifully hand-done movie animation, the Wonderful world of Disney on Sunday nights, it all seemed like wholesome entertainment with a good purpose in mind.

Now I see Disney as this mega-conglomerate greedy shitty business. Where they first work to get your kids hooked on the characters, and then they begin their real purpose of dragging the parents into their clutches and then greedily sucking every penny they can out of every pocket you own. All companies do it, but Disney has a special knack for being particularly disgusting about it. Sort of like the exploitation of children. But that's just IMHO.

Last edited:

Madtater

When I was a kid, I saw Disney in a much different light. The cartoons, the Mickey Mouse Club, the beautifully hand-done movie animation, the Wonderful world of Disney on Sunday nights, it all seemed like wholesome entertainment with a good purpose in mind.

Now I see Disney as this mega-conglomerate greedy shitty business. Where they first work to get your kids hooked on the characters, and then they begin their real purpose of dragging the parents into their clutches and then greedily sucking every penny they can out of every pocket you own. All companies do it, but Disney has a special knack for being particularly disgusting about it. Sort of like the exploitation of children. But that's just IMHO.
Some things in life just do not age or change for the better.

Top Bottom