damp herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremevape420

okie so acouple months ago i got my new extreme vaporizer and ouuuu am i impressed this thing has changed my outlook on smoking. when i bought it from cloud 9 in toronto the man told me sometimes it helps to damp your herb, he sugested a spray bottle i figured he knew what he was talking about but it doesnt hurt to get a second oppinion when your messing around with a 300$ toy :p thank you!

extremevape420,

max

Out to lunch
The vape will vaporize water content first, so with damp herb your first hits will be nothing but steam. You'll just drag out the whole process. Dry herb is the way to go. And here's a tip for bigger hits in whip mode- pack the elbow connector screen instead of using the bowl. The hot air hits a more concentrated load that way, and provides more vapor per hit.

max,

lwien

extremevape420 said:
when i bought it from cloud 9 in toronto the man told me sometimes it helps to damp your herb,
Helps to do what? This is the first time that I have heard anyone suggest to dampen your herb before vaping.

lwien,

extremevape420

dont really know to be honest i would asume he ment it would make it vape for longer but who knows
lwien said:
extremevape420 said:
when i bought it from cloud 9 in toronto the man told me sometimes it helps to damp your herb,
Helps to do what? This is the first time that I have heard anyone suggest to dampen your herb before vaping.

extremevape420,

luchiano

Using damp herb is good for many reasons.

When you use herb that has a proper amount of moisture in it, without being wet which helps mold grow, you will get more taste and the beginning of the vape session because some of the chemicals in the herb/resin are hygroscopic meaning they absorb moisture.

If you vaporize or smoke herb that is dry these hygroscopic chemicals will take away moisture from your respiratory system and this is why you cough and lungs feel irritated when inhaling these herbs. They are absorbing moisture that you need and when this happens your body will make more mucous while making the vapor stuck into the old sticky mucous and you will spit it up the next day. This is a waste of herb and preventing a maximum high.

Also, moistened herb is good for medical patients because it will prevent the volatile chemicals from burning because the water will keep the temperature low until all the water is vaporized and the low temperature chemicals will vaporized without being burned which creates carcinogenic substances such as benzene.

When you vaporize at 220f and turn up the temperature 5 degrees every minute until reaching 392f-396f you will prevent carcinogenic substances from being created because you aren't burning anything and you also get higher because every oil that is released at it's specific temperature helps the cell in the body become more pliable which means more chemicals including cannabinoids attaching to the cell and getting you higher.

If you want to moisten your herb without mold growth get a humidipak(http://www.humidipak.com/) and this will help you.

Put the herb into the vaporizer, start at 220f, take slow draws, turn the temperature 5 degrees every minute or so, when you hit 350f stir the herb up for more surface area, turn up the temperature every 10 degress and continue vaporizing until you get to 392f-396f.

I say 392f because that is when thc is vaporized but if you don't have an aromed that adjust to exact temperatures and have a volcano, the setting of 7 is 396f.

The whole process should take no more than 25-30 minutes.
Hope this helps. Peace.

luchiano,

luchiano

Here's a website showing what I was talking about as far as temperature settings and thc being vaporized.

http://www.greencrossofbc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21&p=2

"Not sure if this has been posted before but i have been asked a number of times to report what happens at Volcano setting 9. At this temperature everything is gone at two bags. Complete blow-off.
But at this setting one will receive smoke. When you thing about it, that is not surprising since
THC (molecular weight 315) does not enter the vapor state until around 390 F or 200 C. At this temperature lighter hydrocarbons will boil off. The way i see it, to vaporize THC, or any of the other more abundant cannabinoids, you can not do it without first vaporizing other molecules with lower vaporization temperatures
and this will generate smoke."

luchiano,

luchiano

This is what he found in his experiment:

"We did another experiment to six bags and behold, all is gone.
THC acid, converted THC, CBN and CBD, all gone skyward.
This is at Volcano setting 7 and six bags were taken.
So between 2 bags, where virtually all the THC is still present,
and bag six the THC is being boiled off. To 2 bags it's all
terpenes and aromatics.

Suppose, we will have to narrow it down, to see if there is
one bag where the THC, fly's, at setting 7. Bet it's bag 4.
We'll see..."

luchiano,

max

Out to lunch
Interesting points. I agree that really dry herb is considerably more irritating. There does seem to be a lack of agreement about the release range of THC.

"The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 185 C. (365 F.)...
Traces of THC were in evidence as low as 140 C. (284 F)."
http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom