Dabstorm 2 Digital Ceramic for concentrates

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Seems like a tried and true concept taken to the next level. Manufactured in Europe. Appears to only be sold out of UK for now so availability of replacement parts is unknown. TOFTT anyone?

There is already a thread in the e-cig section!

PPN,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
There is already a thread in the e-cig section!
All I can find is a (currently) 5 page thread for the original dabstorm, which is a different device.

BTW, vapefiend also list a 'Dabstorm 2.1' atomiser without a mod for under £35 (single glass mouthpiece option, £29.99 without mouthpiece).
Seems like a good deal?

If there's an established thread where folk are discussing either the 2.0 or 2.1 I'd be keen to read it?

And to anyone who has one (or @VapeFiend.com) :
Can they be used with temperature control mods?
I ask as I have a Smoant knight 2 TC mod on the way and would like to try the dabstorm 2.1, but I'm only really interested if I can use it in TC mode.

Also, what is the maximum outside diameter of the Dabstorm 2.1 (the Smoant Knight claims maximum clearance is for 23.5mm attys) as the SK V2 is a 'cage' or side by side mod.
5842301-13.jpg

Many thanks to any who have answers! :tup::peace:

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

Just wanted to say that i m pretty intersted in the Dabstorm 2.0 and would really like to get some user experiences here.
Right now i don t know if i want the Dabstorm, Linx Hypnos Zero or Puffco. Or if i should go for a dabbie instead...

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: Copacetic

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Right now i don t know if i want the Dabstorm, Linx Hypnos Zero or Puffco. Or if i should go for a dabbie instead...
I wasn't aware of the Puffco + so thanks for that as it definitely is in the running for me now also. I pretty much have scratched SV terra 2 off my shortlist as I've had some bad experiences with their products and customer service.

What is hard to determine for dabstorm 2.1 is how far up the side walls does heat travel. It does seem that the heating coil on it is only at the bottom like Puffco +, but maybe Puffco wins in that the bowl seems narrower and is covered, so maybe more convection involved :hmm:. But potentially not being able to purchase replacement parts individually and in the states, that's a deal breaker for me.

notoriousLrg,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Some food for thought...

The dabstorm 2.0 looks like it would have better airflow than the Puffco+. The SV nail atomizers are built similar to the dabstorm 2.0 and even the Puffco+ in that there is a reatining ring that holds them down in place. On the Puffco+ the dish is deep and narrow which I prefer. The shorter dish on the SV nails allows for oil to run up the walls and between the top of the dish and the retaining ring which then allows oil to fill inside the atomizer and pool around the coil and other parts underneath the dish. This makes for shitty flavor and PITA cleaning.

I have not had this issue with the Puffco+ and have not gone back to my SV nails in over 3 weeks I think. Dabstorm 2.0 looks interesting but the dish height looks the same as the SV nails. The Lynx Hypnos still has my interest due to its taller dish, although I am still confused about how its atomizer is completely sealed and coil-less so I havent bought one...plus the Puffco+ has really been a pleasure to use.

Fuck leaky pens and attys!

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I have not had this issue with the Puffco+ and have not gone back to my SV nails in over 3 weeks I think. ...plus the Puffco+ has really been a pleasure to use.
nosmoking, have u tried using the P+ atomizer w non P+ batteries? Do you know the resistance of the P+ atomizer?

Also, have you considered trying the SV terra 2? I am curious as to how it differs from their enail atomizers in terms of bottom coil under the bucket.

notoriousLrg,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have not tried the Puffco+ on a mod yet as you need a special 510 adapter to use it on most mod boxes. Someone mentioned that they are using the +atty on a mod in one of these threads. If I could get the adapter I could try it on the SV 40W mod which I believe is just an iStick40W.

I have only used the terra 2 a few times. They didnt work in TC mode and I used them at a low wattage so it didnt seem too impressive but more testing is needed honestly.

nosmoking,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
nosmoking, have u tried using the P+ atomizer w non P+ batteries? Do you know the resistance of the P+ atomizer?

Also, have you considered trying the SV terra 2? I am curious as to how it differs from their enail atomizers in terms of bottom coil under the bucket.
Been using the Puffco Plus with the adapter you linked me to on a Pico Mega for about a week or so. I run it at 10-15 watts. Typically I am on the low end of that. I hate the 10 sec time out but I double tap mid hit for a longer hit. My wax is usually crumbly which I just drop in the dish or it is more like pull and stick which I like to form into a donut, crank it up a little and push up the dab rod for more of a sublimative hit.

Ohms I read at .48 - .062 typically.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Have a dabstorm 2 and not very impressed tbh. It works well enough but the retaining ring is the weak link ... ive broken 3 now. Literally just broke one tonight by knocking my mod over whilst hot.. and im out at gfs family so cant stealth medicate tonight :(

Its just rebranded china tech .. its a longmada mr bald ii which is super cheap from dhgate. Build quality is low... Just been trying out my brothers w9 omnicron and the difference in build quality is night and day.

Im gonna order a new pen tonight and give this to a friend. Imho go with something more rugged and sturdy.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Have a dabstorm 2 and not very impressed tbh. It works well enough but the retaining ring is the weak link ... ive broken 3 now. Literally just broke one tonight by knocking my mod over whilst hot.. and im out at gfs family so cant stealth medicate tonight :(

Its just rebranded china tech .. its a longmada mr bald ii which is super cheap from dhgate. Build quality is low... Just been trying out my brothers w9 omnicron and the difference in build quality is night and day.

Im gonna order a new pen tonight and give this to a friend. Imho go with something more rugged and sturdy.

Thanks for the feedback on the Bald ii/dabmaster 2.

That was the same experience I had with the Sourcevapes enail globe unit - after two globes and several broken attomizers, I gave up.

FWIW Based on some of the comments here from nosmoking & Doktor Dub, I researched the Puffco + and rcvd it yesterday. Have run thru ~ 1/2 gram wax and oil thru it and so far, couldn't be happier.

notoriousLrg,

anasrzi

Although I haven't used the new dabstorm 2.0 I've basically made one using similar methods and tech all brought from dh gate or eBay, it's literally only two components mod box and threaded 510 ceramic bowl.

Dabstorm 2.0 rrp £69

Or

Variable mod box (8-40w kangertech) $14
Full ceramic bowl (mr bald III ceramic dish vaporiser) $12

$26 including delivery, no brainer for me and even less in sterling closer to £20 all in ;). Any links required let me know.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Here may be another alternative, at least for those of us in US.

It seems that the dabstorm 2 is actually a rebranded Longmada Mr. Bald T (as opposed to Mr. Bald II) which has diode type electronic connectors heating the unit w a ceramic cup. This item is available in U.S. @ vapepensales (~$30) or on Ebay (shipped from China - ~$20). Ebay seller even has the replaceable parts.

Dabstorm probably identified the same issues VapourHaze was having, so they came out with Dabstorm 2.1, which just seems to be a different set of orings at the base is my guess.

I've ordered the unit from China. Hopefully they've addressed the oring fitment. And if not, I'll swap out orings with some in my cache (like I did for the SV globe) in hopes that it provides for a snug fit, and report back.

notoriousLrg,

PoopMachine

Also ordered from China. Looks like an interesting piece. I see there is also a Mr Bald III

PoopMachine,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Just thought I'd chime in being a DabStorm 2.0 owner... I bought the Mr Bald III on DH-Gate, and it tastes like burnt ass, so my experience with these new 'Type B' coils is not good!

8-11-600x600.jpg

Divine Crossing doughnuts are still my preferred concentrate atomiser, though I have a Mr Bald 'Glass Coil' atomiser on its way, perhaps that will perform better than these ceramic cups?

41ps0z%2BK7xL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Bald-Gl...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1488728455&sr=1-6

I'll keep you posted.

PoopMachine

I had a Mr Ball T until my cats broke it. It wasnt bad at all but it was a ceramic plate.

PoopMachine,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
My Mr Bald III - E-Herb glass coil turned up.

The atomiser didn't work with the message 'Low Res' - which I assume means low resistance.

So we complained to the amazon seller and they sent us another glass coil atomiser.

That turned up this morning, and I've just gone to try it and that doesn't work with the message 'No Atomiser'.

So in conclusion, Mr Bald III (E-Herb) is a total piece of junk and a waste of money - DO NOT BUY!

1DMF,
Top Bottom