Da Buddha

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
After lurking for a while thought I would say high! Picked up a DBV a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. The only trouble I had was with the metal shim in the heater cover; I couldn't figure out how to install it without having the shim ride up the cover as I was putting the cover back on, eventually I figured it out but it was frustrating.

Anyways major thanks to all of the posters in this thread your knowledge and insight is greatly appreciated!

Prost!

EonBlue,

scrub

Hello.

I've been reading FC threads for several months. When I started I was using a Vapezilla. The zilla was a bit noisy so I came to this forum looking for a silent alternative.

I found that alternative in the Da Buddah. I love it. I've since purchased two additional Da Buddah's as presents to family.

Thank you FC contributors for that.

I was reading about cooling and moisturizing vapor when I found a thread that proposed that 'warming and moisturizing' vapor may be a good idea.

Since Da Buddah has a heating element, I started thinking about ways that I could use that heating element to both vaporize material and to heat water to warm and moisturize the vapor.

I came up with the idea of creating a water filtration attachment that sits on top of the Da Buddah. Or even just a cap to the aroma top that has two holes in it. Hose from wand into the first hole and down into the water. Hose from the open airspace above the water out to the mouthpiece for consumption.

Fill the attachment or aroma top with hot water then warm up the vape.

I made a drawing but haven't yet figured out how to upload it.

What do you think about the idea?

scrub,

freeman dyson

i would be very interested it in scrub. they sell them but they are ridiculously expensive. I think the hot dry air is irritating my chest and throat and want to try some kind of water filtration that isnt too complicated.

freeman dyson,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi and welcome to FC.

If you can snap a picture or scan the drawing you could upload to imageshack or photobucket to share with us. It sounds cool!!

Lo,

nobodys_girl

Hello da Buddha folks. This is my first post, though I've been reading the forums for a while. This week I finally took the plunge and ordered a da Buddha. I'm a moderate-heavy smoker, usually daily until I run out, and then it can be a 2-6 weeks before I'll be able to get more. Combination of recreational and self-medicinal use for depression, anxiety, and migraines. When smoking I've been really self-conscious about the smell as I live in an apartment building (though there are definitely other stoners in the building...I smell them, but I don't know who they are:/), and also worried about the negative health effects of inhaling smoke. Thus I've always wanted to try a vaporizer. I only actually have two other people I ever smoke with, and they've scoffed at the idea of a vape being effective, though none of us had tried it. So, I decided to see for myself and ordered the thing.

First impressions: I got stoned on the first use ;) I like it, I see the potential, but I'm not sure I fully have the temperature and drawing technique down just yet. I feel like I'm using more herb than I did before. Because I am separated from my two stoner buddies geographically, I usually smoke alone with a one-hitter. Of course I'd take way more than just one hit! I found this an efficient method, but had thought vaping could be even more efficient. Maybe it's just growing pains, and I'm wasting some to the learning curve? I've noticed I get visible vapor at around the 12:00-1:00 point on my dial. I draw fairly slowly. I never seemed to get much at any temperature by drawing hard/quickly. Is this normal? I got a bit of combustion at around the 2:30 point once. Should I consider that my max point and hit it starting at 12:00 and keep upping the temp and taking hits, up to say 2:00 to be safe? Should I keep the temp at the same setting for an entire bowl? How visible should the vapor be? Am I still getting some even if I can't see anything? I don't feel like I'm getting more than 6 good hits for a bowl about 1/4 full. Should I be getting more? A couple of times I loaded the bowl a bit fuller and seemed to get thicker heavier hits, but I'm not sure it lasted longer or was more effective. So far I haven't been able to get any type of body stone from it. Still experimenting I guess.

I'm still a fan, despite my questions. And I haven't smoked anything since DBV got here :D In fact, I stayed up all night vaping! I can already see "wand hash" accumulating, and I'm looking forward to trying that as well. I'm happy with my purchase, but still concerned that I'm not getting an efficient use of product. Given my intermittent supply, conservation is a key issue for me.

nobodys_girl,

dkbs

personally, i didnt see any savings in bud, however it doesnt smell nearly as much, is healthier, tastes better, and i love the high it gives.. but a one hitter is more efficient then a buddha. a good sub for a one hitter would be a purple days, or a myrtle zap.. both of which consume quantities similar to a one hitter. i love my buddha.

dkbs,

scrub

Here is a URL for a drawing of a possible hot air moisturizer for Da Buddah.

Edit: Changed URL to image. Added image of Aroma Top Cap

HumidfierDesign.jpg

AromaTopCap.jpg

Thank you, Lo for telling me how to post this URL.

scrub,

Elevated

Hello everyone! I'm thinking about getting a DBV. Could someone please talk about how easy they are to keep clean. My friend has a whip style vape and his hose doesn't look very clean.

I currently have a glass bong and I wash it usually after every 1-2 session. I just really like to smoke out of a clean piece. If it's pretty easy to keep clean then that would be another great reason to invest in a vape for me.

Elevated,

stinac

nobodys_girl said:
Hello da Buddha folks. This is my first post, though I've been reading the forums for a while. This week I finally took the plunge and ordered a da Buddha. I'm a moderate-heavy smoker, usually daily until I run out, and then it can be a 2-6 weeks before I'll be able to get more. Combination of recreational and self-medicinal use for depression, anxiety, and migraines. When smoking I've been really self-conscious about the smell as I live in an apartment building (though there are definitely other stoners in the building...I smell them, but I don't know who they are:/), and also worried about the negative health effects of inhaling smoke. Thus I've always wanted to try a vaporizer. I only actually have two other people I ever smoke with, and they've scoffed at the idea of a vape being effective, though none of us had tried it. So, I decided to see for myself and ordered the thing.

First impressions: I got stoned on the first use ;) I like it, I see the potential, but I'm not sure I fully have the temperature and drawing technique down just yet. I feel like I'm using more herb than I did before. Because I am separated from my two stoner buddies geographically, I usually smoke alone with a one-hitter. Of course I'd take way more than just one hit! I found this an efficient method, but had thought vaping could be even more efficient. Maybe it's just growing pains, and I'm wasting some to the learning curve? I've noticed I get visible vapor at around the 12:00-1:00 point on my dial. I draw fairly slowly. I never seemed to get much at any temperature by drawing hard/quickly. Is this normal? I got a bit of combustion at around the 2:30 point once. Should I consider that my max point and hit it starting at 12:00 and keep upping the temp and taking hits, up to say 2:00 to be safe? Should I keep the temp at the same setting for an entire bowl? How visible should the vapor be? Am I still getting some even if I can't see anything? I don't feel like I'm getting more than 6 good hits for a bowl about 1/4 full. Should I be getting more? A couple of times I loaded the bowl a bit fuller and seemed to get thicker heavier hits, but I'm not sure it lasted longer or was more effective. So far I haven't been able to get any type of body stone from it. Still experimenting I guess.

I'm still a fan, despite my questions. And I haven't smoked anything since DBV got here :D In fact, I stayed up all night vaping! I can already see "wand hash" accumulating, and I'm looking forward to trying that as well. I'm happy with my purchase, but still concerned that I'm not getting an efficient use of product. Given my intermittent supply, conservation is a key issue for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SAKPS7BnWA&feature=related
i use this technique, 5 small hit (do not exhale), so heater is always at desired temp.
When i pack 1/3 of wand, i have to start at 10-11, but when i pack 1/5 or 1/4 i start at 12:00.
How much hit do you get depends on temp, packed bowl, draw technique, herb quality ....
If i wanna max efficiency, i exhale in balloon (any kind of ordinary party balloon) and inhale it again, so at the and i get no visible vapor. If you got visible vapor, that is waste, because somebody could get high from it :)

stinac,

nobodys_girl

stinac said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SAKPS7BnWA&feature=related
i use this technique, 5 small hit (do not exhale), so heater is always at desired temp.
When i pack 1/3 of wand, i have to start at 10-11, but when i pack 1/5 or 1/4 i start at 12:00.
How much hit do you get depends on temp, packed bowl, draw technique, herb quality ....
If i wanna max efficiency, i exhale in balloon (any kind of ordinary party balloon) and inhale it again, so at the and i get no visible vapor. If you got visible vapor, that is waste, because somebody could get high from it :)
Love that video. I'm already a tokinGLX fan, but hadn't seen this particular vid before. I've been trying to do this rebreathing technique and I find it does make a difference. I'm having more luck with the DBV since I started loading bigger bowls and bumped my temperature up to around 1:45. I watched a vid about how the ABV could/should look, and that gave me a better idea of what was possible. I'm actually getting dark brown now, when before I was getting tan-medium brown. In fact, I just went back to some of that tannish looking ABV and vaped a bowl of it at my new "sweet spot" and lo and behold, there was vapor. I also tried sitting in a place where the sun was shining on the vapor, and being able to see it much better in the sun I realized there were times before when I thought I wasn't getting anything (visible) but I was. That vapor is sneaky stuff!

Bottom line is that I just vaped a bowl of what I might normally smoke on one session with the one-hitter, and it got me high. The high is different in ways I can't quite describe yet. I can't imagine getting a couch-lock sensation with this, but then again it could be my wares. I'm going to try smoking the same quantity later to compare the smoking vs. vaping experience. I guess you could say I have too much time on my hands :lol: My lungs aren't looking forward to the smoke, but I need to try it again so I can compare.

nobodys_girl,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I think if you break your herb up kinda loosely (how a 3/4 piece grinder usually gets it w/ normal usage) and vape at around 12-1, stirring after every hit or so, and then grind it down finer and vape at 1-2 and get a nice (milk) chocolate brown colored abv all in one sitting, you'll be unquestionably stoneder than you would be if you smoked that same amount. At least in my experience.

I think a lot of the unimpressed feelings new users sometimes have about the efficiency/potency of vaporizing is largely due to them not getting the full range of THC and cannabinoids that are released at different temps all in one session. If you lightly vape a bowl of green you'll get a head high that lacks the stoney couch-lock some ppl need to have, and if you re-vape a bowl of brown you'll get about the opposite ratio. Therefor, IMO, thoroughly vaping a bowl in one sitting is the best way to get the full effect. Wait until you fully get the best technique down and are getting the maximum effect before you go worrying about making comparisons to combusting.

As others have said though, dont just dive right into a bowl at a high temp, start just high enough to get somewhat visible exhales and vape it for all its got at that temp and work your way up. Vaping at too high of a temp, even if its not a temp that will cause your bowl to actually combust, right off the bat can cause you to waste about as much active ingredients as smoking, or at least I'd imagine.

steiner666,

nobodys_girl

steiner666 said:
I think if you break your herb up kinda loosely (how a 3/4 piece grinder usually gets it w/ normal usage) and vape at around 12-1, stirring after every hit or so, and then grind it down finer and vape at 1-2 and get a nice (milk) chocolate brown colored abv all in one sitting, you'll be unquestionably stoneder than you would be if you smoked that same amount. At least in my experience.
I just tried this, and you are definitely right. Thanks for the recommendation! :ko:

Wait until you fully get the best technique down and are getting the maximum effect before you go worrying about making comparisons to combusting.
Good point. In fact, after I wrote that post I was sitting around thinking about smoking later, and I wasn't excited about it at all. The difference in my lungs has been noticeable after just three days with DBV and nothing else. I just couldn't bring myself to spoil that by combusting this evening, so I decided to give your suggestions a try and got a nice result. Buzzzzzzzzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
nobodys_girl,

stinac

nobodys_girl said:
steiner666 said:
I just tried this, and you are definitely right. Thanks for the recommendation! :ko:

Wait until you fully get the best technique down and are getting the maximum effect before you go worrying about making comparisons to combusting.
Good point. In fact, after I wrote that post I was sitting around thinking about smoking later, and I wasn't excited about it at all. The difference in my lungs has been noticeable after just three days with DBV and nothing else. I just couldn't bring myself to spoil that by combusting this evening, so I decided to give your suggestions a try and got a nice result. Buzzzzzzzzz.
if you put a little in the bowl, put buddha in your hand and make 45 angle, so your stuff is evenly on your wand screen and you will get even thicker shouts !!! (but bee careful, wand can fall out from budda from that angle)

stinac,

darth_vapor

going to try the 45 angle idea right now, as I've been thinking about that for a while... also expecting a 100ml Ehle water piece... do they come with the downstem/diffuser included or do I buy one separately?

darth_vapor,

darth_vapor

So, I think the 7th floor bent adaptors would be best- better to have 1-piece GonG downstem or separate hose adaptor that has GonG to original downstem? 1 piece is just one piece, but I guess with hose adaptor you can take it out and there's nothing wet to put on the table...

Basically, would I rather have the bent adaptor at 4" from the base or 6" from the base? using orig. stem and adaptor would be 6" above the base, possibly giving more room for hose. The 1-piece downstem solution maybe would be easier to rotate and negate the need for the extra space and make more room for your face when in use.... thoughts?

Also- downstems: diffused or not for vapor?

It's $5 extra to add a diffused downstem for the following bubbler: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44590564, which looks like you could just use the bowl and 12mm downstem as a female end for the DBV tubing...

darth_vapor,

isis

I have received and am now in possession of my first vape, Da Buddha. Ordered it Friday direct from 7th floor. It arrived Wednesday morning while I was at work. After work I went to my friend's place where I got the DBV delivered (because of my unfortunately unchill living situation) and we christened it together with some organic sour d, super silver haze and blonde hash. Needless to say got cooked like satan's penis. I knew I wanted a DBV from the minute I first tried my brother's (and saw how much money he was saving). It is so wonderful I had to come and post, as I have been devouring these forums in anticipation while waiting for my gorgeous vape. Hallo other vapers.

isis,

ethon123

Da Buddha
I just checked where my DBV was in transit for the 94th time and i ordered it Sunday... my browser has a thing they tells you how many times you have viewed a page and i looked at that and was amazed. I guess i can't wait for my first vaporizer lol. Was anyone else this obsessed when they ordered their first vaporizer?

Edit: its in Sparks Nevada btw

(if this is the wrong place to post this thread please tell me I'm new and not sure where to post everything)

modnote: Merged.

ethon123,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Just read the thread on different chemicals beings released at different temperatures while vaping.

i want to know whether if anyone has an approximate temperature scale for da buddha knob from start point to alll the way up.
so that we can have some kind of reference as to where to set the knob at to get approximately close to a particular temperature ?

audiodelic,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I think the knobs on the DB/SSV style vapes are not exact. You have to find your sweet spots and make note of them.

On my SSV I find the 1-2 o'clock range perfect. I found my high range by accidental combustion :( Now I know to stay away from 3 o'clock.

Experiment and you will find your sweet spots :)

Lo,

ethon123

Da Buddha
I JUST GOT DA BUDDHA OMG its so good i just got high for the first time off of it. I AM SO HIGH I ELECTROCUTED MY SELF!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH LOL OMG I ELECTROCUTED MY SELF HAHAHA. well ABOOO DA BA BOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A DOOO DA BA BOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOWOWOOWOWOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWOWOOWOWOO I CANT STOP I CANT STOP TYPING IM GOING TO DIE WOOOOO WAHHHHHHHHH TOOOOOO TAAAAAAA I WAS KEEEPING MY PINKY ON SHIFT INSTEED OF JUST USING CAPS LOCK WOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOW OOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOWEOWOOOOO WAHHHHHHH TOOOOOO TTEEEEEE I CANT STOP TYPING ITS JUST SO FUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS AMAZING OK I THINK IM DONE I HOPE AHHH OMG THE DABUDDHA VAPORIZER IS GREAT WOOOOOO I LOVE IT I AM HIGHER THEN I HAVE EVER BEEN... WAIT AM I TO HIGH? THIS CAN NOT BE GOOD!!!!!!! I AM A RETARD WELL DABUDDHA VAPORIZER ITS GREAT!

ethon123,
ethon123 said:
I JUST GOT DA BUDDHA OMG its so good i just got high for the first time off of it. I AM SO HIGH I ELECTROCUTED MY SELF!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH LOL OMG I ELECTROCUTED MY SELF HAHAHA. well ABOOO DA BA BOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A DOOO DA BA BOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOWOWOOWOWOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWOWOOWOWOO I CANT STOP I CANT STOP TYPING IM GOING TO DIE WOOOOO WAHHHHHHHHH TOOOOOO TAAAAAAA I WAS KEEEPING MY PINKY ON SHIFT INSTEED OF JUST USING CAPS LOCK WOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOW OOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOWEOWOOOOO WAHHHHHHH TOOOOOO TTEEEEEE I CANT STOP TYPING ITS JUST SO FUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS AMAZING OK I THINK IM DONE I HOPE AHHH OMG THE DABUDDHA VAPORIZER IS GREAT WOOOOOO I LOVE IT I AM HIGHER THEN I HAVE EVER BEEN... WAIT AM I TO HIGH? THIS CAN NOT BE GOOD!!!!!!! I AM A RETARD WELL DABUDDHA VAPORIZER ITS GREAT!
I know what you mean, man.

SkeletonLips,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Buddha Porn :o

I changed out the fugly silver knob the day I got it. Picked this one up at Radio Shack for a few bucks. Eventually I'll be getting a custom glass knob :brow:

DB_logo.JPG

DB3.JPG

DB4.JPG

DB1.JPG

DB%20Money%20shot.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
daddygreenjeans,

toxicc

E11001420
Here's mine, it's an electric guitar knob and looks nice :D
It's plastic and not as nice as a glass SSV knob but better than the silver one that came with the DBV imo.
It's "off" on the picture, and i use it at around 4 where noon is.

buddhan.jpg

Speed-knob-black.jpg

Top Bottom