Da Buddha

darth_vapor

Will a SSV standard heater cover fit on a DBV to allow use of a SSV standard non-HF wand/whip?

darth_vapor,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So what's up with the crazy prices guys??? I've read every post in this Buddha forum and I want one sooo bad now. The wife won't let me spend $190 on what she considers a trinket. I have the VG and she hates that thing so she thinks this is another waste.

I've looked everywhere, eBay and all the links from this forum. Best I can do is like $190 for a new silver one (I'd rather have black).

Anyone selling theirs lol, anyone like to donate to my good cause???
Tokin, you out there man, help a guy out!!!!!!!!!

daddygreenjeans,

max

Out to lunch
I've looked everywhere, eBay and all the links from this forum.
You must not have looked at the retailer megathread. With FC discount you can get a DBV from vapeworld for $171.60, shipping included. Gratefulbuys has a black DBV for $179 delivered, plus a free SC grinder-can't beat that for a black one. The original price on this model was $159, + $8 shipping, so it was $167 delivered. What's so bad about paying $4-12 more after all this time?

max,

freeman dyson

ok, so my heating element is bent a little and I was messing around with and pushing it down. I think I pushed it down and it got soot on it. so now the hits taste like charcoal and it isnt the weed that is burning, it is still green. the white element has what looks like a thin layer of soot on it. burn it off? is there any way to clean the heating element? thanks.

freeman dyson,

steiner666

Serial vapist
freeman dyson said:
ok, so my heating element is bent a little and I was messing around with and pushing it down. I think I pushed it down and it got soot on it. so now the hits taste like charcoal and it isnt the weed that is burning, it is still green. the white element has what looks like a thin layer of soot on it. burn it off? is there any way to clean the heating element? thanks.
:uhoh: no idea what could cause this. you sure you didn't accidentally dump/blow some of a bowl down onto it or something? I've never had this issue, i'd get a hold of 7th floor by official channels on this one, make use of the warranty if need be.

steiner666,

Beezleb

freeman dyson said:
I would contact 7th floor and ask them. I do not know what this could be.

Beezleb,

darth_vapor

Just ordered a black DBV! Pretty excited. Gotta send the MFLB back, the screen came loose from one of the copper-covered bars... Good thing about that warranty! It should be a pretty happy household when they are both here!

darth_vapor,

greenganja

Congratulations on your purchase. I have only had mine for three weeks now, but it has already replaced my other vapes as the one that gets the majority of the use now.

greenganja,

Qbit

cannabanana
daddygreenjeans said:
So what's up with the crazy prices guys??? I've read every post in this Buddha forum and I want one sooo bad now. The wife won't let me spend $190 on what she considers a trinket. I have the VG and she hates that thing so she thinks this is another waste.

I've looked everywhere, eBay and all the links from this forum. Best I can do is like $190 for a new silver one (I'd rather have black).

Anyone selling theirs lol, anyone like to donate to my good cause???
Tokin, you out there man, help a guy out!!!!!!!!!
Get a new wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmogTown

I'm the happy owner of a da buddha. I've had it for sometime now and it rocks, well rocks me :ko:. I definitely got my money's worth.

SmogTown,

baurman

I just got my Da Buddha Vaporizer in the mail today.

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with VapeWorld's shipment to me. I ordered a Clear AromaTop and they sent me a Black one. and I ordered the Lavender free herb, yet they sent me Eucalyptus leaf, whatever that is. The reason I ordered the AromaTop was so I could put the Lavender on it, and now I have no Lavender. Oh well. Can't say I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

baurman,

steiner666

Serial vapist
First, welcome to the new owners. The DBV really is an awesome, heavy-hitting vape. The thickness of the hits you can get sometimes just blows my mind, esp w/ bong attachment, but even with just the whip. Love at first hit for me, for sure.

baurman said:
I just got my Da Buddha Vaporizer in the mail today.

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with VapeWorld's shipment to me. I ordered a Clear AromaTop and they sent me a Black one. and I ordered the Lavender free herb, yet they sent me Eucalyptus leaf, whatever that is. The reason I ordered the AromaTop was so I could put the Lavender on it, and now I have no Lavender. Oh well. Can't say I'll be ordering from them again in the future.
I got a black aroma top from them too when i got mine like 3 months back. They must not carry clear ones anymore i guess? The picture on the item page showed a clear one when i ordered too. I got some essential oils for mine at GNC and they work great of course. At first I didnt really care that it was black, but after my friend (new user) accidentally caught a bowl on fire while it was one and we had no good way of seeing it happen past the dish, i started taking mine off while i'm vaping. I was thinking the other day though that it would be nice if it were clear and i could just leave it on, but i can't be arsed w/ gettin a hold of them and shippin it back and such when i dont really use it very much anymore since my g/f says it bothers her asthma.

If/when you get a hold of them about it, let me know what they say about it. If they provide you with a clear one and handle it well enough i might just have to call them too.

freeman dyson

oh jesus, I just figured out that the heating element isnt bent but the round plate/base it sits on is off center. making it off center and look bent. when I went to take of the top glass of the heating element today, the plate rose with it. It swivels, you push down on the back of the plate and the front pops up. I'm going to have to send it in for repair. will this be covered by warranty? anyone went through the process and know how long it takes? my iolite has been being repaired for 3 months.

freeman dyson,

baurman

I'm trying to figure this out now.. whenever I slowly breath in at 2-3 o clock setting, I don't get any vapor. I am looking at my weed and it looks like it's turning a little browner, from it being heated up, but I'm not seeing any vapor. Do I need to leave the wand inside the glass for a bit before I start breathing it in? This is weird... I already taste that burnt popcorn taste at the 3 o clock setting but still no vapor. Wow, maybe my unit is broken? I've been switching settings from 12-3 position inhaling at a slow speed and I see absolutely no vapor at all. I taste it, but I don't see anything and I already went through 2 bowls of weed because it turned it light brown. Is my unit defected?

baurman,

whosgottheherb

naw dude, your probably just using reggies? As long as you can taste it, your gold. Since you said the herbs turning brown, that means it's working. try blowing your hit into a high powered light... it helps with a dark background also. hope this helps.

whosgottheherb,

baurman

After messin around with it a little bit, I breathed in so slow, like to where i didn't even know i was breathing in... and next thing I knew i had a huge smoke-like cloud of vapor thick enough for me to blow O's... damn i am shocked at how much i sucked out of that just by breathing in SUPER soft. Im trying to get thick smoke-like vapor any tips on how to get this? is the breathing in very soft the most crucial part?

baurman,

darth_vapor

I don't have my DBV yet, but from using my LB, I can say that, yes, breathing very softly is the key to getting bigger hits. If you breath in too quickly, you will pull room temperature air in at a faster rate, whereas breathing in very, very slowly will allow you to draw the already-heated air to your herbs and allow them to heat to the vaporizing point more efficiently. I can't wait to get the DBV sometime next week... will probably see warranty replacement LB then, too. Should be a great week.

darth_vapor,

steiner666

Serial vapist
baurman said:
After messin around with it a little bit, I breathed in so slow, like to where i didn't even know i was breathing in... and next thing I knew i had a huge smoke-like cloud of vapor thick enough for me to blow O's... damn i am shocked at how much i sucked out of that just by breathing in SUPER soft. Im trying to get thick smoke-like vapor any tips on how to get this? is the breathing in very soft the most crucial part?
You can hit it at whatever speed you're comfortable with, you'll just have to turn it up higher if you want to hit it faster and get the same results. Just be careful setting it high because if you hit it slow at the temp where you normally hit it faster it might burn. I personally like keeping mine set to where I couldnt burn it even if i took a really slow hit.

Also, in my experience, If you grind your herb up finer you'll get thicker hits. If you grind it too fine you might waste some kief and little bits of bud by sucking them through the screen. I usually dont grind mine up TOO fine when its green, just as fine as my 4 piece grinder gets it grinding normally (not upsidedown). That way I'm not wasting any fresh delicious goodness. After I've vaped and stirred and vaped and stirred and got about all i can get out of it, i dump the bowl into my 2 piece grinder and grind it up more to expose more surface area and then vape and stir a few more times. If anything gets sucked through on this pass, at least it's been partially vaped already.

steiner666,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
I just cleaned my glass with Rakia homemade from Plums ..
guess i haven`t rinsed the pieces good enough and now when i started vaping it felt strange :brow: The taste wasn`t good but the high is very different :D Is it possible to vape the alchochol from the glass too ? :lol: Anyway i am going to make canabutter today from whatever is left over :)

GreenWizard,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Got my BLACK Buddha yesterday. Let me just say if anyone is on the fence about this purchase, GO FOR IT!!!! This is my 1st vape xperience but DANG woot wow, holy cow!!! All I can say is FUK Combustion!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

steiner666

Serial vapist
daddygreenjeans said:
Got my BLACK Buddha yesterday. Let me just say if anyone is on the fence about this purchase, GO FOR IT!!!! This is my 1st vape xperience but DANG woot wow, holy cow!!! All I can say is FUK Combustion!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
yeah its an awesome vape. some times im on the fence about my other vapes, but the DBV is always a rock-solid performer.

@greenwizard - I'd recommend boiling the glass afterwards to get rid of anything that might be in there still. Or maybe shake it up with some iso in there and then rinse it out. I've never noticed iso leaving much if any flavor.

steiner666,

herb&swerve

Anybody else have large black/gray scratches or marks on their heating element when they received da buddha.:uhoh:

herb&swerve,

steiner666

Serial vapist
herb&swerve said:
Anybody else have large black/gray scratches or marks on their heating element when they received da buddha.:uhoh:
other ppl have reported defects like what you describe on their heating elements and the general consensus here has usually been to contact 7th Floor and get a replacement. Call them though, as it usually takes them a couple days to get back to you via e-mail, and who wants to be w/o a DBV for any longer than they have to be?

GreenWizard

Lubaka
I had one gray scratch ... but very light... my heater is little bend forward too but it has probably happened during shipping and i haven`t tried to push it... unit is working nice for now and vaping about 5 grams per day :ko:

GreenWizard,
Top Bottom